• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yomawari: Night Alone Comes to PS Vita October 25

chrono01

I'm going to hold off on the Yomawari pre-order and wait for the eventual (I'm sure) "Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight + Yomawari Night Alone + Firefly Diary Ultra Deluxe Super Special Edition" for $60-$70.

AniHawk

Well, LRG has said differently regarding the minimums and these are North American releases so I don't know.

they sell them to customers in north america but is the art work being done in the us? because it looks to me that there is no esrb rating on any of the box art i can find, and 1,500 is not the moq for north american games unless they have some super secret deal with sony.

my feeling is that they make the games with sie asia where the ratings aren't necessary and the moq is low, and then sell the games worldwide because they're region free.

they sell them to customers in north america but is the art work being done in the us? because it looks to me that there is no esrb rating on any of the box art i can find, and 1,500 is not the moq for north american games unless they have some super secret deal with sony.

my feeling is that they make the games with sie asia where the ratings aren't necessary and the moq is low, and then sell the games worldwide because they're region free.

The games are R1 and the cards are PCSE-

ESRB is only required for mainstream US retailers to carry and sell the game. Retro City Rampage was the first release to do this on Vita and vblank cited specifically that the ESRB allowed it. So it wasn't a workaround done in Asia. vblank and LRG are two different companies, and RCR was also extremely limited, so it's not a secret deal either.

LRG has repeatedly cited lower minimum order quantities for PS4 & Vita as the reason they're able to do these releases at all, and are thus far unable to afford to do any releases on other platforms that people ask for due to higher minimum order requirements. So it's probably not being done through a workaround in Asia, or they'd probably employ a similar exploit.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

ESRB is only required for mainstream US retailers to carry and sell the game. Retro City Rampage was the first release to do this on Vita and vblank cited specifically that the ESRB allowed it. So it wasn't a workaround done in Asia. vblank and LRG are two different companies, and RCR was also extremely limited, so it's not a secret deal either.

LRG has repeatedly cited lower minimum order quantities for PS4 & Vita as the reason they're able to do these releases at all, and are thus far unable to afford to do any releases on other platforms that people ask for due to higher minimum order requirements. So it's probably not being done through a workaround in Asia, or they'd probably employ a similar exploit.

Yup, as you stated, Brian Provinciano self published his own game (Retro City Rampage DX) which is what inspired LRG to get into this business. The games are all part of the official Sony NA catalog complete with cat numbers.

It's wonderful that the moq is so low for PS4 and Vita and hope that Nintendo eases up so LRG can get some work done with them.

Shizuka

I'm going to hold off on the Yomawari pre-order and wait for the eventual (I'm sure) "Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight + Yomawari Night Alone + Firefly Diary Ultra Deluxe Super Special Edition" for $60-$70.

I think you should wait until the Hyper Extra Multi Edition with Cladun Sengoku for $100.

MBison

I saw this game and it looked cool, but not sure what's like exactly, what is the gameplay like, other games it's similar to?

AniHawk

ps4 moqs are pretty low, but ps vita's are nowhere near what that is in america (although in europe the moq is teeny-tiny). hence there must be some sort of special deal in place if it's being done in the united states.

the esrb stuff is interesting and good to know. i don't think nis america would allow a game to be released without a rating though. especially since they'd have to have it rated for the digital version.

Top Bottom