• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sanders campaign touts "endorsement" from AIDS coalition, calls them corrupt same day

Status
Not open for further replies.
or, "Holy fucking shit it just isn't stopping today"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bern...rs-misled-public-and-exploited-their-meeting/

After putting pressure on the Bernie Sanders campaign to agree to meet with them, a coalition of HIV/AIDS activists now say that the independent Vermont Senator and Democratic presidential candidate is “misleading the public” about the content of that meeting, and “exploiting” their group for short-term political gain, even implying an endorsement by the group that they did not make.

Those charges are contained in a scathing open letter to the Sanders campaign signed by 19 members of the coalition, in which the group says Sanders pimped their meeting in a press release that made it sound like the group endorses a piece of legislation that Sanders supports:

While we were optimistic following what we felt was a productive meeting, our optimism quickly turned to disappointment when your campaign issued a news release misrepresenting the meeting with HIV/AIDS leadership entitled “Sanders Backs California Ballot Initiative to Rein in Drug Prices at Meeting with HIV/AIDS Advocates.” As 19 representatives of the coalition, nearly half of whom are either based in or affiliated with organizations in California, we are deeply concerned as this may now appear as if we were exploited for short-term political gain leading up to the imminent California Presidential Primary Election.

Update: The Sanders campaign responded to the activists’ letter by accusing them of being stooges for pharmaceutical companies. No, I’m not kidding. You can read the full response here, but here’s a taste:

e:

The title and thread isn't the clearest.

What happened was activists and Bernie meet. This goes well.
One of the issues discussed was a California ballot initiative on HIV drug pricing (which Bernie has endorsed).
The Sanders campaign issues a press release which makes it sound as if the activists agreed with the endorsing of the ballot initiative (they don't as such).
Activists release their own statement clarifying their position and expressing disappointment with the Sanders campaign release.
The policy director for the Sanders campaign, and noted scum, Warren Gunnels goes apeshit and attacks Peter Staley with unsubstantiated smears.

tl;dr Warren Gunnels is scum.

User1608

Banned
Ugh. I feel so bad for the majority of Bernie supporters. This guy has principles alright, those of pettiness and bitterness.

Brinbe

Clown campaign and a dishonorable candidate. I'm sure there are a multitude of people that look back in regret at every supporting or donating to this guy.

Oh fuck this guy. In some ways Bernie is worse then Trump. At lest Trump is open and honest about how much of a shit bag he is.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What a horrible day for Sanders and gone is so much of my respect for him.

Yep. I was fond of him even before this election but I have very little respect for him at this point. Really disappointed in what his campaign has become, and I don't think it's unfair to say it reflects on him since it's been a mess for while now with no sign of any improvements.

Fat4all

Banned
Couldn't he just clarified the situation as a misunderstanding instead of damning the coalition and saying they are part of the establishment?

Jesus man.

When it rains, it pours...

Really, just can't wait for this to be over at this point. Please, just let New Jersey and California end this and don't drag this out all the way to the convention...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I have lost so much respect for him in the last like two weeks. What is happening?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't wanna dogpile on the dude, but what is going on with him? He's devolved into nothing but "anyone who criticizes me is paid off by the establishment!" It's just sad.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
While we are disappointed in your continued mischaracterizations and repeated attacks on the Bernie Sanders campaign, it is not surprising that someone who depends on Gilead Sciences and other big pharmaceutical companies for funding would continue to drop bombs on the only presidential candidate who has the courage to stand up to the greed of the big drug companies.

Hoooolee fuck

Fat4all

Banned
All this rubbish about "the establishment" and "look for the money", for fucks sake, I work for and am paid by a company that is owned by one of the largest Republican jackasses in my state. Guess whose views I don't side with?

I just don't get how he can say that he's always cared deeply about AIDS research and treatment funding, and then slag off one of the leaders in that said field in the same breath for getting funding.

Everyone gets money from somewhere, so does that mean everyone is corrupted?

Lord Fagan

As the Bernie Sanders campaign comes ever closer to the day when they have to admit to themselves and supporters that their candidate - who rails against greedy millionaires and billionaires while burning a quarter billion dollars in contributions from idealist debtors - really lost this race on Super Tuesday and never recovered, the panic should only intensify.

Hylian7

Bernie pls

I'm really regretting having voted for him in my state's primary. Granted it didn't matter since Hillary won Texas anyway.

I'm not really crazy about any candidates this election now, but Hillary is objectively the best one.

Cipherr

I don't wanna dogpile on the dude, but what is going on with him? He's devolved into nothing but "anyone who criticizes me is paid off by the establishment!" It's just sad.

Real answer? We are meeting the real Bernie Sanders.

NdZY5EI.gif

Replace the Volcano with the sudden realization that his chances are 0, and that the attention he has grown to enjoy is finally going away.

Somnid

Well that was stupid. Especially considering if Sanders campaign left it alone it would have seemed like hubbub over nothing.

Maybe he gets it from his supporters who basically say the exact same thing? Pupil influencing the master? I dunno.

Famassu

Oh fuck this guy. In some ways Bernie is worse then Trump. At lest Trump is open and honest about how much of a shit bag he is.
Trump is nearing Hitler level insanity & evilness with some of the policies he claims to support & the way he is rallying people against muslims etc. Bernie acting dumb with these accusations does not make him anywhere near as bad let alone worse than Trump in any way. Being an honest evil monster is not better than being a bit of a dick.

The "potential"?

If it wasn't for Revolution Messaging's shilling money, social media would be unanimously shitting on him instead of it being about 70-30 right now.
I'm pretty sure Bernie could hold a mock debate with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in which they are represented by empty chairs, stand on top of them, strip naked and then light himself and fire and this would be Huelen's reaction

HUELEN10 said:
Sanders needs to know that this has the potential of making him look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom