• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream: The TV Series S2 |OT| I Know What You Did Last Season - Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Damn they got all her letters.

Okay so Noah/Black girl hook up. SHE ALSO MAKES HIM KISS AUDREY. I'm not cool with that.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
One thing though....Is it possible that Audrey's stalker is NOT the killer? I mean someone knows what Audrey did and has been doing a lot to tell her that...but didn't mention shit about gutting Jake.

Delio

One thing though....Is it possible that Audrey's stalker is NOT the killer?

I feel like that could maybe be a possiblity? The stalker could totally be the Sheriffs son but he's a red herring also the girl who organized the prank. But then they would have to know Audrey was part of all this. Also yeah your right..the Killer didn't taunt her about having Jake which they would have done totally.

kirblar

One thing though....Is it possible that Audrey's stalker is NOT the killer? I mean someone knows what Audrey did and has been doing a lot to tell her that...but didn't mention shit about gutting Jake.
This would be an awesome mid-season twist. Reveal Audrey's stalker, then have them get killed by the S2 killer.

Good, solid opening. That opening is still super-effective even having watched it a couple of times already. Really liked the NOES feel of Emma's dream. I don't know who the killer is, but I do agree that it's most likely not Audrey's stalker. None of that stuff alludes to killing other people. It's all directed at Audrey. Threatening, yes. But the stalker seems intent on messing with her first and foremost.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I feel like that could maybe be a possiblity? The stalker could totally be the Sheriffs son but he's a red herring also the girl who organized the prank. But then they would have to know Audrey was part of all this. Also yeah your right..the Killer didn't taunt her about having Jake which they would have done totally.

This would be an awesome mid-season twist. Reveal Audrey's stalker, then have them get killed by the S2 killer.

It's the phone call to Emma in the preview that got me thinking. That's a very killer thing to do. And it feels connected to Lakewood and Brandon James and what not.

But not Audrey. Nothing about whoever is after her felt like...a murderer. Just a really angry person who really thinks she was Piper's accomplice (and goddamn does it look like it. The letters!) Feels like Noah taking revenge or something. Notice how he magically reappeared after she got the IKWYDLS text.

There's also a part in the promo where
Kieran is getting stabbed by Ghostface. Feels......oh so shifty and Billy Loomisish.

Delio

It's the phone call to Emma in the preview that got me thinking. That's a very killer thing to do. And it feels connected to Lakewood and Brandon James and what not.

But not Audrey. Nothing about whoever is after her felt like...a murderer. Just a really angry person who really thinks she was Piper's accomplice (and goddamn does it look like it. The letters!) Feels like Noah taking revenge or something. Notice how he magically reappeared after she got the IKWYDLS text.

I dont think Noah has figured it out yet tho. He's close but not enough where he would go "OMG YOU ARE THE KILLER" Besides this episode shows he would go right to the police before sending harrasing texts.

I still think one of the new kids will end up being the stalker (Black chick forcing Noah/Audrey). I DO think Noah will find out tho and be pissed.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Random shit you can see in the season trailer

Audrey kissing new chick Zoe
Audrey kissing Noah
Noah essentially is getting a threesome. Go Noah.
Emma kissing Ghostface unmasked
Kieran getting stabbed in the back

kirblar

Scream having an aftershow makes me think MTV is happy with what they're seeing out of S2.

Also something hugely noticeable- way, way, way better music direction.

Random shit you can see in the season trailer

Audrey kissing new chick Zoe
Audrey kissing Noah
Noah essentially is getting a threesome. Go Noah.
Emma kissing Ghostface unmasked
Kieran getting stabbed in the back

That looks like Emma is kissing Kieran dressed in a Ghostface costume. Probably a dream, or they're getting into some really kinky sex.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
That looks like Emma is kissing Kieran dressed in a Ghostface costume. Probably a dream, or they're getting into some really kinky sex.

There's a bloody corpse with the mask on right next to them. So reallllllly kinky.

Also the killer leads Audrey to Jake's corpse with a message on it. So I'm guessing the stalker IS the killer in the end.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"Never read the comment section." Lol, so true. So true.

Brooke in her underwear and Jake talking in the 3rd person in the first 15 minutes, they know their audience. Scream is back!

Tightly written episode. I liked that Emma ended up going on Noah's podcast, and her taking Brooke to the creepy pig farm (and cutting Noah out) made sense, or at the very least was addressed.

Observations from the episode:

- When Noah was on the phone with Audrey he was playing with the red piggybank, and the later on Jake is drawn into the trap with a mechanical pig. Not sure what the deal is with that, but it caught my eye.
- I think the new Sheriff is in on something. He is pushing things in the direction that the stalker would want it to go. They obviously either want to play with Audrey or are trying to get her to do something since they already have all the evidence they would need to go public if that was their goal.

TripOpt55

That was actually pretty good. Dialogue seemed less painful. They killed someone. Looking forward to seeing where they take this season.

Corpekata

Banned
Oh hey another new sheriff. This one from the town originally and came back. Gotta be a reason to drop that info randomly.

Transferring over my guess from season 1 that the sheriff was the older brother of Brandon James that they kept mentioning. Of course this is slightly complicated by the new sheriff appearing to be Hispanic and most of the James family we've seen is pretty lily white.

holygeesus

Banned
Are Netflix censoring the f-bombs? Audrey came out with a 'fricking' in this episode, which seems odd seeing as it airs so late over there.

Also props to Netflix UK putting episodes up early in the morning the day after airing in the US, which means pretty much simultaneous with the US broadcast given the time difference. Well impressed with that.

Corpekata

Banned
Are Netflix censoring the f-bombs? Audrey came out with a 'fricking' in this episode, which seems odd seeing as it airs so late over there.

Also props to Netflix UK putting episodes up early in the morning the day after airing in the US, which means pretty much simultaneous with the US broadcast given the time difference. Well impressed with that.

It's an MTV show, they don't typically cuss beyond the occassional "shit".

strafer

Oh come on...another Third Watch cast member?

F5o8pvm.png

it looks more like
the as-of-yet-unintroduced new guy that emma was macking on in the trailer

POTENTIAL SPOILER IMAGES:
http://imgur.com/M1qPN4d
http://imgur.com/Vo6qa8e
http://imgur.com/ziVtZzN

Looking at it paused, I'm pretty sure you're right.

There's a bloody corpse with the mask on right next to them. So reallllllly kinky.

Also the killer leads Audrey to Jake's corpse with a message on it. So I'm guessing the stalker IS the killer in the end.

I hope that means Audrey is more the focus of this season

Joni

The pranksters at the beginning were really big idiots.
The bad acting in the movie was very appropriate, reminds of the previous Stab movies.

Was going to post in here about that, thought we were going to have to wait for ages. Rewatching the first season again before starting the second, it really is rather good.

RPGCrazied

Welp, there goes Jake. I think I'm going to say its not going to be Audrey. They are going to go most of the season pointing to her, I don't think its going to be that easy.

Enjoyed that! Shame about Jake though, really wanted to see what his big plan was going to be!

So we have 4 new characters so far and a 5th on the way?

They've done well setting up plenty of intrigue already.

kai3345

Banned

this show has never had f-bombs

I'm dropping this. I'm a huge Scream fan, and the first season was just okay. I expect the second season of a show to usually pull out all the stops to really wow me, but this just felt like more of the same.

Somnia

Really enjoyed it! Good return and the dialog and writing seem to be much improved over last year.

I think it's the cast that really make it for me though, I like pretty much everyone of the main crew. I actually was disappointed Jake got gutted, he was an idiot, but fun to watch.

Ithil

Hmm, thus far a marked improvement over Season 1. Nothing incredible and much of the cast is still quite bad at that whole acting thing, but there was far less cheese and woeful teen drama and a lot more focus on slasher antics.

A good sign for things to come, I hope. Now just get rid of that block of wood they call a main character and you're golden.

So much for worrying about the main cast having plot armour.

Fantastic start to the season. Loved the intro at the theatre, was pretty tense and well shot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom