• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

DeathSparks
Banned
(05-30-2016, 05:50 PM)
About an hour ago the Dead Island 2 steam page was seemingly removed from steam, It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out the game is being cancelled. Between Yager dropping out and handing the development Sumo Digital it seems like Deep Silver is most likely abandoning the project.

EDIT: Deep Silver has confirmed it is still in development.

Shao Kahn Brewing a Stew
Banned
(05-30-2016, 05:51 PM)
Shao Kahn Brewing a Stew's Avatar
Monday morning at Deep Silver.
bobbychalkers
Member
(05-30-2016, 05:52 PM)
bobbychalkers's Avatar
The hell is going on at Deep Silver?
Corpekata
Banned
(05-30-2016, 05:52 PM)
Might just be that they are amping up for a re-reveal given that it's clearly gone under a facelift or two by now. E3 is just a couple days away.

Especially with the Definitive Edition releasing tomorrow they might want to be avoiding misclicks or people thinking "Well, why bother, I'll wait for 2."
Evolution of Metal
Member
(05-30-2016, 05:52 PM)
Dead Continent
Alucrid
Banned
(05-30-2016, 05:52 PM)
Alucrid's Avatar
hey you looking at the screen let me ask you a question do you like canceled games that are canceled?
FelipeMGM
Member
(05-30-2016, 05:53 PM)
FelipeMGM's Avatar
Either is cancelled or Sumo really changed the game and its visual identity and are making another page
Spaghetti
Member
(05-30-2016, 05:54 PM)
Spaghetti's Avatar
My money is on a re-reveal.
Justice_Bolt
Member
(05-30-2016, 05:54 PM)
Justice_Bolt's Avatar
Deep Silver does it again. Destroying another IP again.
I hope i'm wrong.
LewieP
Member
(05-30-2016, 05:55 PM)
LewieP's Avatar
You might be jumping to conclusions here. Could just be part of Sumo Digital taking the reigns.

As much as I don't care about this game in the slightest, Sumo are a good studio, so I hope they do OK out of whatever their deal with Deep Silver is.

I don't think Deep Silver are a very good publisher, and their future prospects don't seem very strong.
delSai
Member
(05-30-2016, 05:55 PM)
delSai's Avatar
I hope it wasn't cancelled, i was looking forward to it.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(05-30-2016, 05:55 PM)
JaseC's Avatar
I'm not surprised. As I said in the Dead Island DE thread, DI2's Steam app hadn't been touched by a non-Valve hand since last November, which is an abnormally long time for a Steamworks game and suggests either cancellation or a project reboot.
DeathSparks
Banned
(05-30-2016, 05:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Corpekata

Might just be that they are amping up for a re-reveal given that it's clearly gone under a facelift or two by now. E3 is just a couple days away.

Especially with the Definitive Edition releasing tomorrow they might want to be avoiding misclicks or people thinking "Well, why bother, I'll wait for 2."

I doubt it, we haven't heard anything about the game since Yager dropped out and handled development over to Sumo Digital.

There's a lot of problems going on at Deep Silver right now.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(05-30-2016, 05:58 PM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by DeathSparks

I doubt it, we haven't heard anything about the game since Yager dropped out and handled development over to Sumo Digital.

There's a lot of problems going on at Deep Silver right now.

Sumo Digital's involvement was confirmed by Koch just two months ago, though. It'd be a bit odd for the game to be cancelled so soon after confirming that development was being course-corrected.
Corpekata
Banned
(05-30-2016, 05:58 PM)

Originally Posted by DeathSparks

I doubt it, we haven't heard anything about the game since Yager dropped out and handled development over to Sumo Digital.

There's a lot of problems going on at Deep Silver right now.

That wasn't very long ago.
salromano
Member
(05-30-2016, 05:59 PM)
salromano's Avatar

Originally Posted by JaseC

Sumo Digital's involvement was confirmed by Koch just two months ago, though. It'd be a bit odd for the game to be cancelled so soon after confirming that development is being course-corrected.

Had the same thought. Gonna go with the project reboot.
Shredderi
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:01 PM)
Shredderi's Avatar
I also think it's a reboot. I would guess that they would shift towards a more serious tone like Dying Light.
User 479360
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:02 PM)
Damn. I hope it's not cancelled.
TheLostBigBoss
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:03 PM)
TheLostBigBoss's Avatar

Originally Posted by OCDChewie

Damn. I hope it's not cancelled.

I hope it is, or at least basically being remade.

The game looked like absolute trash last time we saw it.

They need to trash the goofy shit and make it more focused on survival aspects with a far more serious tone. You know, like what everyone wanted the original Dead Island to be.
chrisPjelly
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:04 PM)
chrisPjelly's Avatar
Shame, I really like the coop aspect of the first two games. What a mess
gossi
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:04 PM)
gossi's Avatar
It wouldn't be terribly surprising if Homefront reboot caused a huge financial loss. Oh boy. (Koch backed Homefront).
MillionStabs
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:05 PM)
Had it on my wishlist, clicking it now redirects to the Steam home page.


Shame on that, I was really looking foward to the game
LongDongJunon
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:10 PM)
LongDongJunon's Avatar
Finally the nightmare ends
Menitta
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:11 PM)
Menitta's Avatar
Gonna be honest, I thought this was already cancelled.
Shihon
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:11 PM)
Shihon's Avatar
Just my opinion but the game trailer and premise looked like it would of been shit anyway. I mean come on, a Dead Island set in California? Keyword being island,also don't forget Dying Light pretty much ended any hype the game would of garnered.

Deep Silver messed up letting Techland go,with that being said I cant wait for Dying Light 2.
DeathSparks
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Shihon

Just my opinion but the game trailer and premise looked like it would of been shit anyway. I mean come on, a Dead Island set in California? Keyword being island,also don't forget Dying Light pretty much ended any hype the game would of garnered.

Deep Silver messed up letting Techland go,with that being said I cant wait for Dying Light 2.

Can't agree more, Dying Light was surprisingly good and was much better than Dead Island and Riptide.
Corpekata
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Shihon

Just my opinion but the game trailer and premise looked like it would of been shit anyway. I mean come on, a Dead Island set in California? Keyword being island,also don't forget Dying Light pretty much ended any hype the game would of garnered.

Deep Silver messed up letting Techland go,with that being said I cant wait for Dying Light 2.

Yes, the chief reason to play was the grammatical accuracy of the title.
Zukkoyaki
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:15 PM)
Zukkoyaki's Avatar
Game had some promise, what a shame.

Hopefully Deep Silver can get back on track after a streak of odd decisions and bad luck. Things were looking very bright for them just a couple of years ago.
jond76
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:16 PM)
Last week I saw some old pre-order cards for this at Target. Should took one for collector purposes!

Hoping for a re-reveal.
matrixman92
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:18 PM)
matrixman92's Avatar
Hope it isnt completely cancelled. While I didnt like what Yager was doing with it, i did like the settings they chose. I was hoping that at least that would stay the same.
Shredderi
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:18 PM)
Shredderi's Avatar
Dying Light happening must have been devastating for this. The way I've understood it is that Techland went to Deep Silver with Dying Light but they thought that it would be a bad idea. Whoever made that call must feel so stupid now. Of course you acknowledge that this happens sometimes and you don't always make the best calls but that was one bad call from them.
Gbraga
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:18 PM)
Gbraga's Avatar
Please don't ruin Bloodstained.
Mushroomer25
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:19 PM)
Mushroomer25's Avatar
This game has gone on such an odd path. They did that initial CG reveal at E3, basically no info since then, and then they plastered that trailer over the last season of The Walking Dead as if it was coming out next week. Very confusing.
matrixman92
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:20 PM)
matrixman92's Avatar
Its all good...I still have my dead island 2 beta coming from buying Escape Dead Island

http://di2beta.com/

.........:(
DeathSparks
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by matrixman92

Its all good...I still have my dead island 2 beta coming from buying Escape Dead Island

http://di2beta.com/

.........:(

LOL that site still works?
Alienous
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:30 PM)
Alienous's Avatar
Don't worry about Deep Silver, they still have Mighty No. 9
Shredderi
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:31 PM)
Shredderi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienous

Don't worry about Deep Silver, they still have Mighty No.9

Chuckled.
Salty Rice
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:31 PM)
Salty Rice's Avatar
Dark Times for Deep Silver.
DeathSparks
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Alienous

Don't worry about Deep Silver, they still have Mighty No. 9

Crimsonclaw111
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:32 PM)
Crimsonclaw111's Avatar

Originally Posted by Justice_Bolt

Deep Silver does it again. Destroying another IP again.
I hope i'm wrong.

Destroying again? This ip has always been trash imo.
ViciousDS
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by matrixman92

Hope it isnt completely cancelled. While I didnt like what Yager was doing with it, i did like the settings they chose. I was hoping that at least that would stay the same.

I thought techland developed dead island? Unless it's basically the same company. Then they said fuck it and made dying light without deep silver telling the what to do
SolidSnakex
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:41 PM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by ViciousDS

I thought techland developed dead island? Unless it's basically the same company. Then they said fuck it and made dying light without deep silver telling the what to do

They did, but then Deep Silver got the bright idea to kick them off it. Since then Techland went and developed another very popular open world zombie IP while the only new Dead Island that DS has been able to release is this

DeathSparks
Banned
(05-30-2016, 06:43 PM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

They did, but then Deep Silver got the bright idea to kick them off it. Since then Techland went and developed another very popular open world zombie IP while the only new Dead Island that DS has been able to release is this

Oh god I remember that game, wasn't it developed by Fatshark which were the same people behind Warhammer Vermintide?
prudislav
Member
(05-30-2016, 06:58 PM)
prudislav's Avatar

Originally Posted by DeathSparks

Oh god I remember that game, wasn't it developed by Fatshark which were the same people behind Warhammer Vermintide?

yep
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(05-30-2016, 07:00 PM)
antitrop's Avatar
This is what the Dead Island franchise deserves, really. Yes, I'm still salty about that trailer.
Krakn3Dfx
Member
(05-30-2016, 07:01 PM)
Krakn3Dfx's Avatar
Dammit, come on Deep Silver, DOIT.
wrowa
Member
(05-30-2016, 07:03 PM)
wrowa's Avatar
I wouldn't read much into it. Whatever the store page showed and said likely doesn't accurately describe the current Dead Island 2 anyway, so why keep the site? Keeping it isn't really doing them any favors.
KatamariOnTheRocks
Member
(05-30-2016, 07:12 PM)
KatamariOnTheRocks's Avatar
I really hope it isn't cancelled, I really enjoyed the other games and was very much looking forward to the new one.
NumberThree
Member
(05-30-2016, 07:16 PM)
NumberThree's Avatar

Originally Posted by shagg_187

Monday morning at Deep Silver.

Afternoon.
User 479360
Banned
(05-30-2016, 07:23 PM)

Originally Posted by TheLostBigBoss

I hope it is, or at least basically being remade.

The game looked like absolute trash last time we saw it.

They need to trash the goofy shit and make it more focused on survival aspects with a far more serious tone. You know, like what everyone wanted the original Dead Island to be.

A reboot would be fine. A new subtitle would be, too. A new direction, okay, sure. Just not all out cancellation.

Thread Tools