• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

I was shocked at their restraint..

I wasn't. That's the kind of thing that could have a person meet with grievous bodily harm in the streets outside the convention. I can see some out of towners having some measure of common sense not to fuck with Michelle's podium time. That, and I think people respect Michelle than they might ever admit.

Merc_

Good on Bernie for making sure to mention how important supreme court justice picks are going to be for the future of this country.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Good on Bernie for making sure to mention how important supreme court justice picks are going to be for the future of this country.
This is the main reason I've decided to vote this election.

I wasn't. That's the kind of thing that could have a person meet with grievous bodily harm in the streets outside the convention. I can see some out of towners having some measure of common sense not to fuck with Michelle's podium time. That, and I think people respect Michelle than they might ever admit.

I mean, they booed Warren..at that point, ANYTHING was possible.

hypernima

Banned
ugAiU27.gif

where is this from? sorry for off topic

Crocodile

Michelle Obama's speech gave me life energy <3 (Booker was good too!)

Bernie or Busters make me want to drink Bleach but at least there aren't too many of them and at least Sanders seemed to give the best speech he could have given the circumstances (though I agree that this is partially his fault)

As an aside, I don't play Pokemon Go but DAMN did we win when it came to those Gym Leaders:

CoLKMWDUIAA-RcC.jpg

Source

SLAY

iavi

Michelle's speech rung something in the soul.

Easily the best speech of the night, and I lament the day her and Barack leave office.

Jacir

Im catching up with the DNC speeches and man, Michelle was awesome. Everyone was in awe. Everyone was awed when she mentioned the White House which was built by black slaves. So good and inspiring. #Michellefor2020

D i Z

For those that missed the convention live, you might also want to look up the "in his own words" clips (that's what they were called, right? Someone correct me if I got that wrong). They are numerous. Each a concise video letting Trump expose his lunacy and bigotry and greed with his own words and tactics from during his campaign and spanning back decades in a few cases.

Read Michelle's speech. Are the others worth looking up?

There were no bad speeches, and all worth going through at least once.

TheFlow

Banned
Zoe is a solid actor and I consider her black but her putting on that makeup to look significantly darker is jarring. All I can think of is blackface.

royalan

Michelle was amazing. Ever the vision of #BlackBeauty #BlackClass #BlackSophistication #BlackIntellectualism #BlackHair

Also give it up for my MAN, Mr. Booker.

Village

Michelle Obama's speech gave me life energy <3 (Booker was good too!)

Bernie or Busters make me want to drink Bleach but at least there aren't too many of them and at least Sanders seemed to give the best speech he could have given the circumstances (though I agree that this is partially his fault)

As an aside, I don't play Pokemon Go but DAMN did we win when it came to those Gym Leaders:

CoLKMWDUIAA-RcC.jpg

Source

SLAY

Black folk in pokemon have always been cool

Out of all the nintendo companies when they got on point, they were on point quick

Reminder that the new york region of pokemon is championed by a 10 year old black girl.

Gattsu25

Banned
"Michelle Obama would have had a good speech but she used the word the twice in the same sentence" - this is the level of criticism I'm seeing regarding the best speech of 2016 so far.

Michelle slaying these people. Also, bless the people making the memes thanking her for having the best speech at both the DNC and RNC haha

Slayven

"Michelle Obama would have had a good speech but she used the word the twice in the same sentence" - this is the level of criticism I'm seeing regarding the best speech of 2016 so far.

Michelle slaying these people. Also, bless the people making the memes thanking her for having the best speech at both the DNC and RNC haha
How fire she was , folks are reduced to salt and petty in criticism.

Gattsu25

Banned
Morning, Gordon
How fire she was , folks are reduced to salt and petty in criticism.
It's hilarious.

"I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves" when speaking about the whitehouse is just too fucking real for some people to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom