• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting today you can import some of your Steam games into your GOG library

mantidor

I've also been upgraded to "oops, try again" error.

Set your Steam privacy settings to public otherwise it won't work.

Oh this makes sense, going to try it now.

UPDATE: I made it! 6 games added. My profile was always public for some reason beyond me, so the delay isn't because of that.

Finally imported BIT.TRIP Runner to GOG, now I have one less reason to boot up Steam. :p GOG is my main PC storefront so I haven't had lots of game to transfer.

Kinda bummed that there are no traditional GOG goodies for that game. The lack of goodies is a sad trend with many new GOG titles as of late...

To people who have redeemed Broken Sword: Director's Cut - congratulations, now you have the access to the original version too!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Set your Steam privacy settings to public otherwise it won't work.

Is your profile set to private on Steam?

And how long do I need to keep my profile on Public so it can grab what it needs? I keep my shit to friends only so I don't have Steam inventory scammer invites.

Edit: Literally like 5-10 mins and it shows up. Neat. Had 8 to redeem. Now I can reset it to private. :x

This worked for me just now.

I got 7 games added to my GOG account.

Good on GOG and Steam to provide this, great service to customers.

Lagamorph

So does this remove the games from your Steam library and puts them into your gog.com library instead?
Or do you get them in both locations?

Why wouldn't they allow me to have the Witcher 3 and its DLC? It's their game

First of all, this thing works by phasing through the games, so it may get there later. W3 is a relatively popular game and they probably don't want that contributing to the call limit problems.

Secondly, you should understand that despite being a part of a single company with CDPR, GOG team's decisions are quite independent from whatever CDPR is doing. As seen with Call of Duty on Battle.net.

Lastly, umm, money? It's a promo, but it has a somewhat weird side effect that during the promotional period it encourages to buy the game on Steam. They are not going to do this at the point when W3 just got reheated. Highly possibly later, though.

Connected fine for me and imported 8 games, but oddly left out The Witness. Someone else I know says it's not seeing his FTL or Shadowrun Returns. Hopefully this isn't permanent and a subsequent GOG scan will pick those games up.

dr_rus

Connected fine for me and imported 8 games, but oddly left out The Witness. Someone else I know says it's not seeing his FTL or Shadowrun Returns. Hopefully this isn't permanent and a subsequent GOG scan will pick those games up.

Hit retry. Was similar for me, but eventually it found everything.

I accidentally linked my account while it was private, I've set it to public now but it still won't detect anything. Will it sort itself out?

Harmen

And once again I feel like robbing CDprojekt, haha. Guess I will actually buy something of GOG one of these days.

TSM

Why wouldn't they allow me to have the Witcher 3 and its DLC? It's their game

I think part of the point of it is to force you to log into gog from time to time. Once your account is linked you still have to manually trigger gog to transfer the licenses. So when the next batch of games is available, if you don't log in and hit the transfer button, you can miss your chance.

Well that's a pretty neat feature. Has GoG got around to making cloud saves a thing yet?

Losing my Witcher 3 save sucked, luckily it's a brilliant game, so I'm ok with starting it again on Ultra / 60fps this time, once I finish my new Skylake build.

Just got 7 games added to my account.

Plus I realized that I actually had a bunch of classic games that I want to play in my GOG account.

Sweet.

CTLance

Well that's a pretty neat feature. Has GoG got around to making cloud saves a thing yet?

Losing my Witcher 3 save sucked, luckily it's a brilliant game, so I'm ok with starting it again on Ultra / 60fps this time, once I finish my new Skylake build.
I would like to suggest doing this on your own, it's bloody easy to do.

Get a free account with dropbox or any other cloud storage service, then download gamesave manager over at http://www.gamesave-manager.com/ - configuring it will take maybe a minute after letting it search for saves on your HDD. From then on, your saves will be backed up to the cloud, including versioning, as often as you want. You can schedule backup runs, watch directories for changes, move your steam games around, and a host of other features.

Sure, not every game is supported, but hey, it's free, and extensible, so if you have the time and energy you can add/submit parsers for existing games.

MUnited83

For you.
new games added

Defender's Quest
Door Kickers
Project Zomboid
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Van Helsing: Final Cut
Kona

Sorry if i missed anything.

bndadm

I still haven't been able to get this to work. My profile has been set to public for days.

Me too. I've been checking every day and it's been the "High Traffic. May take several days."

However today now it's "Sorry, we encountered an unexpected error due to high traffic." and the game count is gone, so I sincerely hope I didn't lose my chance to redeem Shadowrun Returns even though I somehow linked my account nearly a week ago though they have not synced up.

I would like to suggest doing this on your own, it's bloody easy to do.

Get a free account with dropbox or any other cloud storage service, then download gamesave manager over at http://www.gamesave-manager.com/ - configuring it will take maybe a minute after letting it search for saves on your HDD. From then on, your saves will be backed up to the cloud, including versioning, as often as you want. You can schedule backup runs, watch directories for changes, move your steam games around, and a host of other features.

Sure, not every game is supported, but hey, it's free, and extensible, so if you have the time and energy you can add/submit parsers for existing games.
Did you just make two words up or am I more tired than I thought?

Damnit, when did this end? Would have gotten most games from that first wave.
All games are on a time limit once they are put up for redemption. You have to redeem them within a certain amount of days. For instance, the first lot were available for redemption for five days.

d00d3n

Does only the profile need to be set to "public"? What about "comment permissions" and "inventory"? Unfortunately, even if I set all three to "public", gog.com doesn't seem to recognize any of my games.

My Steam profile appears to be publicly accessible from the internet.

Have they backtracked on this offer or something? Most of the games that they list as transferable I own on Steam, but I get "no eligible games found" when I press the refresh button on connect.gog.com.

Does only the profile need to be set to "public"? What about "comment permissions" and "inventory"? Unfortunately, even if I set all three to "public", gog.com doesn't seem to recognize any of my games.

My Steam profile appears to be publicly accessible from the internet.

Have they backtracked on this offer or something? Most of the games that they list as transferable I own on Steam, but I get "no eligible games found" when I press the refresh button on connect.gog.com.
Yup same here. I only got FTL to pop up but none of the rest

Zeeman

They've all been time-limited (for some reason). I don't think there are any active ones right now, and there's no indication whether games that have "expired" will become available again.

So is the best way to check is to do this daily? I feel like two sets of games have come and gone and I didn't even realize it. I wish they would send me an email saying I need to go hit that refresh button.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
cool, just added Risk of Rain and Frozen Synapse. (Also Alien Shooter and Zombie Shooter but who cares)

MrFortyFive

Nice to have some new compatible games, but I still don't understand why these transfers are time-limited...

It would certainly be nice if it weren't, but I imagine that it's part of the deal they strike to let any sort of transfer happen at all. Even though I support the "why buy it twice?" idea, it's got to be tough to get publishers to see the value proposition of giving away their games on another platform when a portion of those people might have bought it a second time eventually.

Top Bottom