• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 Art Leak (possible spoilers?)

Kalentan

img_4841.jpg

img_4842.jpg

https://gamingtreehouse.com/2016/06/03/leaked-halo-wars-2-art/

Ark confirmed?

Kalentan

Back on the Ark boys.

Has to be post Halo 3, maybe Halo 5.

Yeah, as others noted. The center of the Ark is broken whereas in 3 it wasn't.

Edit:

Spoilers for Hunters in the Dark.

Actually, I believe the center is the foundry and it looks used up? The UNSC wanted to use it after taking control of it after the book events in 2555... But the Spirit of Fire was still reported MIA in 2558. So this must be post Halo 4 maybe during Halo 5.

Proelite

Bring back armor abilities, equipments, etc. They make sense as auto-cast abilities.

Smaller scale battles with cover mechanics ala Company of Heroes 2 would be awesome.

Kal117K

Neo Member
Yeah it does seem like the Ark. It also shows multiple Spartans, along with Locusts in the Covenant army (my favorite unit haha!). And are those Albatrosses or some sort of Scarab behind the Chieftain?
Either way, I'm definitely excited for the game now!

Kalentan

Yeah it does seem like the Ark. It also shows multiple Spartans, along with Locusts in the Covenant army (my favorite unit haha!). And are those Albatrosses or some sort of Scarab behind the Chieftain?
Either way, I'm definitely excited for the game now!

Looks like a Brute-styled Scarab.

Blues1990

Did 343/Creative Assembly say where this game takes place? 'Cause weren't the Brutes driven to near extinction post-Halo 3?

Kalentan

Did 343/Creative Assembly say where this game takes place? 'Cause weren't the Brutes driven to near extinction post-Halo 3?

They've been really vague, implying it make take place over some time. However this concept art seems to indicate either taking place during or after Halo 5.

The last time we saw the Brutes we know some wanted to ally with the Sangheili (a small sect) but many are still fighting the Sangheili.

Looks good. Is this a RTS, by the way?

Yes.

The Ark :O

Hopefully Gravemind is in this.

Spoilers for Hunters in the dark:

As far as we know, there is no flood on the Ark as of 2555... so it's unlikely.

Kal117K

Neo Member
Looks like a Brute-styled Scarab.
Huh that would make sense, given the Brute's preference to making their own stuff. Theres also looks like a unit in the bottom left in the Covenant army, almost like anti-air.
I can't wait to see this game. I really enjoyed the first one and I can't wait to see the new units.

NeOak

I just wanna know it they will follow the scrapped part where Forge
is alive after blowing up the core

Chittagong

Gold Member
Absolutely amazing art. Gives me Battle Beasts vibes.

Logo typography is shit, hope they fix it before release.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
They've been really vague, implying it make take place over some time. However this concept art seems to indicate either taking place during or after Halo 5.

The last time we saw the Brutes we know some wanted to ally with the Sangheili (a small sect) but many are still fighting the Sangheili.

Yes.

Spoilers for Hunters in the dark:

As far as we know, there is no flood on the Ark as of 2555... so it's unlikely.

Why does the concept art indicate after Halo 5?

I get being after 3.

Kalentan

Why does the concept art indicate after Halo 5?

I get being after 3.

Because the UNSC has had forces on the Ark as of 2555. When they arrived, there was no signs of the Spirit of Fire and the ship and crew is reported still MIA as of 2558, the year Halo 5 takes place.

Halo Escalation Spoilers:

We did see the ship seemingly abandoned, floating towards a planet with it's alarms going off and a single flood spore walking across the cryo chambers.

First Halo related... anything I've been really excited for since probably ODST.

Reach was fine (I was looking forward to it before launch, but prequels in general never excite me much), Halo 4 let me down, and I haven't even gotten around to playing Halo 5 yet.

But just this little piece of art has me pretty excited for Halo Wars 2. I got into Halo Wars pretty late (played the demo a bunch before buying it), and I really enjoyed it. A great streamlined RTS that worked pretty great with a controller.

Bishop89

I swear if this is only 2 races again..... :/

That was a major problem in the first game.

No rts should EVER have only 2 races.

SpartanN92

Banned
What? Hunters in the Dark was great.

List of great Halo books:

Fall of Reach
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Cryptum
Primordium
Silentium

List of good Halo books:
The Flood
Contact Harvest
Cole Protocol
Evolutions
Glasslands

List of okay Halo books:
Thursday War
New Blood
Broken Circle

List of god awful Halo books:
Mortal Dictata
Hunters in the Dark

Haven't read Last Light, Shadow of Intent, or Saints Testimony (yet).
Halo 5 and Halo Escalation really killed my desire to learn more about 343's interpretation of the Halo universe... Which is such a shame because Hunt the Truth is perhaps the best piece of Halo content second only to Nylunds work.

FyreWulff

I swear if this is only 2 races again..... :/

That was a major problem in the first game.

No rts should EVER have only 2 races.

Was fine for C&C. Also Halo Wars technically has six factions between two main "races", since your leader determined your powers.

Bishop89

Command and conquer was and is fantastic and only have 2 factions.
Egg on my face. For some reason I was thinking of generals, and thought that applied to the rest of the franchise.

Even so, I still think only the two factions hindered it a bit. Should have had the flood too

Edit: it just seemed shallow and lacked variety compared to what I'm used to

Kalentan

I'd like Gravemind as a playable leader for multiplayer.

I'd hope what they do for the MP is not doing just factions that appear in the SP but in the whole universe. Like a Swords of Sangheilios faction, modern UNSC faction vs Spirit of Fire's group and so on.

Top Bottom