• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is your favorite "Not Pikachu"

Dedenne! It's adorable! :3
1465004110362-1124857p3rx0.jpg

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
Can I write in togepi? Should I be ashamed for that? It's a simple design (not voltorb simple) but such a damn loveable egg!

PSY・S;205571019 said:
the return of chubbychu, basically

18fptbk7r1r9qpng.png

I laughed way too hard on this picture, it's ridiculously cute. Wish he would have stayed chubby. My favorite is Emolga or Dedenne, rodents are great.

Camjo-Z

I like Dedenne, although I haven't actually used him in-game (no way he's getting the Fairy slot on my team over Klefki or Slurpuff). I have a soft spot for Plusle though, mainly because in Pokemon Colosseum there's this dude who gives you his Plusle, and I don't know how I did it but somehow I leveled it to Level 100 and decimated most of the game with it.

Pau

I like squirrels but don't think Pachirisu is cute at all. :(

Raichu was my favorite Pokémon when I was little.

Dimmle

Marill, probably. It's strange how it was clearly being positioned as "the next Pikachu" in the prerelease marketing and today, well... it's just another Pokemon.

250px-418Buizel.png

I remember him being marketed back in the day as if he was the next big face of pokemon, kinda like Lucario (only Lucario stuck)

Now Buizel is as irrelevant as can be. Pretty sad.

Dimmle

If we're talking about cute Pokemon that didn't get their due outside of the Pikachu-inspired stable, I have to pour one out for Teddiursa.

216.png

Insanely cute and, like a lot of Gen 2 Pokemon, gets overlooked today.

Village

????? ?? ? ?? ??? ?

did this actually happen???

They tried to make buezel cool as shit in the anime, I remember ash had one and its was tyring to be badass.

Its hard to look tough when your competition is lucario, generations 5 and 6 learned this

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Pikachu is cool but Raichu is my all time favourite pokemon. i will forever be disappointed he was overshadowed by Pikachu.

Hugstable

Banned
If we're talking about cute Pokemon that didn't get their due outside of the Pikachu-inspired stable, I have to pour one out for Teddiursa.

216.png

Insanely cute and, like a lot of Gen 2 Pokemon, gets overlooked today.

My favorite Non-chu is Mareep!

z8304gb.png

So cute!

Lol @ the posters vehemently arguing that Marrill isn't a Pikaclone and saying that the only reason why he is considered one is because of the Pikablu rumors.

He was clearly positioned in the marketing material and lead-up as a Pikachu successor.

Oh definitely, was there any other pokemon from gen 2 that was even like Marill in that it was Chu-like? Pichu gets brought up, but I find it hard to count Pichu since it's just a baby pikachu.

Marill will always be my Gen 2 Pikachu!

I'm pretty sure also that it was one of the early gen 2 pokes we saw besides Ho-oh randomly appearing in episode 1 of the anime

Tookay

Lol @ the posters vehemently arguing that Marrill isn't a Pikaclone and saying that the only reason why he is considered one is because of the Pikablu rumors.

He was clearly positioned in the marketing material and lead-up as a Pikachu successor.

GamerJM

Banned

Pikachu successor isn't what the others are though. The others all look like "My OC do not steal," variants based off of Pikachu. Marrill was a distinct Pokemon that was positioned to take the spot of Pikachu for gen 2 before they realized that Pikachu was going to be the mascot of the franchise forever. Those are two different things.

Top Bottom