• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (Gyakuten Saiban 6) Import Thread | , not

GSR

Doesn't every AA game have a case like this?

Yeah, but this one is super-blatant. Case 3 ends on a very emotional note and with all sorts of info about the game's overarching plot and sets things up to boil over... and then we jump back to Japanifornia and take a case that feels like
case 1 of Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney
that has absolutely no connection to anything else in the game.

Doesn't every AA game have a case like this?

Not on the level of this one. Other filler cases always managed to sneak in some type of significant character progression, overarching story points, or at least some kind of "wow" factor. This added literally nothing and had really annoying witnesses and an uninteresting murder.

Finished the first court day of case 5, but I'll have to save the rest for tomorrow.

That should've been case 4. I know it would've been a repeat of AA5 but I'll take anything over case 4's "It wasn't soba dough; it was udon dough! UDON I TELLS YA!!" Great breakdown, I wonder what it looked like to everyone else watching him. And a nice story with the little girl. That was sweet. A little corny, but sweet.

Oh and fuck that goddamn sliding puzzle. Yamazaki, you have some strange fascination with "hand written book pages" as evidence, but you need to have a clear text supplement to go with them dammit. My kanji reading ability is shaky already and making me decipher hand-written gibberish just compounds that. I was stuck on that for almost an hour.

GSR

Not on the level of this one. Other filler cases always managed to sneak in some type of significant character progression, overarching story points, or at least some kind of "wow" factor. This added literally nothing and had really annoying witnesses and an uninteresting murder.

Finished the first court day of case 5, but I'll have to save the rest for tomorrow.

That should've been case 4. I know it would've been a repeat of AA5 but I'll take anything over case 4's "It wasn't soba dough; it was udon dough! UDON I TELLS YA!!" Great breakdown, I wonder what it looked like to everyone else watching him. And a nice story with the little girl. That was sweet. A little corny, but sweet.

Oh and fuck that goddamn sliding puzzle. Yamazaki, you have some strange fascination with "hand written book pages" as evidence, but you need to have a clear text supplement to go with them dammit. My kanji reading ability is shaky already and making me decipher hand-written gibberish just compounds that. I was stuck on that for almost an hour.

We're in basically the exact same place! Agreed on 6-4 doing basically nothing (it felt like 2-1 in some ways) and on (case 5)
the sliding puzzle and the handwriting. That drove me a bit batty for a little while.

I like case 5 so far... but there's also a ton of ridiculous stuff going on (spoilers through the first trial of case 5 and like, the first 10 minutes of the next investigation):

• durk comes to see apollo and he’s such a dad. he’s such a dad. he wants to show trucy kid pictures of apollo oh my god he’s such a dad
  • apollo and friends come to see the professor, hear he’s dead, never once consider foul play despite that happening in almost every single case they take
  • pearl appears for literally one scene and then vanishes so hard they take her profile out of the court record after day 1
  • “for the first time in ace attorney history, a civil trial! just kidding it’s murder”
  • phoenix is fighting in court because maya’s been kidnapped and. he sucks at it. like compared to when he went to bat for engarde this is just sad
  • they basically reused that plot from 2-4 btw
  • “HOW WILL WE GET TO KHURAIN!?” *edgeworth walks around the corner having not previously appeared in this game* “Leave that to me.”
  • we hear how apollo’s dad died when he was a kid. okay, sure. later we meet a witness whose mom died saving them from a fire. we expect apollo to empathize over losing a parent, but that’s not enough for apollo fuckin’ justice, no buddy, he’s gonna explain that actually his dad died saving him from a fire too, which is a fact we do not know until, playing as him, we present a photo of his father
  • everyone: “who could the mastermind behind this kidnapping be?” durk: “it’s inga” everyone including inga: “oh, okay”
  • “let’s go to khurain to save maya! except you trucy”
  • apollo proves someone he’s known since childhood is innocent of murder and the guy does not even appear in the lobby after the trial

Shun

CkzWvB8VEAESTle.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/blog/160613.html

updated their developer's blog for the game.
Yeah, but this one is super-blatant. Case 3 ends on a very emotional note and with all sorts of info about the game's overarching plot and sets things up to boil over... and then we jump back to Japanifornia and take a case that feels like
case 1 of Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney
that has absolutely no connection to anything else in the game.

I'm going into Case 4 and I've just been sort of disappointed with how it is since Yugami and Kokone were the main actors in this one going against Nayuta. I was looking forward to see how it ties up, especially go more into the relationship between the two post Gyakuten Saiban 5.

I don't quite follow the exact tone Capcom is trying to convey in this particular numbered titled, when I compare it to Gyakuten Saiban 5, which is very much so noticeably darker than the rest of the entries, while the rest of the series premise isn't as dark, it usually strikes a good balance of light heartedness and joking at the same time a sense of pressure. I feel like 6 so far is more disconnected than 5 and is less cohesive in how they do the different perspectives and different lawyer aspect. Where as in GyakuSai 6 even though it is enjoyable I feel like things are somewhat forced when comparing to past titles.

Maybe that opinion will change when I get to the 5th case and the DLC one, I heard good things about that on blog comments.

Don't get me wrong I like the game so far and I enjoy the characters and presentation and I actually find Reibai Vision interesting game gimmick in this game. I just don't feel like things have glued together yet. Each of the other numbered titles had a set of developments and tones that it builds off of and it has criticisms of systems set in place, I just don't really get that sense of urgency or sense of "wrong" yet.

Edit: Is it just me or did they fine tune to 3D models in this game to have the characters look more aged and matured, compared to Gyakuten Saiban 5. Naruhodo and Harumi look a little more mature than the previous game.

Mine has arrived - will start playing it on the train going home.

Really looking forward to getting started. Nothing beats those Ace Attorney tunes and jingles in your ears.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I assume that case 4 is really short? Just finished case 3 yesterday - wasn't expecting the length, I think it was as long as cases 1 and 2 together, if not longer.

Just started case 4 and I already don't love the setting, so I hope I finish it fast.

GSR

so I got like 20 minutes into the last trial and (the person who I assume is) the last boss is incredible

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
so I got like 20 minutes into the last trial and (the person who I assume is) the last boss is incredible
I started the last case right before going to bed yesterday, annoyed by the 4th one which I straight up hated. The first few minutes brought a smile to my face. Can't wait to play through it.

durk comes to see apollo and he’s such a dad. he’s such a dad. he wants to show trucy kid pictures of apollo oh my god he’s such a dad

Dude, I was gonna make a joke about "maybe Japan reads TVTropes" when suddenly, we find out...
Durk has Anime-itus! Is no role model / parental figure safe from your plot convenient claws!? Ooooh I hate you I hate you I hate you!

“HOW WILL WE GET TO KHURAIN!?” *edgeworth walks around the corner having not previously appeared in this game* “Leave that to me.”

"Oh wow! Thanks!
Alright, into the sewer with you. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!
"

we hear how apollo’s dad died when he was a kid. okay, sure. later we meet a witness whose mom died saving them from a fire. we expect apollo to empathize over losing a parent, but that’s not enough for apollo fuckin’ justice, no buddy, he’s gonna explain that actually his dad died saving him from a fire too, which is a fact we do not know until, playing as him, we present a photo of his father

Oh thank god it wasn't just me. I was like "Wait, when did that happen??"

Doing last trial tonight since that investigation took so long.
"We need to talk to Garan about her Amala conspiracy." WHAT!? Are you insane Phoenix!? I hope this case doesn't cause a divide when it hits America but we'll probably be alright since it's been so long since Case 3-5 that we've had a murder based on spirit channeling. Because this case REEKS of Spirit Channeling shenanigans.

I did peek a bit at how the start of the trial plays out until the first thing you need to do and...that was a thing. You can't say that wasn't a thing,
Medusa!?

post more impressions people.

how does it end?

Haven't beaten it yet but I feel this is Justice For All tier where most of the game is bland / bad except for a few spots where it gets absolutely incredible. Case 3 has been the highlight for me and Case 5 isn't bad so far but it doesn't seem like anything really special. In other games, the final case would diverge from the status quo which would give them a sense of tension, uncertainty, and unpredictability. This case, despite the flare pushed at the start, devolved back to the standard formula real quick.

But who knows what'll happen during the trial that may change that.

Cases 1 and 2 would've been better if they didn't drag their feet so damn much and Case 4 was beyond pointless. Pacing is a serious problem in this entry.

The Séance Testimonies have been woefully underutilized considering how much potential they have and how enjoyable they are to pick apart. They require an almost entirely different mindset to solve and need you to really immerse yourself in the setting and time frame of the vision to catch what is strange about it.

Shouta

I finished case 2, really enjoyed it. The only part that felt sort of long was the investigation sequence but the trial went by pretty quick which counterbalanced it. I also liked the mystery behind it and the solution. If there was one issue I had with it, it's from an overall story standpoint. I feel like this could have been more meaningful if it was a part of a bigger storyline for those characters.

Anyway, of the Phoenix games, I think I like this case 2 the most overall which isn't hard to do because most Case 2s are pretty bad.

GSR

Well, I finished.

...I'm gonna need a while to process this. In the meantime if you've got specific questions, ask away, I guess

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well, I finished.

...I'm gonna need a while to process this. In the meantime if you've got specific questions, ask away, I guess
Does Apollo get any of the good cases?

Haven't beaten it yet but I feel this is Justice For All tier where most of the game is bland / bad except for a few spots where it gets absolutely incredible. Case 3 has been the highlight for me and Case 5 isn't bad so far but it doesn't seem like anything really special. In other games, the final case would diverge from the status quo which would give them a sense of tension, uncertainty, and unpredictability. This case, despite the flare pushed at the start, devolved back to the standard formula real quick.

But who knows what'll happen during the trial that may change that.

Cases 1 and 2 would've been better if they didn't drag their feet so damn much and Case 4 was beyond pointless. Pacing is a serious problem in this entry.

The Séance Testimonies have been woefully underutilized considering how much potential they have and how enjoyable they are to pick apart. They require an almost entirely different mindset to solve and need you to really immerse yourself in the setting and time frame of the vision to catch what is strange about it.
Hm. Thanks for all the detailed thoughts. Very much appreciated. JFA's pacing almost put me off finishing it, so that comparison worries me a bit.

Let us know what you think of it once you finish!
Well, I finished.

Once you've processed, let us know where you'd stick it in the franchise ranks!

MegaMelon

Well, I finished.

Without any spoilers, does anything happen in the game which has a big impact on phoenix/maya/apollo/etc? By this I mean big enough that it changes their personalities ala apollo justice Nick or has long reaching implications that look like they'll carry over to the next games rather than remain as "oh that thing that happened in the past"?

GSR

Is it better or worse than Dual Destinies?

Better, but it's also a complete mess, if that makes any sense.

Does Apollo get any of the good cases?

Yes, though of course that's a matter of opinion.

Without any spoilers, does anything happen in the game which has a big impact on phoenix/maya/apollo/etc? By this I mean big enough that it changes their personalities ala apollo justice Nick or has long reaching implications that look like they'll carry over to the next games rather than remain as "oh that thing that happened in the past"?

Yes, this game should have impact on later ones assuming they don't just throw everything back to status quo for the sake of status quo or reboot things.

Anyway, of the Phoenix games, I think I like this case 2 the most overall which isn't hard to do because most Case 2s are pretty bad.

Trials & Tribulations Case 2 is amazing and has one of my favorite villains (that is not the "big bad" of the game).

Well, I finished.

Is Gumshoe in any form in the game? (I guess spoiler tag for people lurking here)

takoyaki

Well, I finished.

How long did it take you to finish the game?
Did one of the cases drag on for no good reason?
Does the Jury System from Dai Gyakuten Saiban or a variation thereof return in the Kingdom of Kurain?

Early posts were having me thinking I'd give this a pass, but it's looking like I'll be picking it up at some point. There's some sort of early adopter DLC, is that right? Anything worth worrying about or am I good to pick it up for 3500 yen in a few months?

I think I know what you're talking about. I caught on before the trial, but it's admittedly a damn good twist.

*DO NOT QUOTE ME OR YOU WILL SEE MASSIVE END GAME SPOILERS*

I was thinking that the twist was gonna be
Inga was dead the entire game and the sisters Garan and Amala were swapping places to keep up the act. I'm glad I was sorta right on that, but I'm shocked Rayfa didn't notice dad suddenly having flowing, silver hair. Amala being Rayfa's mom and hiding as the servant could not have been projected any harder. "They sound like mother and child" T-thank you Phoenix.... The Durk twist got me real good though. I feel pretty dumb about the anime-itus comments now, XD! "Hirefuse!!" is one of the coolest shouts. Tons of energy behind it.

So Apollo is out of the picture now... I'm just laughing at that. Not even hiding that they don't want to deal with him. Amazing. I really did not like that Apollo was the one that helped Rayfa finish her character arc considering she spent the entire game with Phoenix. It wasn't very interesting but it was his story and he didn't even get to finish it.

I thought the credits was funny how they seemed to go down a checklist of things people have been wanting to see.
-Apollo is the head of his own law firm!
-Maya is formally recognized as the new head of the village!
-Lamiroir will finally tell Apollo and Trucy about her! Maybe!

So case 5 is done. Really good case with a lot of twists and tense moments. Pretty close to the twist levels of AAI2's and AA5's big ones. It's also very long, but the good kind of long where it's building on itself into something bigger. It didn't really take off though until after the first court day because of....stuff. First day investigation and trial are also good but everything after that is the real meat of the episode.

Overall I stand by my claim that this is Justice For All-like, as in there are some unpleasant cases to get through but when you do, the payoff is totally worth it. This game's focus jumps all over the place and pacing is a serious problem, but when it hits its stride goddamn does it take off! Cases 1 and 2 would've been better if they cut out some of the dialogue drivel and unnecessary subplots, and Case 4 should've been straight up cut. It's mercifully short, but it's still terrible and mucks up the mood and tension you just came off of from Case 3.

Case 3 is still the high point for me because I'm a sucker for emotional stuff but Case 5 has so many twists and building action that it's hard to put down. I think this game is definitely worth the money for those two cases.

Is it better than AA5? Hmm... This is fresh off of beating AA6 so I want to say it's better than 5, but not by a large margin. This doesn't hold your hand as much as AA5 but it telegraphs twists a lot earlier, but that is a subjective experience. You can do more exploration than you could in AA5. While AA5 ran the concept of "Dark Age of the Law" into the ground, it was consistent with its story focus. AA6 has a much more interesting premise with better villains and when it gives that premise time to grow it does some damn good work, but the bouncing focal points and superfluous cases hurt the flow.

The Séance Trials are a lot of fun but again, underutilized and the potential they offer is grazed and never fully realized which is a shame. The one in Case 3 made the best use of it, IMO.

I think it's a good game, but it's very rough. Not as bad as JFA but it is similar that it takes a while to get to genuinely good experiences. Case 1 has obnoxious writing but a fantastic killer while Case 2 has better concepts but suffers from bloat and drags its feet. But if you can muscle through them I think it's worth it. They're not terrible cases honestly, but they needed some more editing to keep them focused and efficient.

How long did it take you to finish the game?
Did one of the cases drag on for no good reason?
Does the Jury System from Dai Gyakuten Saiban or a variation thereof return in the Kingdom of Kurain?

-Took me 38 hours. *sheds tear* Then again that includes time I had it sitting while I looked up the occasional kanji I didn't know. I think 30 hours is a safe bet.
-Oooooh yeah.
-No jury or multiple witnesses. Just the séance testimonies.

Anything insanely annoying to localize like the urn in JFA?

Case 4 is going to be a nightmare. All about noodles, noodle puns, and some double entendres.

takoyaki

-Took me 38 hours. *sheds tear* Then again that includes time I had it sitting while I looked up the occasional kanji I didn't know. I think 30 hours is a safe bet.
-Oooooh yeah.
-No jury or multiple witnesses. Just the séance testimonies.

thanks for the answers Magnet_Man, appreciate it.

So now that I'm actually awake...

I'm driving to work this morning and I just start to laugh and laugh. This game is a riot when you think about it at not 2 AM.

So Amala, your sister tried to burn you alive, framed your husband, and used it as an excuse to create the "defense crime" which could do nothing EXCEPT ruin people's lives...why did you help her again?
"Because Amala is so nice and loves her sister"
O-okay.

Garan, if the ability to perform spirit channeling was required for the throne, what the crapping crap were you going to do if Amala did die in the fire?
If the only way to tell the difference between you two sisters was a scar on Amala's chest, shouldn't you have dressed a teeny bit more modestly? I mean, you're certainly chiseled and "you go girl!" and all that, but you're trying to run a national conspiracy here. Priorities, plz.
Why did you create the "Defense Crime" or whatever law? You already had absolute control over the people, so why create a law that would only compel people to rebel against you?
"Dork", you had the advantage of Inga not knowing you're there with Phoenix and you know for a fact that he doesn't have Maya hostage since she's wearing you right now: why did you reveal yourself to him and give away your best card?
For that matter, how could Inga try to threaten Phoenix with a hostage when, if Maya was freed (which he should have thought she was when Durk broke into the tomb and didn't die when Inga ran away) her first action would logically be to get in contact with Phoenix or escape the country? What was he going to do if Phoenix actually showed up at the hostage exchange?
So Inga can't recognize faces? What a random and convenient issue. Methinks someone at Capcom is replaying
999 as well.
Speaking of silver hair dads, why wasn't Durk's hair silver after Amala started channeling him? A wig? But she would've needed to put one in Inga's clothes so he would bring it to the tomb. Good thing he didn't check his pockets I guess. Wouldn't the police have noticed that when they arrested Durk?
For someone with as much influence and manpower at her disposal, couldn't Garan have picked a slightly less convoluted way to kill Inga? Especially since she knew Durk was dead as part of her plan, what was the need to frame him? If she needed the treasure, just say "Durk, come to the tower alone with the treasure" then when he shows up, zap him with the red kryptonite. Problem solved?
Why kill Apollo's dad? Was that really needed? If Garan's going through the trouble to hand-murder people and let the fire destroy evidence, why not just bash Amala over the head and let the fire destroy the body?

Apollo: "I have to go now, my Khura'hn needs me"

If I took post-Takumi Ace Attorney more seriously I'd be way more angry but just how transparent this new team is with how poorly they can write characters, I'm finding this game's ending strangely vindicating. Like the entire sequence was the team announcing "We can't write characters, so we're getting rid of Phoenix #2. You win." Soon as Maya starts becoming a regular again, Trucy's gonna go to Europe or something on "Magic Tour" and I bet Athena will be there to help her out.

I don't know, it got so silly and nonsensical I can't help but enjoy it. Almost like Deadly Premonition or something. I enjoyed the spectacle and silliness of the game and I don't hate it by any means, but I hope it does well solely so we get one or two more Dai Gyakuten Saibans before Ace Attorney finally dies out, because I know playing the nostalgia card can only work for so long. I'm getting so many flashbacks to shitshow that was going on behind the Mega Man X series with Inafune and Capcom.
Give me good news, TGS 2016!

...please...

The English release is gonna be fun~!

GSR

So now that I'm actually awake...

Endgame spoilers:
I think Garan never intended to kill Amara in the fire - she was always going to kidnap her and frame Durk so she could get the throne without spirit channeling power.

What I want to know is: why did she wait 23 years to get the treasure!? Sure, Inga was planning a coup there, but why didn't she just get it out of the way?

Anyway I'm still figuring out an actual detailed response to this game but I think the best I can manage at the moment is: I think this game is badly plotted and written but it still has moments of occasional brilliance and often gets so ridiculous it's entertaining in spite of itself.

Some other random thoughts:

• My first and foremost thought walking away is that this game is an absolute mess from a plotting perspective. Cases are strangely paced, characters have connections that don't make any real sense, the final case is totally overstuffed, character histories are retconned...
  • Despite (or maybe precisely because of) the above, it winds up being more entertaining than it has any right to at times. The ending of this game is, I think, objectively absurd, but I also had a pretty big grin on my face during the final objection.
  • Beyond the plotting, the line-to-line writing still has issues, especially early on. Characters still repeat concepts ad infinitum, the game still holds your hand too much at times, some characters still lean on particular traits too much, etc.
  • I do think characters were handled much better than AA6 when divorced from the mess that is the actual plot. Nobody got on my nerves like AA5's one-noters did (give or take a witness), and the main characters (give or take Athena) felt like they had plenty to contribute.
  • Returning characters were also better handled than AA5. I will warn folks straight-up that Maya is not in the game as much as you would expect given the marketing. But she, Ema, and Blackquill are all given roles that make sense. Edgeworth and another character in the last case, not so much, but then again that was inevitable given how much was going on.
  • The music was decent. There's a few tracks I really quite like, such as Allegro, Rayfa's theme, and the Objection! themes, but others are much more forgettable (the non-main character leitmotifs in particular.)
  • The graphics and animations are a big step up from AA5, but they also don't seem targeted for the O3DS, and maybe not even the N3DS. There's a lot of fancy 3D cutscenes and animation that get pretty darn framey, and it's really noticeable when the credits run and the background video is showing a lot of them again at 30 frames per second.
  • The game seemed slightly harder than AA5, but that's not a high bar to clear.
  • Divination Seances are great! I was surprised at how fun they were to solve and what a nice change of pace from standard testimony they proved to be. But like Joint Reasoning in DGS, they're a bit too few and far apart.
  • Ultimately the thing about this game is: I can't talk about this game well without talking about a lot of the later plot developments/spoilers. This game is, I think, a total mess, but it's at least a very entertaining one at times with occasional legitimately good twists (including one in case 5 that, though I guessed early, was still really darn good.) This is probably going to be the most divisive Ace Attorney game we've had.

Shouta

Case 3 was fantastic. Easily one of the better ones in the series, I think. It just hits all the right notes for the most part.

Now I'm starting case 4 and wtf, this really is *insert case here* lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished the game yesterday.

In the end, my post 1-3 AA ranking is as follows:
1. Dai
2. 5
3. 6
4. 4

Last case was cool but I expected something better. Maybe the problem was the "stakes everywhere" thing that someone mentioned earlier in this thread.
Pacing of the game was all over the place (that first half of case 3, uh), case 4 was a total waste of time. Dialogues and animations felt bloated, which might have been one of the overall bad pacing.
I didn't enjoy 2 new important characters - tsundere princess and the prosecutor were huge misses for me.
I might be in the minority, but I didn't enjoy Divination Seances at all, same with the "mystical country" setting. I guess I like my AA the most when it's more "realistic" (in quotes, because it never really is).

But it wasn't all bad! Parts of the game where the pacing picked up were exciting, when jokes hit, they were very funny. Also some character themes were VERY good.

All in all, a decent game, but far from my favorite AA.

Endgame spoilers

Hmm. I could've sworn they mentioned it after the trial or during one of the recesses when talking about (Case 5, last trial spoilers)
Amala's kind, sisterly personality being the reason she worked with Garan that much. I'm positive it was during a scene in the lobby of the last trial but it's hard to find where that happened using one of the 34(!) chapter points at the title screen. I was due to misread something and it was getting late.

Link1110

Question, when you got to case 4, you said it had nothing to do with the rest of the story and now Shouta is saying the same thing. Do they connect it in case 5?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Question, when you got to case 4, you said it had nothing to do with the rest of the story and now Shouta is saying the same thing. Do they connect it in case 5?
No, unless I missed a throwaway line or something.

Endgame spoilers:
What I want to know is: why did she wait 23 years to get the treasure!? Sure, Inga was planning a coup there, but why didn't she just get it out of the way?

I just remembered something!

Because Garan didn't know how to get the Founder's face to appear in the treasure. It wasn't until they found the archeologist guy in Kurain Village that they lifted the treasure from the shrine and tried to get him to solve the riddle. Once he gave Kiyoki word about his findings, that became a new card in the power struggle between Inga and Garan, prompting Garan to finally kill him while using his death to lure Durk to bring the treasure.

ZeroX03

Banned
My first and foremost thought walking away is that this game is an absolute mess from a plotting perspective. Cases are strangely paced, characters have connections that don't make any real sense, the final case is totally overstuffed, character histories are retconned.

This is how I felt about AA5, and it seems they're continuing along those lines. It won't ruin it for me, but that was my least favorite game in the series for those reasons (still like an 8/10 experience).

I'm not going to stick around this thread long because black bars are everywhere, but is there actually five cases this time and not a clearly split case like in AA5?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think my issue with AA5 was that it was very... Thematically wacky (weird outfits, personalities kinda don't make sense anymore) and cringeworthy. It felt like a lot of scenes were extremely cringeworthy like
when the student friends hugged and stuff in the court anime cutscene

Is AA6 as "strange" as AA5?

This is how I felt about AA5, and it seems they're continuing along those lines. It won't ruin it for me, but that was my least favorite game in the series for those reasons (still like an 8/10 experience).

I'm not going to stick around this thread long because black bars are everywhere, but is there actually five cases this time and not a clearly split case like in AA5?

There are five cases and they are all different incidents.

Link1110

I'll go back to AA5 after I finish 6, but AAI2's last two cases were basically one big case, separated by an elevator ride but they still felt distinct. Is AA5 like that, or just stupid like there should've just been a save point there?

GSR

I'll go back to AA5 after I finish 6, but AAI2's last two cases were basically one big case, separated by an elevator ride but they still felt distinct. Is AA5 like that, or just stupid like there should've just been a save point there?

AA5 feels like there should have been a save point. There's another incident introduced in addition to the one in case 4 but the one in case 4 doesn't get resolved until the end of 5.

Link1110

Started case 3, and about the localization...

OK, so in Pokemon: The Movie 2000, they chanegd the prophecy to include Ash's name which changed him from a traveller who was there and saved the world to someone specifically named in the prophecy.

Now in case 3, you have the
bird princess who is fighting the revolution and destined to save Kurain from them. Now, what are the chances that Capcom is gonna do the same thing Nintendo did and change the bird princess to be a Phoenix so they can say that Phoenix is the reincarnation of the bird princess or something. It's a stretch, but I've seen dumber things in localizations.

A mess, huh?

I really liked DGS TBH, my only issue was that the way it ended pissed me off for some reason I can't clearly remember. I was hoping 6's ending would satisfy me. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
A mess, huh?

I really liked DGS TBH, my only issue was that the way it ended pissed me off for some reason I can't clearly remember. I was hoping 6's ending would satisfy me. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.
DGS, while really good, felt like a first half of the game. AA6 has an ending which ties up all (well, most) loose ends.

Kanhir

I got this from the eShop day one, but I had a challenge for myself to play through all of the GS games (so, GS1-4, GK1-2, PLvGS, GS5, DGS) first, then do GS6.

I've been stuck plodding through the miserably slow GS1 case 5 for days now. It's really weakening my resolve.

Top Bottom