• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 box art and details

Conduit

Banned
So, release date on the same day as Gran Turismo Sport. So, i presume that Sony won't have marketing on this one.

Kinyou

Looks like the dude with the needle jacket is wearing his mask permanently, and if I'm not completely mistaken he even has LED "eyes" to emote.

DIyYTpZ.jpg

Note how his eyes are Xs in the other screen

giphy.gif

That said...I kinda want to play it still. I wonder if Aiden Pierce is gone, the boss, the big bad, etc.

He's gonna be one of those three options.

I'm leaning towards the Boss.

Jeffrey

I'm curious if the Maker community is thrilled that a game that acknowledges them... is all about 3d printing weapons to kill people.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm glad they moved on from their last protagonist as he was extremely unlikeable. Although the graphics look closer to retail watch dogs that e3 reveal watch dogs, I'm hoping that the effort was put into improving the faults of the first. Don't lie about your graphical fidelity and combined with positive reviews that state the failures of the first game were improved on and I'll jump on board a few weeks later.

Mory Dunz

Some of you are pretty hung up about the way Marcus looks, so it might be worth noting that you can change the way he dresses. Some of you might prefer a more toned down look, so...

Here's another outfit from the game:
ld8ZIRj.jpg

EDIT: Honestly, this look is really boring. I much prefer the clothes they've shown him off in.

Why is default spelled wrong?

or am I missing something

giphy.gif

That said...I kinda want to play it still. I wonder if Aiden Pierce is gone, the boss, the big bad, etc.

He's gonna be one of those three options.

I'm leaning towards the Boss.
He's gonna be a legendary Solid Snake myth or something. You and your gang either break out some high value prisoner and learn it's Aiden or you get saved by him. "You're the Watch Dog of Chicago, man! We look up to you. You're the reason we got into this!"

"I'm not a hero...etc. etc."

Characters look like they were designed by old ass people who think this is what "cool" is. I expected better from the leaked pic. Those 2009 orange high tops... lol
I'm just mad because they got so close to the classic "dressed by the internet" style and messed it up with the sleeves, sneaker color and tacky jeans.

all much better imo

hacker girl's mismatched stockings, graphic sweatshirt and whatever the guy on the far left is are the worst offenders by far
Pretty much this.

Best thing about this game is you can customize the character's outfit. So I'm sure there's a store that sells gaming graphic tees, new balances, and blue jeans.
hahahahahaha daaaaaaaaamn

Kinyou

He's gonna be a legendary Solid Snake myth or something. You and your gang either break out some high value prisoner and learn it's Aiden or you get saved by him. "You're the Watch Dog of Chicago, man! We look up to you. You're the reason we got into this!"

"I'm not a hero...etc. etc."
Considering that he is wearing Aiden's symbol on his mask I wouldn't be surprised if there is some idolizing going on.

Could of course also mean nothing and Ubisoft just thinks it's nice branding.
Didnt people like Sunset Overdrive? this kinda has the same vibe
Sunset overdrive sure catched a lot of flak. That Steve Buscemi "How do you do fellow kids" gif was almost in every thread.

Davide

Looks like the dude with the needle jacket is wearing his mask permanently, and if I'm not completely mistaken he even has LED "eyes" to emote.

DIyYTpZ.jpg

Oh God

This is making me nostalgic for Watch Dogs 1.

njr

I got a "How do you do fellow kids?" vibe from that lol. I can see them include an "iconic" scarf with preorders or something.

Defalt was the name of a hacker in the first game. This costume is themed after him.
Yeah the hacker who hacks a sign to say "U MAD BRO" while you're chasing him. Awful. All the talk of memes in the dev diary makes me think we'll get more of that kind of shit.

RedAssedApe

Banned
He's so bland and boring. His motivation was wack and stupid and his voice sounded like he was auditioning for the part of a low budget batman movie. This is coming from someone who loved watchdogs lol

guess it didn't bother me as much. i didn't find him any worse than the annoying protagonists in your average gta game

ryseing

I hated Aiden but at least he was an adult, not a faux hipster designed by a marketing team for the kids.

Just seems so try hard.

I certainly hope they pull the tone off.

KiraXD

DIyYTpZ.jpg

man... i REALLY want to play as that guy... im a sucker for the punk look mixed with the techy mask thing...

Kevin Atomic

Neo Member
It looks nice visually, the first one was fun to a point. I feel like I might like this, I'd certainly like to give it a try.

But the super "2 edgy 4 me" millennial vibe from ads makes me not want to ever bother with it. But guess that just means I'm not in their target market, not that the game would be bad.

Ryuuga

Banned
Some honestly impressive stuff on display here. I never would have imagined I could be any more disinterested in the franchise.

RedAssedApe

Banned
if the game has a sense of humor i think it'll be fine. but if it tries to be ultra serious like watch dogs...maybe not so much

Every page has at least one mention of the word douche, cringe, or edge. I'm not sure where the vitriol is coming from, if not the youth culture angle which I think is fine. Get on with it already.

I think Ubi's more sure of what they want to do with WD this time than with WD1. The hacking seems more hands on. Parkour looks like it has more presence. They seems to have expanded non-lethal methods of dealing with enemies and even avoiding combat altogether. The main character's backstory seems to tie in with what is going to be happening. You're getting more customization, more so than changing the color of the trench coat and cap in WD1. This is in comparison to the clusterfuck of wasted opportunities and bland aspects in WD1. It's clearly a step in the right direction.

Top Bottom