• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR European release date confirmed (13th October)

gw4YY4E.jpg

Finally some confirmation on this. For some reason, Andrew House only mentioned the US when talking about the release date.

€399
£349

Games are up on psn to pre-order with that release date. 12 th October.

Rigs £54.99
PS VR Worlds £34.99
Tumble VR £7.99
Until Dawn Rush of Blood £15.99

dyergram

Anybody else get this email from Amazon uk:
We're writing about the order you placed on March 16 2016 (Order# Xxxxxxx). We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch.

"Sony PlayStation VR"

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I preordered about one minute after they went on sale so I'll be a bit pissed if I miss out on day 1.

We're writing about the order you placed on March 16 2016 (Order# Xxxxxxx). We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch.

"Sony PlayStation VR"

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I preordered about one minute after they went on sale so I'll be a bit pissed if I miss out on day 1.

You receive these automatically every three months as long as they are not able to provide a shipping date. Nothing specific on your order.

Elaniel

Neo Member

"Sony PlayStation VR"

Got the same email this morning.

Pachimari

I still think the €400 price is way too high to justify buying it, since there aren't that many full-fleshed games for the format, at least for me. There's Gran Turismo Sport, Rigs, Ace Combat 7, Summer Lesson and Resident Evil VII and that's it.

All of those Until Dawn, Star Wars Battlefront, Tekken 7 things are mere "tech demos" to me.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
The actual price is going to be 499 euros right? Because you need the VR camera and PS Move-controllers?

quick question about vr, now its off topic a little.

is vr also 3d, by that im asking is it 3d in the same way as the 3ds provides stereoscopic 3d imaging

SMG

The actual price is going to be 499 euros right? Because you need the VR camera and PS Move-controllers?
Need the camera, some games will work with the base controller. At one point there was a full bundle but it's gone now.

is vr also 3d, by that im asking is it 3d in the same way as the 3ds provides stereoscopic 3d imaging

No the screen doesnt work that way and is actually impossible. However, since the VR is right to your eyes, each eye receives a slightly different image, giving you the illusion to be in the 3d world. So its actually way more immersive then the 3ds screen

Was all this information about pricing and availability not announced when PSVR was launched at the Sony event?

Did Sony simply confirm the actual date whereas before it was simply October?

Is there a guide / compilation which games need a move controller and which don't?

I don't think that any games need the move motion controller; I think Sony has mandated that every PS VR game must be playable using the DS4.

However, some PS VR games will benefit a lot from the motion controller (Tumble VR, London Heist, etc.). I don't know of any list which shows move compatibility, sorry.

Was all this information about pricing and availability not announced when PSVR was launched at the Sony event?

Did Sony simply confirm the actual date whereas before it was simply October?

Yes. It was confirmed as 13th October. Before we just had the month.

I'm worried because my Amazon UK pre-order (that I got in at 10:56, just before the official start time at 11:00) was showing as 3rd October, but now has no date at all.

pbsapeer

Banned
Yes. It was confirmed as 13th October. Before we just had the month.

I'm worried because my Amazon UK pre-order (that I got in at 10:56, just before the official start time at 11:00) was showing as 3rd October, but now has no date at all.
Yeah can't remember the exact time I preordered but my email says 11:00 am. Not sure I'll get day 1 allocation and I'll be pretty gutted tbh if I don't

seb

Banned

"Sony PlayStation VR"

I got this one on the same day as the Sony conference:
Bonjour,

Nous avons reçu de nouvelles informations concernant la date de parution pour cette commande. Nous sommes donc heureux de vous informer que le ou les articles suivants seront expédiés plus tôt que ce qui était prévu.

"PlayStation VR"
Date d'arrivée précédemment estimée : 31 octobre 2016
Nouvelle date d'arrivée prévue : 13 octobre 2016

Vous trouverez toutes les informations relatives à cette commande en vous rendant sur Votre Compte à l'adresse suivante : http://www.amazon.fr/votre-compte, ou en cliquant sur le lien du même nom en haut à droite de toutes les pages de notre site.

Si vous avez des questions supplémentaires au sujet de votre commande, vous pouvez nous contacter depuis nos pages d’Aide :

http://www.amazon.fr/contactez-nous

Cordialement,
Le Service Client
https://www.amazon.fr/?tag=

Basically, reitering that i would get it day one, and that that day is actually sooner than expected :)

I got this one on the same day as the Sony conference:

Basically, reitering that i would get it day one, and that that day is actually sooner than expected :)

Hmm didn't get anything from amazon.fr and .de yet...ordered the second it was up.

Yeah can't remember the exact time I preordered but my email says 11:00 am. Not sure I'll get day 1 allocation and I'll be pretty gutted tbh if I don't

I was constantly refreshing the Amazon app before the 11:00 pre-order and hit the order button as soon as they went live. Couldn't have been more than 30 seconds after they started accepting orders. I will be massively gutted if I've missed out on day 1, but if I have then the demand must be huge.

A couple of random thoughts:
I've pre-ordered Rigs from Amazon, which shows a delivery date of the 13th October, but I'm starting to wonder whether I should go all-digital for PS VR games. Does the convenience of being able to go from one game to another without having to remove the headset and swap discs outweigh the extra cost of digital?

Also, Sony have mandated that all games launching from October onwards must include a Neo mode. Since the PS VR date is mid-October that means that all PS VR games will include a Neo mode. Wonder if we'll see the new PS4 launch before, alongside or after PS VR? Can't be that long after if devs have to support it from launch...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Games are up on psn to pre-order with that release date. 12 th October.

Rigs £54.99
PS VR Worlds £34.99
Tumble VR £7.99
Until Dawn Rush of Blood £15.99

Hope that frankly insane price for rigs confirms it'll be a pack-in freebie. Artificially high prix to increase perceived value?

I will buy two copies of tumble because £7.99 isn't enough money to give the devs. Or I might just post a tenner through their door.

Also, Sony have mandated that all games launching from October onwards must include a Neo mode. Since the PS VR date is mid-October that means that all PS VR games will include a Neo mode. Wonder if we'll see the new PS4 launch before, alongside or after PS VR? Can't be that long after if devs have to support it from launch...
Well I guess it's either they make it for the holiday season this year or Q1 next year. I'd prefer the holidays but that might be a hard pill to swallow for some, having to choose between the Neo or PSVR because they can't afford that kind of outlay so close together.

madmackem

Hope that frankly insane price for rigs confirms it'll be a pack-in freebie. Artificially high prix to increase perceived value?

I will buy two copies of tumble because £7.99 isn't enough money to give the devs. Or I might just post a tenner through their door.
Remember this is digital, it's strange they are charging more for rigs than other first party titles though they normally are a fiver cheaper than that.

Does anyone have a delivery date from Amazon UK for the standalone headset? Are we all in the same "delivery date pending" situation?

Panic is setting in...

I got my order from amazon.es (I'm in the uk, and it says it will be delivered between 16-18th)

Does anybody know if we will be able to try it on retail at some point before launch day?

oti

Banned
I've got a preorder but I'm not sure if I want to keep it. I would never play Resident Evil (or any other horror game) with that thing and who knows how good RIGS ends up being. Cinema mode also sounds like a good idea on paper, but only on paper.

JP

Does anyone have a delivery date from Amazon UK for the standalone headset? Are we all in the same "delivery date pending" situation?

Panic is setting in...
I don't think so.

It sounds like they're being cautious at the moment, they may have a ball park figure as to how many they'll be receiving but I can't imagine that they'll have any more than that. Confirming to people that they are going to get one at launch now and then having to tell them later that they got it wrong is not the best way to deal with this.

I know that other places may be telling people that they have one guaranteed for launch , I just hope that doesn't turn out badly for their customers. :(

Of course! That's a huge part of what makes VR so incredible :D

Everything looks as "big" as it does in the real world because the stereoscopic image provides true depth that really does feel like real life.

Everything is the proper scale that it would be in the real world so if you play a game with a giant dinosaur, it will appear to be exactly as large as a real dinosaur would be.

I have a Vive and can't play anything where monsters/people get too close to me because the sense of something invading your personal space is just as uncomfortable as it is in real life, but in these cases you may feel like there's a zombie or some other type of monster right in your face :p

No the screen doesnt work that way and is actually impossible. However, since the VR is right to your eyes, each eye receives a slightly different image, giving you the illusion to be in the 3d world. So its actually way more immersive then the 3ds screen

I assume you're trying to say that the 3d effect of VR works on a different principle than the 3d effect used in the 3ds?

Otherwise if you're trying to say that there is no 3d effect at all in VR or that it is an "approximation" of 3d that's close but not exact then that simply isn't true.

Top Bottom