• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best single cookie reccomendations (no boxed kind)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdog987

Friend and I had this debate earlier

Wante to know what Gaf thought

Friends likes this one from subway...

What single Cookie do you like?

CommericalCookiesProductsThumbBig.jpg

Maple Cookies are pretty delicious.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like the Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies from the places in the mall especially if you get them out of the oven.

Great American Cookie is good too but I think they're the lesser of the two out of the great mall cookie debate.

Mikef2000

The correct answer is any of these from Levain Bakery in New York. (my favorite is the dark chocolate chocolate chip).

levain-bakery.jpg

Best cookie Ever.

norm9

Friend and I had this debate earlier

Wante to know what Gaf thought

Friends likes this one from subway...

What single Cookie do you like?

What do you have against the boxed kind?

Chewy Chips Ahoy, Pepperidge Farms Milano, Girl Scout Thin Mints, brah.

Edwins

Oreos come in a plastic tray in a sleeve. I'm told they're milk's favorite cookie. The real question is how do you feel about milk? Do you trust milk to give you cookie recommendations?

If we're talking franchise cookies, Safeway has some fresh-baked cookies that are consistently moist, chewy, and just fucking delicious. This is an image of a sugar cookie/M&M variant, but their basic chocolate chip is excellent.
LO6ld9e.jpg

The correct answer is any of these from Levain Bakery in New York. (my favorite is the dark chocolate chocolate chip).

levain-bakery.jpg

Best cookie Ever.
This is a great pick, but have you been to City Cakes in Chelsea? Better than Levain in my opinion, and I know how blasphemous that must sound.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I dont know man. Like, a snickerdoodle is good but so is peanutbutter and oatmeal ohhh outmeal is soo good. ummm raisins are good and most of the time better than chocolate chips. usa cookie tech tends to go way overboard of chocolate chips, they do chunks and fudge now too and not even instead, WITH. ugh. cool it. I like a few.. like 1.25 max per bite in my chocolate chip cookies. dont get me started on brownies.

noodle co cookies are on point btw.

There's a cookie store I visit every so often with some awesome cookies. But on a chain level fresh, I really like McAllister's Deli cookies.

For chains, my vote goes to Argo Tea. Their Chocolate Chip Cookie heated up is something divine. Slightly better than Insomnia Cookie's Chocolate Chip Cookies, to a degree.

I haven't been to Levain yet, but I'll take the trip once I get back to NY.

GhaleonEB

I haven't had any for a few years, but those Lofthouse soft sugar cookies were one of my favorites.

My wife makes an amazing peanut butter cookie with just peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Seriously great.

ryseing

There's a decent chain called Insomnia Cookies near me that has a pretty great snickerdoodle.

I like black and whites from Fresh Market as well.

I haven't had one in decades, and not sure they even make them anymore, but the chocolate-chip cookie from Hardee's was a mainstay of my youth. So sweet and greasy.

I like fresh coconut macaroons from Dean & Deluca in DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom