• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Youtube trailer views for E3 2016

SJRB

Gold Member
Watchdogs 2 being on #1 is surprising, and awesome. I love everything about the direction they've taken, and I'm glad the general consensus seems positive as well.

Also means 7.6 million people heard Run The Jewels, so huge exposure for them too.

Edit: wait, this is the NERD trailer, not the proper Ubisoft conference E3 trailer.

T.O.P

Banned
12th place fo Horizon 3 is pretty damn nice

Grats to WD2, lookin ace so far

And almost 7 million views difference between BF and COD wow

BiggNife

Reminder that the Watch Dogs 2 trailer was posted at least 3 days earlier than the other trailers here. 7 million is definitely nothing to sneeze at but I also don't think it would have the most views if the trailer came out on Sunday during EA Play.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That's not too reliable though, the most hyped games have their trailers everywhere and i, and i guess many others, really often see trailers in not official accounts, it should take into account more than just the most viewed video, but i understand that would be really tough.

JimiNutz

Banned
Surprised Spider-Man isn't higher but blown away by how popular Watch Dogs 2 is - I haven't even watched that trailer yet as had no interest in the first and heard it was mediocre.

God of War is huge :)

Excellent for Days Gone, reveal of a new IP breaking the million already.

Side note : FF7 Remake, the biggest YouTube E3 hit from last year, is close to 14 million.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Watch Dogs 2. Well deserved. This AC -> AC2 and it's going to be fantastic with an interesting character this time.

Galang

Banned
Ugh why does Watch Dogs 2 have so many people pressed? The potential with the gameplay and world is immense. First game fell flat, but I have courage they can get it right the second time. I really hope the game sells insanely well

Ploid 3.0

\

And only a million or so view for Spider-Man? I know it didn't show much, but I thought a real-ass Spider-Man game would garner more interest.
\

Spider-Man is split with Marvel Entertainment youtube. 1,355,000 there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDPWDkdNLEc

smeNPwP.png

Mikey Jr.

I can tell horizon is gonna be big. It is doing great numbers for a new ip.

Where is gears 4? Don't see it on the list.

I swear to god if Sony lets another amazing first party game bomb due to them barely promoting it then someone is going to bleed.

Oh well, at least I can take solace in that Toyama seems to be one of the rare few creative minds within Sony first party commanding the amount of respect that they let him do whatever he wants despite the sales numbers.

Why do people like Watch Dogs? The first one was terrible and this looks like more of the same. It's filled with cringe worthy dialogue and edgy tryhard characters. Am I out of touch? Is it me?

Styles

Interesting. From the countless stats posted regarding Zelda's popularity you would think it'd have the highest number of views.

I don't think Watch_Dogs 2 was by choice. They had it playing all over as ads.

Yes, I've noticed that a few times in the last couple of days (well, that and Mafia 3). Do videos that play even for five seconds before you click away count as a view from their official channel source though?

Top Bottom