• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About Scorpio/NX/Neo, who already think "Shut up and take my money!"?

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Can care less about a Nintendo console, and can care even less about the Scorpio since all it's games are on PC. If the PS Neo can provide a significant boost in performance I may consider it.

-d0hv

R3TRODYCE

NX- Nope, Nintendo just doesn't do it for me these days.

Neo- Yes, they have the best console this gen already so more power would be nice; If not day one then not too long after.

Scorpio- Nope, I have a good pc.

Neo maybe. Depends on price, the way games are going to make use of the extra power and if there will be trade in programs.

Definitely interested in the NX. But one think I've never liked about Nintendo is that games almost never drop in price and that good deals are rare. Maybe ill just be going for the NX handheld alongside a Neo. Well see.

NX for sure because I can't live without great local multiplayer.

I haven't been interested in this generation yet, but by the time Scorpio comes out, I'll probably get it to play Mass Effect / GTA

phanphare

Banned
NX - Zelda at launch = "shut up and take my money!"

Neo - meh, would take a lot to get me excited for this kind of marginal upgrade

Scorpio - intriguing but I need to see more

NX is a given because the Nintendo first-party library will be there, but with Zelda coming to the Wii U anyway, whether I adopt it early or late will depend on the launch-year library and price. If there isn't a very significant first-year enticement from the software side other than Zelda, a game that screams at me to be played now rather than a year or two down the road, I may wait.

That said, the last time I bothered to acquire hardware at launch was the release of the original Wii, and Twilight Princess was a significant factor in the decision even though I already owned a GameCube. That had more to do with wanting to play it with the then-untested Wiimote than with the slightly delayed release of the GameCube version, something I hope is not repeated with Breath of the Wild on Wii U.

No interest in the other two, but Microsoft's direction bodes well for me as someone who is already a PC player, and it's conceivable for me to plan a future build/upgrade around it. I'm not interested in VR and am a long way off from setting up for 4K, so both the Scorpio and Neo are superfluous. They remind me of the New 3DS more than anything: an enticement for late adopters to pay a higher price for a top-of-the-line model that doesn't offer much for existing owners of the original.

As somebody who doesn't play multiplayer games anymore Neo seems pointless when all Sony's first party games are already 1080p with really good AA. I'm not dropping another $400 to play the same games with 30 more fps.

A lot of Xbox One games are running at almost every resolution you can think except for a consistent 1080p so I fully understand why they're doing a mid- gen spec bump. However, 6TF seems like super overkill for a console that just going to play XB1 games better. 4k HDR looks really nice but that's next generation power and I want next generation graphics.

I'm gonna wait and see what these consoles actually end up delivering before jumping in.

NX - will have to wait and see what it is first but probably not at launch
Neo - probably trade in my PS4 for it
Scorpio - No, will upgrade my PC for Xbox games

I get all the systems so I can play all the games. Even when something is a "failure" like the Wii U, it was still very much worth it considering the quality of what it did have. My Wii U library is stronger for me than my PS4 library for example, with half the number of games.

ugoo18

NX sure, Nintendo games and the exclusives they secure always interest me.

Scorpio nope, if anything E3 pushed me straight to Windows 10.

Neo unsure, as long as the games aren't literally unplayable messes on my current PS4 then i'll be happy. Would i upgrade in the future at some point yes but at launch i doubt it.

Third party games that aren't exclusive to any of the big 3 i get for PC anyway so it's first party titles across the board that decide if and when i upgrade.

Kouriozan

How the hell can we judge anything on NX, that console might not exist at all since all we know is the codename :lol
Dunno if I'll switch to Neo as I just rebought a PS4 not so long ago, if it stop melting itself then it's day one for sure.

Strootman

I only have an X1 and honestly I'm torn.

I can buy a Neo and have all the xbox and playstation games available since apparently scorpio will not have exclusive games.

But if they show some impressive Scorpio games that on X1 will run like shit, I could buy scorpio.

We'll see.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Yes, these things we don't truly know about.

No, not in the slightest. Weird rumors and promises from a console you don't know about is worse than pre-ordering games years to months in advance.

Yep, I'm going to wait for more details. I'd have felt burned if I'd bought a PS4 or XBO at launch because no sooner have they started getting a decent library, they're being superceded.

Scorpio- Nope no interest.

NX- Will buy it just depends if i like the launch lineup for day one.

Neo- Don't have a 4k tv or have interest in PSVR and just got a PS4 in Dec so no.

muu

Nx, sure. I struggle to see what neo and Scorpio offers beyond what I can already get w PC aside from a couple exclusives.

Lady Gaia

I'll preorder a Neo the instant I can. I've been very happy with the software released and revealed for my PS4 and look forward to seeing how developers take advantage of the extra horsepower. It's also a bet that I'll pick up a 4k display in the next year or two and be ready for it with UHD Blu-ray playback capability.

The Scorpio could fill a similar role but I'm just not feeling Microsoft's software direction. That's obviously a very personal thing, but it leaves me cold. The comparison of Gears/God of War illustrates this really well. Repetition vs. innovation. Dude bro vs. a more sophisticated approach to storytelling and character development. Paying two subscription services and buying two UHD players just doesn't make sense unless the software is there to compel me.

I'm intrigued by Nintendo's NX but not yet completely sold. I'm sure the lure of Zelda with tempt me, but I want to see a console reveal that teases some additional franchises I care about. Something Metroid or Fire Emblem in addition to Mario would probably do the trick.

Cartho

I'll probably get a Neo for the exclusives. Not going to bother with Scorpio as I own a very capable gaming PC.

alouette

Scorpio - but I think, this will be 600€+. But if I can use my Kinect + other accesories, I´m in day one.

NX - Still just curious about it.

Neo - no interest.

Matthew23

I'm in need of a console and will pick up one of these 3 for sure.

Scorpio - Half way through E3 I was leaning heavily toward the 6 TF Scorpio as "play anywhere" would compliment my gaming PC. After hearing all the talk of it being a 4k box my hype has been killed as 4k@30FPS does not interest me. If MS comes to their senses and makes their first party games 1080@60 this will be my choice.

NX - I love Nintendo games but if there is a heavy focus on mobile (seems likely) I'll pass, don't care about mobile gaming. If it's more of a traditional console with a controller that doesn't make me cringe I'll consider it (assuming lowest price of the 3).

Neo - Would be my choice today. The hardware isn't good enough to mess with 4k so I expect solid 1080@60 variants of current and future PS4 games. If PSVR headset isn't compatible with my PC it could be a deal breaker.

Zereta

Me. And on all three probably.

Currently own a PS4 and Xbox One in Singapore. I go to college in America and finally have my own apartment for the next 3 years. Probably will get a Xbox One S when I'm back in Boston for sophomore year. Probably will get a Scorpio to keep in Singapore if it's huge but if the form factor is good, I might buy a Scorpio for the US, bring the S back to Singapore and sell the OG Xbox One.

Will get a Neo at some point if there is a compelling reason in the beginning or just some time down the line.

And NX if it's really the handheld hybrid thing we all think it is/

Scorpio- No, Now I just need to build a PC to experience all the Xbox exclusives.

Neo- Just need to see how much of an improvement it makes to the games. So far I can see myself getting it on day one, if the price is right.

NX- Just show some awesome games and I'm in.

I don't buy consoles on launch because I don't want to risk having anything faulty or low quality (like how the first wave of DS4s were cheaply made, but better nowadays).

But I'm definitely in for Neo perhaps 6 months or a year after it launches, since I still don't have a PS4 and I need that JRPG goodness.

I'll probably get NX as well cause I love Nintendo games too much to pass up. But again, not right at launch.

Toni

Neo is coming out first and after Sony's conference, the thought playing those exclusives with even higher graphical fidelity (the graphics are already insane) definitely has me buying it day one.

Horizon at 60 fps with much less pop-in, denser grass, better shadows, better resolution, etc. Will be amazing. Same for Witcher 3.

Ascenion

All 3.
Scorpio sounds like the first true next gen console. The PS4 didn't impress me and the Xbox One didn't either. I could build a PC but that requires effort and I'm not about that life.

Neo seems more and more like a simple stop gap but it will run the games better and I need God of War in my veins yesterday so day one.

NX is an actual new console. Of course I'm getting it I live and die on Zelda.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much at that point with the NX. Need to see some more titles they have planned and how Zelda looks on it.

Don't see myself picking up Neo or Scorpio, but I'm very interested in how Sony and Microsoft will pull them off.

Top Bottom