• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About Scorpio/NX/Neo, who already think "Shut up and take my money!"?

Tratorn

I "hate" these upgrade consoles already but I'm part of the problem and will buy Neo, at least I'm 99% sure. I want to play the best versions of Horizon or GoW IV.
The same will probably happen with NX + Zelda. I have a WiiU and I was pretty disappointed with that console but the better version of Zelda will probably sell me their next console.

Yes, I am weak.

I'm in for Scorpio. Also, this is crazy thinking, but it would be awesome if Ms made patches to increase the resolution/framerate of their current Xbox One exclusives games, such as Dead Rising/Halo/Forza/ Sunset Overdrive etc...

Neo - disappointed they haven't taken my money already.
Scorpio - I love the Xbox Brand but I have a gaming PC so no rush here.
NX - I am still wait and see. They haven't given me a reason to hand over money.

I got the money but I don't want to buy into iterative consoles.

Performance is nice but the games look nice already imo

Won't buy neo or Scorpio and will most likely prolong future purchases (if ever tbh) - I'm ready to dip my cock in to the glory hole that is PC and hope for the best

Metfanant

i thought yes, when the rumors started swirling...but now? maybe just Neo...Especially if we're going to be getting staggered releases from here on out...

I just dont have the time to invest in multiple ecosystems anymore...and PlayStation is the one im most heavily invested with (particularly this current generation)...so i think im just gonna roll with Sony from here on out...

NX - Day One.

Scorpio/Neo - Day who knows.

I got both my Xbox One and PS4 with my mobile phone upgrades, hopefully I'll be able to do the same with the Scorpio and Neo.

iNvid02

but we're on an enthusiast gaming forum, not that surprising people want to dump their existing toasters for more powerful models

Ammogeddon

Well I have a PS4 right now and I'm pretty sure I'll get the neo. I like the game line up on PlayStation, I have a library of games already, and a few of my friends have a PS4. To a lesser extent I have my trophies too.

Historically I would have a console from each of the three manufacturers but I am less inclined these days. The exclusives aren't compelling enough to me to justify having all of them right now.

If Microsoft and Nintendo present decent propositions in the Scorpio and NX then I am open to buying them but they'll be additional to the PlayStation Neo.

Alebrije

At this moment the only choice is NX, its the only one that will have a game already shown. The new Zelda is a great flagsale.

Neo is the the second option

Scorpio no option , since won't have exclusives and you can play future Ms games on PC or current Xbone

Soroc

I'm out of the xbox ecosystem and have a great PC so no Scorpio for me.

I'm satisfied with my PS4 so I don't think I'll want or need a Neo until they start making exclusives for it in a couple years

NX will probably be day 1 depending on if its close/on par/just ahead of PS4. I want to desperately move on from Wii U.

kirby_fox

Banned
With no price, games, etc. announced...I can't say I'm interested for day one. I don't care for the idea of iterative consoles because I see it getting dangerously close to cell phones and killing the market.

I felt a bit burnt by the Wii U for what it was supposed to be, and though I've enjoyed a lot of the games I'm truly just a Smash Bros. fan in the end. And so I'm just going to wait to see what they do with Smash on NX.

I have a PC and 3DS but the PS4 Neo will be mine, just not day one. As a Souls and Ico fan, Bloodbourne and The Last Gaurdian (plus the blu ray player) just allure me like no other.

Final Fantasies, GTAs, Silent Hills, and Metal Gears used to keep me coming back to the PS2 but I feel like each of those has stagnated or outright died since then.

NX is day one because of Zelda. No interest in Neo, I'll wait until 2018 to upgrade with a PS5/Neo 2. If my standard PS4 is good for Horizon and God of War then it's good enough for me.

Scorpio is probably a buy but not day one. Honestly, Microsoft is just not creating a compelling library of exclusives for me.

T.O.P

Banned
Getting an X1 S on Day One, Scorpio will follow

PS4 Neo i don't care, i'll keep my regular ps4

NX needs a good Metroid Prime game before i even consider it

Gaming is 80% of the time on pc for me tho

bede-x

NX is a no-brainer to me. Love Nintendo franchises, so I need it. Neo I'll get if it can offer a lot of 1080p/60fps experiences. Don't care about 4k or extra fidelity.

Scorpio is the first mainstream console I'm considering skipping. I have a decent PC and will be playing their games there, so there's really no incentive to get it.

Falchion

Leaning towards a yes on Scorpio but I need to know more first. For the Neo and NX, we know too little to merit my hype yet.

I will almost 100% get a Neo if it's a worthy upgrade. I was going to probably get a Scorpio but with all their games coming to PC I see literally no reason to now. NX maybe. Zelda isn't enough as I have a WiiU show me more.

ganaconda

Scorpio Day 1, love the games there and don't have a good gaming PC. Not enough time for more, but if my time were to somehow miraculously free up, I'd probably go with NX in addition. More interested in the games on NX than Neo and Neo doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade over PS4. Also I have no interest in VR, I've tried it several times and it's cool, but not something I'd like to play my games with. An interest in VR is to me the main reason to upgrade to Neo over the PS4. PS4 is not going to be able to run today's games at the necessary framerate for VR, so I hope nobody is expecting that. But I'm fine with that since I don't care about VR.

I'm already thinking this for NX due to Zelda, however I was so burned by the WiiU that I'm going to be waiting just a little while to get it. Maybe Holiday 2017 for a deal or something similar.

Not going to get a Scorpio or Xbox soon.

As for Neo, I don't need any of the blu-ray stuff and I'm not too interested in VR so I'm debating if the increased power will be worth the price. I'll need more details on that.

Calm Mind

NX for sure. The other two, I don't care for their exclusives and I will never pay to play online multiplayer ever. So nope to Neo and Scorpio. Best of wishes! #TeamNintendo

GoaThief

Scorpio day one for sure. Thing sounds beastly, loving it.

Neo probably down the line a bit, unless it becomes essential to PSVR or offers some more unique features.

NX - lol. I have Wii U collecting dust waiting for Zelda. Why would I want a NX?

I'll definitely buy Scorpio and NX (If its a portable, or cheap console) day one.

I'll get a Neo depending on what it can and cannot do vs PS4, but it won't be this year unless theres a big trade in program.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Not even close....Graphical upgrades without the games to back it up is lame

NEO: No exclusive games, don't care about VR no reason to buy
Scorpio: No exclusive games, don't care about 4K gaming no reason to buy
NX: I don't like Nintendo's IP other than smash...not worth buying a system for one game

I'm gonna ride out OG PS4 and Xbox One S until the 20s....Don't care about handhelds or smarphones either...I guess I'll put the extra money into building a $5000.00 PC or get a nice vintage gaming setup.....I doubt I'll ever come back to the console space after PS4/XBONE if the industry keeps going in this direction...it doesn't make sense anymore

Brhoom

Banned
If Neo can run Resident Evil 7 better than my gtx 970/i54690k combo then yes.

Resident Evil 7 is not Playstation vr exclusive right?

Day one %100

.Scorpio- will be most powerful console out there. Period. +plus exclusives. ( own 2 X1's )

.Neo- for exclusives obviously. ( own 2 PS4s )

.NX- maybe, would have to see if it's at least same level spec wise as X1/PS4. Not making same mistake with the WiiU, sitting in the box wrapped since it launched.

I'm in for all 3. Bless my wallet.

I have to have a Scorpio. I'm way too invested in Halo and XBOX Live.
I have to get a Neo as I recently sold my PS4 and I need an exclusives box.
I have to get an NX for my son.

Reckheim

I might get a neo if the changes are considerable, if they are not i'll just stick with my old ps4.

Wont be buying a Scorpio as it seems that all their 'exclusives' will be available on the PC and I already have a more than capable computer.

Depending on what exactly the NX is I might buy it, but it definitely wont be at launch.

Im excited about this Upgrades.

But i still need to see the games fully supporting this Upgrades.

I dont wanna see a game on Scorpio that just uses the same Quality Settings just like on XboxOne but with a better Resolution. I want everything improved from a game, not just the Resolution.

Same case for Neo.

My game that would force me to get Neo would be Battlefield 1. But like i said it needs to be improved on every edge to convince me.

Top Bottom