• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Existing Xbox One owners - are you still happy with your purchase?

Ushay

I get a lot of play out of it, and I'm honestly super happy my library will never go obsolete going forward. Very smart move.

Tarrin

Yea, I am. Use it for media stuff mostly, and it's the box I take with me to my friend's/family gatherings for Netflix and party games.

PS4 is my game machine, X1 is my media machine (besides exclusives)

I never get the "it was worth it for X game alone" comments. Like, saying that would mean that you would have spent $400 on a piece of hardware that can literally only play one game. Maybe some of you guys are living in a different financial stratosphere, because I could never imagine doing that for any game.

Well, that's exactly how I feel with the PS4 and Bloodborne . Sure, there are plenty of other games I've bought and enjoyed for the system, but Bloodborne was the killer app for me.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Bought mine used. Then bought a Kinect for Just Dance. It hasn't been on in months. Not a good buy, but not with selling.

Looking forward to Crackdown.

Magnus

Traded it back into EB yesterday for $240 after tax. Couldn't be happier.

If future exclusives are going to be available on my Win 10 PC on our living room TV, I'll play them there.

a.wd

I use it for 90% of my gaming and my family use it for 100% of our media.

I'll probably get the S as I'm getting a 4k HDR telly soon.

I'll probably upgrade my pc at some point as well, play anywhere means I can play either in front of my telly or in the office.

So yeah, I'm still happy with my purchase.

Yes. I call mine the Forza machine. I purchased Dark Souls 3 on it but it ran kinda badly so I wasn't too happy about that (did it to access it early). Besides those two, I don't have a lot of games that I'm fond of (disappointed with Halo 5). I'm mostly a PC player so I don't really care that much about Scorpio, especially since the games will function the same on it anyway and I can simply satisfy my cravings for graphics on PC.

So far this generation (PS4 and Xbox One) hasn't been that great IMO and since Neo and Scorpio only serve as a graphics update, I'm just waiting for more good games at the moment.

Pizza

Worth it for Halo and Sunset overdrive alone, although if I'd known everything was coming to PC I would have just waited. As it stands, I'll upgrade my rig going forward with Win10 & this will be my last Xbox console.

Same here: halo was aight but for me Rare Replay and Sunset are worth keeping the console around for.

I'll totally still buy microsoft's games and now I'm pumped to feel okay buying a PS4

link1201

Yeah, I am pretty content. I will probably buy the S then place this in my home office or trade it in then wait for Scorpio to go into the living room. I am never going to be a PC gamer. I love the upgraded Xbox HD choices though.

I never get the "it was worth it for X game alone" comments. Like, saying that would mean that you would have spent $400 on a piece of hardware that can literally only play one game. Maybe some of you guys are living in a different financial stratosphere, because I could never imagine doing that for any game.
Depends upon how much enjoyment you get out of that game doesn't it?

That's also cheaper than buying a $400 console and a bunch of games.

Gestault

I've gotten a lot out of it as a post-launch buyer. The catalog hit the sweet-spots for my taste (this whole gen would be weakened if I didn't like racing games). I always tend to have all/most of the major consoles and a mid-range PC. The shift toward PC support is actually encouraging for me. The idea of having access to a cheap, road-friendly box that can cross-play with PC versions of the same is a selling point for me.

I'll say this: That whole initiative would be stronger yet if there were a new push toward standard lan-play where it makes sense. As it stands, you still can't make new player profiles without an internet connect, and some games (including Halo MCC and Rocket League) don't allow guest accounts for split-screen. That's frankly infuriating when it's not just your time being wasted at a social event.

Seth

Not particularly happy with it. But i'm not mad about getting it either. I got the PS4 first and grabbed an xbox one a few months later. I knew what I was buying and knew it wasn't really the console for me when i purchased it. But i love videogames so I had to buy one for a couple exclusives i wanted to play. Its certainly improved since I bought it, but it doesn't do anything better than my PS4 in my opinion. So beyond exclusives, it doesn't get used. I honestly just don't like its style (and honestly haven't liked it since they got rid of the blade system) and I find the UI more complex than it needs to be.

In fact, im always surprised I don't hear more complaints about it. I have a lot of little weird issues with mine, i can only assume its got some hardware problem with my unit and not widespread but things like the controller disconnecting while im playing a game, 50% of the time i can't turn it on with kinect, 50% of the time i can't turn it on from the controller either, blu ray discs will sometimes skip during playback, it likes to randomly turn itsself on... just weird little things like that i have experienced. I've never mentioned any of those issues before as ive never heard any mass complaints.

If scorpio turns out to truly be the superior console (purely graphics and performance wise in GAMES) and consistently gives better experience for third party games, its likely that i will move over to xbox for my main console. Its a sticky situation for me, I like Sony's exclusives faaaar more than anything on xbox so I feel like I have to buy the neo. But I can't very well buy third party games on it if i know theres a better way to play them (I'm not interested in PC, don't suggest I just buy a PC. Ive been a PC gamer before and have lost interest in that route. Maybe in a few years when PC and xbox are fully converged ill consider going back to PC). So its likely i will end up getting both of those. I hope they come out far enough apart so I can get them around their launches.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
It's got Rare Replay.... and that's about it.

The 'system', the OS, the build quality, the way it installs games, the way controller drop out all the time - it's shit.

I can't speak for the rest of the game library because I can't get past the lack of quality in the core box to bother to invest my money in games on it.

Leonidas

Yes I am happy with it, got my current Xbox One + Kinect bundle last year around 10 months ago.

It plays a lot of my 360 games, plays some great exclusives and the console doesn't make much noise. I become happier with my purchase as they add more Xbox 360 games that I already have as I sold my 360 and don't like to have 6 consoles hooked up to my TV just to be able to play everything...

AGoodODST

Probably my biggest gaming regret next to the Vita.

Like, it's not bad per se, but the interface I found super unintuitive and laggy, making it a pain to do anything. The PS4 and WiiU interfaces aren't anything to write home about either but are much easier and faster to use.

Oh and the fucking piece of shit crashed while I was playing the GwG version of Sunset Overdrive and fucked the hard drive so it's now a huge paper weight. I really need to get round to sending it in for repair.

Halo 5 and RotTR are great games so there's that I suppose.

Anyway, the Scorpio announcement didn't fill me with confidence that the Xbox One has a bright future either so eh (same applies to Neo I suppose).

0racle

I won an xbox one at launch with forza 5.

Besides being a forza machine ( and im ok with that ) it collects dust. I have around 40 psr games and play that system more because of the exclusives and hardware.

This will change if scorpio has better performing multiplats though.

I've loved my Xbone to death. I feel bad because I've been neglecting it and my gaming hobby in general of late. My wife absolutely loves it for Kinect and uses it way more than I do.

bede-x

I could have done without it, especially since forthcoming first party titles are coming to PC, but it's been decently used for backwards compatibility. A 360 would still be a lot better in that regard and going forward Scorpio might be the first mainstream console ever I choose to skip. Really no reason to get one when everything I want (Gears and Crackdown) is on PC.

drotahorror

I sold my Wii U last year for the xb1. I regret it, especially now that I'll get all the xb1 games on PC. I contemplated trading it in on amazon, but they only give $100 for an xb1. I got like, $170 for the Wii U when I traded it in on amazon.

I'm happy with it. I wish it had a bit more power, so that we'd be getting more/mostly 1080p games on the console, but I'm still happy with it.

EBE

dead rising 3 at launch was a treat
kinect with xbox fitness is a secret killer app
titanfall was great and still active on xbox one
forza horizon 2 is an amazing game and EVERYONE should be excited for 3
halo 5 has some amazing multiplayer
backwards compatibility is an additional value feature
and the system updates have been slowly building up the console into a more rich platform

so yes, i am VERY happy with it

Just curious how other Xbox One owners now feel about their purchase with the announcement of Play Anywhere and Scorpio. If you could do it over, would you buy it again?

Play anywhere and Scorpio don't really factor in my views on Xbox one.

My Xbox one is used to watch Twitch on my television. That's it's main role and it is very good at that.

It is however a poor replacement for my 360, to the point this year I rebought it.

Play anywhere means that I may play Xbox exclusives long after I've sold my X1. Couldn't be less interested in Scorpio. Microsoft has not proven that they have the first party studios to make visually impressive games on the X1, never mind on a device with nearly 5 times the power.

The most visually impressive games on the Xbox one have been made by second and third party studios, studios that will release not only in the win 10 store but eventually steam, with the odd exception.

JMY86

Absolutely. I have both current gen consoles and love them both. Games with any kind of shooting mechanic I buy for my Xbox One, the offset sticks are much easier for me for aiming.

Caja 117

To some point I agree with you, while I bought my Xbox because of Halo, I didn't buy it to just play Halo, so I get a lot of the multi-plats, including FPS on my Xbox, and its weird to see people expend money on a console to just play one game nothing else.

Regarding the question, Im happy with my Xbox one and Im happy with my PS4 and Im looking forward to Scorpio and Neo!

Onaco

Kinda want to sell mine. I have a PS4, PC, Wii U, and Xbone. I played through every game I got when I first got it in Christmas 2014, then had nothing to do with it after. I went through Sunset Overdrive (best game on the system), the first two Halo campaigns, played through Black Flag and Unity, and suck at KI.

I did pick up RARE Replay, but I feel like that collection is the only thing stopping me from selling it.

RedRum

Banned
Still here and here for the long haul. I like the direction both Sony and MS are taking. I was a little hesitant at first, but blurring the lines between Xbox and PC? Yes please.

I was really happy with my Elite bundle up until E3 when they announced share play. It makes my Xbox obsolete now as I have a gaming rig. So I swapped it in for a PS4, which seems pretty great so far.

bman94

Yep. Don't have a computer strong enough to play the Xbox Anywhere games and the Scorpio doesn't really interest me at the moment since I only have a 720p TV.

oSoLucky

I didn't fall in love with Sunset Overdrive as much as I'd hoped. I do wish I had waited now that everything is going to be on PC also, but I might get a One S still for media consumption(more for the wife than me), depending on when Neo releases. There will be no reason for me to get another Xbox going forward though. I guess overall, with owning every platform, I'm pretty disappointed. I'll still be much more likely to play games like Scalebound in my living room on the XB1 though I guess.

wrongway

I'm happy that I bought one, but I only got it for a few exclusives, not for use as my main platform. I'll probably sell it in the not too distant future while it still has decent value. I use the pad on PC though, so the question will be if I should send it off with the system and get a fresh one or just keep my current one. I guess it would kinda suck to sell a used system without a pad, eh?

I would love it more if I didn't have a gaming pc. I considered selling my xb1 but I have nieces and nephews that come over and enjoy playing lego games on it.

I bought one at launch but my PS4 and Wii U saw far more use, i ended up selling mine a little while after Halo 5 launched.

Honestly, i likely would have hung on to it, i'm not really one to sell console but i'm back in school now and on a tight budget and the money was helpful. I don't regret selling it however, which might be telling.

G0523

I don't regret my 1TB model. I have so so many free games on it from Microsoft's Games with Gold program and various codes that my friends didn't want. The only thing I'm worrying about is filling up my hard drive.

Top Bottom