• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) review thread

Mupod

I don't know what's wrong with me but I fell off the wagon partway through VLR near release and never got back around to it. I had no idea this was coming out so soon but I still have time to get caught up.

I'M SO EXCITED!

tA1OECl.gif

Jb

It's one of these games where I don't really want to read the reviews, or even the reactions to the reviews, until I finish it myself.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Amazon.com hasn't even given me an estimated ship date for my damn watch edition. They better not screw me over on this >(

Gvitor

They don't have any game breaking bugs in the 3DS version this time right?

While I can't speak with absolutely certainty since those things are random and very specific, it didn't happen to me nor to the people I talked to.

Amazon.com hasn't even given me an estimated ship date for my damn watch edition. They better not screw me over on this >(

everyone is in the same situation, me included, just with the watch edition, apparently they had to delay it (no official announcement) maybe they didn't have he watches ready for the release.

DNAbro

If they screw up and don't get it to me day 1, I'm already planning to buy it digitally and then take the watch and sell the physical copy

everyone is in the same situation, me included, just with the watch edition, apparently they had to delay it (no official announcement) maybe they didn't have he watches ready for the release.

Uh, they better talk about this ASAP, if that's the case.

Where's that GAFer who works for Aksys? Anyone ask them?

EmiPrime

I am still bitterly disappointed that Europe isn't get a physical release of this. If I wasn't so emotionally invested in this series I would tell Aksys to shove it, instead I will be getting screwed over by having to buy it on Vita digitally so that I can play it on release day to avoid spoilers and then have to spend more money on an import copy so that I can complete my collection. I'd love to know why Aksys didn't want to sell the European rights to Rising Sun Games.

Fun fact, I just noticed my Amazon pre order was place almost a year ago

July 9, 2015

I think this is the game with the longest time frame I've ever pre ordered...

Not just with the watch edition, I preordered the regular Vita version on Amazon and still don't have a ship date. Not worried though as the same thing happened with Valkyria Chronicles last month and it still got shipped timely and I received it release date.

Jb

I am still bitterly disappointed that Europe isn't get a physical release of this. If I wasn't so emotionally invested in this series I would tell Aksys to shove it, instead I will be getting screwed over by having to buy it on Vita digitally so that I can play it on release day to avoid spoilers and then have to spend more money on an import copy so that I can complete my collection. I'd love to know why Aksys didn't want to sell the European rights to Rising Sun Games.

I thank Rising Sun for publishing a physical version in EU but I was so annoyed that they removed the English dub from the game. I ended up importing a NA copy after having bought the PAL one because of it.

TheMasterThief

Neo Member
I am beyond excited for the final game in the Zero Escape series! I just got into these masterpieces beginning with 999 last month, and ever since I've been a huge fan of the stories present in both games. I just finished VLR a few days ago, so I am ready for Zero Time Dilemma!

I'm not even sure why they went for detailed animations. VLR's mostly static images work really well.

Still hyped though. I never usually go for the Japanese voice over is I have a choice, but going from the enforced JP voices in VLR to English will probably be too weird.

EmiPrime

I thank Rising Sun for publishing a physical version in EU but I was so annoyed that they removed the English dub from the game. I ended up importing a NA copy after having bought the PAL one because of it.

Maybe Aksys wanted additional money for VLR's English dub, without knowing more that's the only explanation for its omission that makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Aksys wanted too much money for the European rights to ZE3 either as RSG were definitely interested.

Aksys have been dicking over European ZE fans since day one.

I am beyond excited for the final game in the Zero Escape series! I just got into these masterpieces beginning with 999 last month, and ever since I've been a huge fan of the stories present in both games. I just finished VLR a few days ago, so I am ready for Zero Time Dilemma!
You're so lucky.
The wait between games has been aggravating.

Kyolux

Had it pre-ordered at 20% off on amazon.ca.. but cancelled my pre-order so that I can just pick it up on PSN at release. Price difference wasn't all that big anyway considering it might end up cheaper there if they price-error it to USD price and no tax.

And I won't have to deal with any late shipping risks.

But I don't have the time to do a 2nd run of both games and plan
to jump right into ZTD

The wiki it is then

Kagari probably thought you hadn't played the game I guess.

takoyaki

Are there any good summaries of 999/VLR out there? Don't want to scroll though dozens of Wiki pages

I'd like one because it's been years since I played VLR and I've forgotten a lot of the specifics.

there's a surprising lack of summary videos for the series, I was looking for those as well because I couldn't replay the games.

only short video I found for 999: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiQaWCJK_xo&feature=youtu.be (good summary, but the dude is trying to be funny which can be annoying)

and there's always the ZE Wiki, still the best summary imo:
http://zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Zero_Escape:_Nine_Hours,_Nine_Persons,_Nine_Doors
http://zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Zero_Escape:_Virtue's_Last_Reward

Jb

Maybe Aksys wanted additional money for VLR's English dub, without knowing more that's the only explanation for its omission that makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Aksys wanted too much money for the European rights to ZE3 either as RSG were definitely interested.

Aksys have been dicking over European ZE fans since day one.

That's gotta be it yeah, but it's the first time I've ever heard of a localized Japanese game stripped of its English dub for a PAL release.

Top Bottom