• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 Days to Die on consoles - Any excitement?

I have it preordered...I know it's probably gonna be rough but I can't pass up split screen / online co op.

Also, you can play as Lee since Telltale is publishing the game.

46DuzRb.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
That's just the thing though. Minecraft is gorgeous. This game looks like building with vomit.

The styling is gorgeous, sure. At any rate, this just looks like a good time with the survival and crafting in the wilderness and such. The visuals do not bother me here at all and I think I'll get $27 out of it and then some.

grmlin

7D2D is one of the games where the graphics don't matter that much. That is at high settings tough. That bad drawing distance is a no go as you see where you should go much later.

Beside that, the gameplay matters and I think it's great. But it's not for everyone, of course. If you don't like the mining/farming/hunting/building surviving gameplay the game would not be for you even if it had great graphics.

There are tons of let's plays on YouTube.

I like Kage843's. He usually starts a new season with every new alpha.

https://m.youtube.com/user/Kage848

The support by the developers is amazing. You should take a look at the early alphas to see how the game evolved over the years.

ironcreed

Banned
7D2D is one of the games where the graphics don't matter that much. That is at high settings tough. That bad drawing distance is a no go as you see where you should go much later.

Beside that, the gameplay matters and I think it's great. But it's not for everyone, of course. If you don't like the mining/farming/hunting/building surviving gameplay the game would not be for you even if it had great graphics.

There are tons of let's plays on YouTube.

I like Kage843's. He usually starts a new season with every new alpha.

https://m.youtube.com/user/Kage848

The support by the developers is amazing. You should take a look at the early alphas to see how the game evolved over the years.

Some good footage there. Thanks.

Minecraft looks great though.

Great aesthetic that works within the limits of the tech to be retro

This literally looks like baby's first unity game

Blechhhh

OneUh8

Been thinking about grabbing this on the Steam sale. Currently $9.99. I am assuming it will be coming out of early access very soon? I generally do not like buying games until they are "officially" released.

ultrazilla

This game has caught my eye from time to time, so I went ahead pre-ordered on PS4 with the discount on PSN. Just wondering if there is any excitement out there? Despite the dated visuals, it looks pretty damn addictive to me.

It's using the Unity Engine. Be warned. Unity and the PS4 don't seem to get along too well.

It's a "meh" type game. I have it on PC and have a Nvidia 970 and it still has performance issues(no doubt in my mind it's from Unity).

I'd recommend a "wait and see" approach to the game and let some reviews roll in before you buy it on console.

KKRT00

Great game on PC, but still in alpha state, but that said its the best survival zombie game on the market that i played. I really hope that devs will have resources to expand like they want it to, because it can be something special.

---
This literally looks like baby's first unity game
It actually looks pretty good for full voxel based game.

GodofWine

Very interested for the fun a 4 player coop would bring, but I need to see reviews and comments first. It still has a way to go in development so that scares me, but it should get all the features PC does minus dedicated servers.

I'm going to give it a shot. I was unable to convince any of my friends to try it with me though.

My only concern is that it's going to be too difficult for me, but, you never know until you try it for yourself.

G-Bus

Banned
Friend of mine has been harping on me to pre order. I know of mine craft and dayz, rust. NeVer played them tho. On the fence. People citing possible performance issues and the fact it's releasing while it's still in alpha on pc doesn't help.

Splitscreen component is tempting. Would like a game to play with the wife and she likes zombies. But she always makes fun of me for playing anything with a resource gathering shtick.

Think I'll see what the reviews have to say regarding content and performance.

It is out now on PSN and Xbox Live. $29.99, I am thinking about giving it a shot, that game looks fun, I am just worried about performance. That PS4 gameplay was pretty rough looking to me.

Top Bottom