• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teeny Titans |OT| Teen Titans Go Amiibo (mobile)

Ultimadrago

Can anyone tell me if
The Whisperer
is in this game?

Man, you know what
No, they aren't.
. I also was expecting
Raven's split emotions
, but alas.

It's all hair-splitting anyways. There are so many personalities in the show and the collection succeeding in capturing most of the major ones. I'm really happy with how many colorful models were put out on a whole.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Speaking of which characters are/aren't in the game:

We really wanted playable
Mas y Menos
as well as
the Wonder Twins
, but the nature of those chars made them a little too complex to squeeze in in time (we would have wanted them to be
duo figures -- two figs in battle at the same time!)

We also were shooting for
the Justice League holy trinity... Wonder Woman, Supes and Batman (of course!)... but we were asked to hold off to ensure the focus remained on the Titans and lesser known DC chars.
Maybe one day for an update :) There's a few other DC chars we love and have our eyes on too that I haven't listed here that I'd love to see added one day, hopefully...

The special roles for
Sticky Joe and B'wana Beast in particular
were entirely due to those being two of our personal favorite characters. Especially
B'wana.
How can you not love the guy?

This game is super, super rad. It's so refreshing to play a mobile game that doesn't require you to A) Play at a certain hour in order to get something rare or B) Force you to spend money for a random chance at getting something rare. I like that I can play at my own pace. This is exactly the game I've been looking for.

Plus, I love the humor and random references (Barf from Spaceballs? Amazing!). Props to the team. I just started, but I already hope there's updates. I'd like to play this for a while.

GKFinns

This game is consuming my free time today. What an absolute blast!

I got all the way to the final match in the Pet Store tournament, but had to back out when I saw the difficulty spiked WAY WAY up. Three level 10s? No siree!

What are some of everyone's favorite figs so far? Trying to figure out who to prioritize. So far Sikie is my JAM

This game is super, super rad. It's so refreshing to play a mobile game that doesn't require you to A) Play at a certain hour in order to get something rare or B) Force you to spend money for a random chance at getting something rare. I like that I can play at my own pace. This is exactly the game I've been looking for.
There are like hundreds of games like that on mobile. They're not rare

Ultimadrago

The special roles for
were entirely due to those being two of our personal favorite characters. Especially
B'wana.

B'wana
's great! I liked the neat little method to find yourself to
B'wana Beast
as well.

This game is consuming my free time today. What an absolute blast!

I got all the way to the final match in the Pet Store tournament, but had to back out when I saw the difficulty spiked WAY WAY up. Three level 10s? No siree!

What are some of everyone's favorite figs so far? Trying to figure out who to prioritize. So far Sikie is my JAM

I've already splurged on my favorite, so to bring up one I don't use. I love to look at
Multiverse Jinx
. I already am fond of the character, so I made a little squeaky noise when I saw that character model. It's interesting to hear of someone using Silkie a lot. I wasn't able to really get the hang of them myself. There's a lot of them though!

MrCheez

B'wana
B'wana Beast
as well.

We made sure to include his amazing catch phrase too!
. It's interesting to hear of someone using Silkie a lot. I wasn't able to really get the hang of them myself. There's a lot of them though!

The Silkies are interesting: the "Burp Surprise" move is actually a randomized lotto. Depending on which object Silkie burps up is how much damage you get. One of the objects is actually an easter egg:
the cheese from Wispin, which we stick somewhere in every game :)

There's some interesting applications for the cuteness dmg reflector too (meow!) and the bubble shields are all about being smart with timing and trying to predict the opponent. (Especially good for blocking charge attacks right before the opponent fills their charge)

Only 1k downloads on Android. Guess it isn't doing so well...

Asking 4€ in a f2p world is also quite a gamble I guess.

Is TTG any fun for a smart and superhero obsessed 2 year old? Never read the comics / seen the show.

Edit: it says it has ingame advertisements on the Google Play store. In a 4€ game?

MrCheez

Edit: it says it has ingame advertisements on the Google Play store. In a 4€ game?

I think that line is getting added automatically due to CN's "More Games" button that lets you view other CN games. That 'more games' stuff you only see if you tap that button in the settings screen. There are no banner ads or any other type of ads in the game

How would you do
Batman? Serious, or his silly chuckle-headed Go! self
?

Also, how about
Tooth Fairy, a-tatatata
?

GKFinns

B'wana
B'wana Beast
as well.

I've already splurged on my favorite, so to bring up one I don't use. I love to look at
Multiverse Jinx
. I already am fond of the character, so I made a little squeaky noise when I saw that character model. It's interesting to hear of someone using Silkie a lot. I wasn't able to really get the hang of them myself. There's a lot of them though!

Silkie is my beast. He can solo entire teams by himself. His first attack is his shield move, which means I'm constantly protected. His second move is a randomized damage attack, and after poring ALL of his points into either health or power, does 12-25 a hit easy. And when the shield is upgraded, each time it's popped, Silkie gets healed. It's incredible how easy it is for him to stall out entire teams and eat them alive.

Speaking of which characters are/aren't in the game:

We really wanted playable
Mas y Menos
as well as
the Wonder Twins
, but the nature of those chars made them a little too complex to squeeze in in time (we would have wanted them to be
duo figures -- two figs in battle at the same time!)

We also were shooting for
the Justice League holy trinity... Wonder Woman, Supes and Batman (of course!)... but we were asked to hold off to ensure the focus remained on the Titans and lesser known DC chars.
Maybe one day for an update :) There's a few other DC chars we love and have our eyes on too that I haven't listed here that I'd love to see added one day, hopefully...

The special roles for
B'wana.

So what are the chances of getting LeBron James as DLC?

it'd be 1000 dollar DLC wouldn't it. lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Tournament four's final battle had me sweating. Had just one fig left at 4HP, who had two charge attacks to boot. Scrapped through.

Voror

Is it best to save to aim for maybe some of those big collectibles or just buy whatever you want that catches your fancy? I'm also wondering if I should go about buying extras to facilitate upgrades or leave that off for now. Some of the upgrades are just really useful.

So, is it crazy that I like this game so much, that I'm thinking about buying a cheap tablet just to have my own copy? I only played it on my niece's tablet yesterday and now I just want it for my own. xD

So, is it crazy that I like this game so much, that I'm thinking about buying a cheap tablet just to have my own copy? I only played it on my niece's tablet yesterday and now I just want it for my own. xD
Welcome to mobile gaming. There's a truckload of good stuff out there :)

Ultimadrago

Is it best to save to aim for maybe some of those big collectibles or just buy whatever you want that catches your fancy? I'm also wondering if I should go about buying extras to facilitate upgrades or leave that off for now. Some of the upgrades are just really useful.

I'd say buy what you want. Check the back of some of the premium figs and see what abilities they have (through the symbols shared by many others you should be able to get a gist). Some expensive figs have not-so-hot/incompatible movesets, others are great. Make the most from those that interest or fit your team.

If its a common chip, doesnt hurt much to buy it and take it off if it doesn't work out. I waited until later to most of mine, but some (like the Dance chip) can do wonders for characters right off the bat. Don't be too afraid to experiment. Though Gold chips are very rare, think carefully about using those.

Voror

I'd say buy what you want. Check the back of some of the premium figs and see what abilities they have (through the symbols shared by many others you should be able to get a gist). Some expensive figs have not-so-hot/incompatible movesets, others are great. Make the most from those that interest or fit your team.

If its a common chip, doesnt hurt much to buy it and take it off if it doesn't work out. I waited until later to most of mine, but some (like the Dance chip) can do wonders for characters right off the bat. Don't be too afraid to experiment. Though Gold chips are very rare, think carefully about using those.

That was what I was leaning towards though I definitely want to get Trigon whenever he pops up based on your posted experiments with him.

Oh, I meant more buying figs to feed Silkie to upgrade abilities but I was wondering about the chips too. I had a match with Starfire where she started using that so I definitely want to try out that Dance chip.

Thanks!

and...the deed has been done. Overnight shipping, got a nice little 9 inch tablet coming tomorrow!
You might find these threads helpful. It can be frustrating browsing the store, or just trying out free stuff to see what's good or not
Monthly community thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1226247
2015 recommendations: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160360
2015 mobile GOTY results: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178750

Ultimadrago

That was what I was leaning towards though I definitely want to get Trigon whenever he pops up based on your posted experiments with him.

Oh, I meant more buying figs to feed Silkie to upgrade abilities but I was wondering about the chips too. I had a match with Starfire where she started using that so I definitely want to try out that Dance chip.

Oh! Sorry I misunderstood, but yes. Buy extras to facilitate upgrades absolutely. I would only do it for those you think you may use for a while, but the bonuses for abilities are worth the coin usually.

Remember matching figure gives the most exp so prioritize on buying dupes, same type gives the 2nd most exp while Other gives the least.

Voror

Oh! Sorry I misunderstood, but yes. Buy extras to facilitate upgrades absolutely. I would only do it for those you think you may use for a while, but the bonuses for abilities are worth the coin usually.

Remember matching figure gives the most exp so prioritize on buying dupes, same type gives the 2nd most exp while Other gives the least.

Neat, thank you. Only done so for Robin so far since I'd managed to get a few extra Robin figures and so used them which was nice as the increase on the power up ability was great.

I just finished the story. I'm gonna go back and collect them all, since I'm at 56 already.

You should buy the figures you want, since it's pretty easy to get coins in this game. I've also been running
Starflash with the "Just Gotta Dance" chip, Wonder Raven who just hits super hard, and an extra slot for whoever I want to grind XP with. Wonder Raven can dish out damage fast enough where I only have to use Starflash's Dance buff once per fight. EZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Is there an easy/quick way to level up figures? My main team can crush just about anyone, but I've been encountering a lot of side missions that require specific lineups of figures I don't use regularly (ex: all '80's figures, all villains, etc.). For those, it takes time to build 'em up, so I was wondering if there's a quicker way to do it.

ZeroX03

Banned
It disappoints me that
Kid Flash
is a support fig, my favorite character in the lineup and I was hoping he could sweep, but damn if his support isn't good. Easy dance balls and you've always got a nuh uh ready.

Voror

Is there an easy/quick way to level up figures? My main team can crush just about anyone, but I've been encountering a lot of side missions that require specific lineups of figures I don't use regularly (ex: all '80's figures, all villains, etc.). For those, it takes time to build 'em up, so I was wondering if there's a quicker way to do it.

I'd be interested in this as well. I'm still really early but figure it can't hurt to know in advance where it'd be best to build them up.

f7pSpG9.jpg

My3aO6c.jpg

I like how TTG always beats the trolls.

Couldn't help but laugh on the train at that. And cry internally.

I'm enjoying the game so far. Might even check out the show.

Ultimadrago

Each day at the Beach,go
all the way to the right and click on the sparkle until a starfish comes. Go all the way to the opponent there. They are Level 18 but give good experience. Over 200 a pop.
After that I face the Beach King and then do what I want until they are available to fight the next day.

The 80's and all Beast Boy matches are rather easy while the Villain one got tricky (but is much easier once you have access to better villains in the game). I'd recommend leveling two "Quest Specific Teenies" in the background and using them largely for all the required matches. Rarely do you need 3 or in some cases even 2 souped up characters to survive.

You can also redo old tourneys for experience. I never did that myself though.

Mollymauk

Only 1k downloads on Android. Guess it isn't doing so well...

Asking 4€ in a f2p world is also quite a gamble I guess.

Is TTG any fun for a smart and superhero obsessed 2 year old? Never read the comics / seen the show.

#2 paid app on iOS

SJ7DBZW.png

ZeroX03

Banned
#2 paid app on iOS

SJ7DBZW.png

I hope this sells really well so there's hope for an expansion/sequel. It's a great game that plays to all the strengths of mobile. So many more figs could be added if they get the budget and can go hard into DC's backlog. Hundreds.

ReaperXL7

Well this is officially the only app that I have ever paid for and its completely worth the cost. I'm rocking Martian Beast Boy, Wonder Raven, and Red Arrow as my primary team so far with a few solid back ups. I really enjoy the style in the game, the combat is fun and engaging while still being snappy enough for mobile play. I'm really pretty impressed with it so far, I've often been interested in the idea of someone creating a gacha game that wasn't filled with freemium garbage and this has made me a believer that the concept is very viable, I hope it's successful for the devs.

I'm a bit disappointed that there is seemingly no multiplayer option ( monster battle games are perfectly suited for it and I wish Superboy was in this (though I may have just not found him yet) but other then that I think this is easily recommendable for anyone is might be interested in a DC Pokemonish game.

Also, a question that I have is if anyone knows if there is a way to find the rarity on a figure after you've obtained them. None of the stat screens seem to have the figures star rating .

Dunlop

It's this payable on a phone (Nexus 5) or is it for tablets?

Looking for something to play on my commute, just can't get myself to play Clash Royale anymore

MrCheez

Robotic Brother Blood is kinda overpowered if you can keep him healed up.

He definitely is, unfortunately. I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot of things about the overall balance that can be improved. Unfortunately with the quantity of characters (we always joked that we wanted to rig up confetti and balloons to fall from the ceiling when we finished the 70th character...) and the time we had -- especially considering a few characters had to come in a little a late -- we definitely didn't get to ironing out everything and unfortunately made a few oversights along the way.

But the good news is: we're still working right now to improve the game! An update was submitted to Apple today (expect it to go live in 1-2 days for iOS, sometime shortly after for Android) that should fix all the major bugs that have been reported, reworks RBB somewhat, and also makes adjustments to a few other characters that are a wee bit imbalanced.

Speaking of updating the game: what would you guys like to see in a theoretical content update?

Thanks everyone for playing!

Permanently A

Speaking of updating the game: what would you guys like to see in a theoretical content update?

Thanks everyone for playing!

Thank you for making a sweet game! What's the difference between Dodge and Luck stats?

PvP would be super cool, but if balance isn't realistic because of constraints it makes sense not to do it.

Also a fun flavor thing I was expecting and was disappointed in was the dog conversations. I was really expecting Robin to respond to the dogs with lines like "Wow, you're really blowing my mind right now" or "I guess I never thought of it that way"

MrCheez

Thank you for making a sweet game! What's the difference between Dodge and Luck stats?

PvP would be super cool, but if balance isn't realistic because of constraints it makes sense not to do it.

Dodge increases your percent chance to Dodge, while Luck increases your percent chance of getting "Lucky Duck" hits (which act as our game's version of crits). Luck does NOT influence tofu spawn chance -- only modchips can do that right now.

We've daydreamed about PvP for months. So yeah, if it happens, it would definitely be something we wouldn't want to rush and likely isn't something that will be appearing in the short-term. One day though, hopefully... would be rad!

Also a fun flavor thing I was expecting and was disappointed in was the dog conversations. I was really expecting Robin to respond to the dogs with lines like "Wow, you're really blowing my mind right now" or "I guess I never thought of it that way"

Haha, we actually talked about allowing Robin to be able to understand dogs only while he was Dogbin! The closest we got is a one-sides convo Robin has with a dog on the docks :)

ZeroX03

Banned
But the good news is: we're still working right now to improve the game! An update was submitted to Apple today (expect it to go live in 1-2 days for iOS, sometime shortly after for Android) that should fix all the major bugs that have been reported, reworks RBB somewhat, and also makes adjustments to a few other characters that are a wee bit imbalanced.

Please tell me you didn't touch my boy
Darkseid

Top Bottom