• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE is out in 2 days - Where's the hype?

BTA

Speak for yourself. I found it very frustrating too and didn't enjoy the puzzles after the half way point. So I quit before the end.

Cool atmosphere and art style. Frustrating and unfun second half IMO.

I saw it through, but I can agree that I found it pretty frustrating. The puzzles weren't always easy to execute even when I knew the solution and quickly got repetitive (you're really going to walk under a mind controlling parasite again?) and the jumping always felt very off. Specifically, there were lots of moments where I was expected to be able to jump over to the other side of a gap only to realize that it kept wanting me to not quite make it and climb up the ledge, and that always felt very unsatisfying... it might have been intentional, though.

I can totally see why people were into it at the time, but having played it for the first time a year ago, it already felt very dated. I really hope this isn't so similar that I don't enjoy it.

Karak

This thread is starting to look like that pre-release Witness where the in-the-know comments started some crazy hype before/after the reviews came out

LOL that was...a time wasnt it

Can confirm the 5 am embargo. Just posted it on OpenCritic: http://opencritic.com/game/2848/inside

As a side note, the game has the highest score predictions since we launched the feature in May. Will be curious to see how it does. The Kotaku preview sounded pretty great.

Shoot I keep forgetting to email you guys I have been sitting on that embargo for more than a damned week. LOL got to do a postit note on my PC or something

I saw it through, but I can agree that I found it pretty frustrating. The puzzles weren't always easy to execute even when I knew the solution and quickly got repetitive (you're really going to walk under a mind controlling parasite again?) and the jumping always felt very off. Specifically, there were lots of moments where I was expected to be able to jump over to the other side of a gap only to realize that it kept wanting me to not quite make it and climb up the ledge, and that always felt very unsatisfying... it might have been intentional, though.

I can totally see why people were into it at the time, but having played it for the first time a year ago, it already felt very dated. I really hope this isn't so similar that I don't enjoy it.

How does it feel dated? After playing it for the first time in over five years last week, I was surprised at how well the experience held up.

BTA

How does it feel dated? After playing it for the first time in over five years last week, I was surprised at how well the experience held up.

I dunno. It felt like something that would have been refined/polished more, as more would have been expected of it now. Lots of weird jumps and overly finicky puzzles that might not go over as well now with so so much else on the market.

Estocolmo

Why do people say it doesnt have any marketing when it was shown on E3? I cant Think of a better way to market this smaller type of game like this. And I cant see how you could market it with a flashy trailer, its not the type of game to be shown in that way.

I'll make one i guess

Kinda awful to search for reviews since everything leads me to the X1 hardware reviews from D1 lol

@nvm Embargo is in 4 hours :)

Damn trying to work out American time zones to GMT, look forward to seeing the reviews drop around 1pm my time then :)

mjp2417

Banned
Limbo was among the most frustrating games I have ever played. I just wanted it be over. And then to have be it over with no real ending was the final insult. I felt about that game the way some people feel about Souls games.

I can think of very few better endings in any video game. It said all that needed to be said with a sense of economy rare in the medium.

Mdk7

I'm curious to know more, certainly the marketing push is almost non-existent.
I'm also curious about the length, the price is 19.99€/$ and I think that if it's short a lot of people will wait for a price drop before buying it.

bede-x

I'm also curious about the length, the price is 19.99€/$ and I think that if it's short a lot of people will wait for a price drop before buying it.

I'll never understand why there's so much focus on length, but I guess that's why there's so much bloat in games these days. Just like it doesn't matter in itself if a movie is 30 minutes longer than another movie or a book is 500 pages, instead of a thousand pages. All that matters to me is whether or not it's worth spending time on. I feel much the same way about price..

I'll never understand why there's so much focus on length, but I guess that's why so there's so much bloat in games thes days. Just like it doesn't matter in itself if a movie is 30 minutes longer than another movie or a book is 500 pages, instead of a thousand pages. All that matters to me is whether or not it's worth spending time on. I feel much the same way about price..

This. You pay for quality, not length.

Journey sold just fine, this is a sequel to a hugely known and popular game in the indie scene, and this is about to get injected with a ton of good will and word of mouth once the reviews hits

It'll do fine. I imagine people are expecting Limbo-length anyway

Zombine

Banned
I still have that $10 from the Fallout thing, so I get this half off! So hyped. Limbo is one of my greatest gaming memories.

MouldyK

Question: Has anyone played Limbo while someone was watching?

Because that's the only way I played Limbo and really liked it. But my friend says that it ruins the atmosphere and refuses to play/watch INSIDE with me lol.

Zach

Question: Has anyone played Limbo while someone was watching?

Because that's the only way I played Limbo and really liked it. But my friend says that it ruins the atmosphere and refuses to play/watch INSIDE with me lol.
Yes, I played through it again just a few days ago with my lady friend and son. It was still great and they loved it.

But back to INSIDE: can't wait for the OT and reviews (even though I probably won't read anything until after I beat the game myself... >_>)!

I feel like almost nothing is known about the game....
Such a lust for information. "It's a LIMBO-y sequel by the guys who made LIMBO" is all some of us need (and want) to know. But I bet reviews will give you the info you seek.

noomi

Such a lust for information. "It's a LIMBO-y sequel by the guys who made LIMBO" is all some of us need (and want) to know. But I bet reviews will give you the info you seek.

I think that's part of the point. Apparently this game goes to some crazy places and to have a media blowout would ruin the experience.

Fair enough, as someone who really enjoyed Limbo I bet I would enjoy this as well. Just not really sure what I would be getting myself into :p

Fredrik

Fair enough, as someone who really enjoyed Limbo I bet I would enjoy this as well. Just not really sure what I would be getting myself into :p
As a father I'm honestly afraid of the dark minds of the devs lol but I'll still be there day 1, Limbo was fantastic, more worthy of the game can be art label than SotC imo.

Lady Gaia

Looks like it'll be a spectacular experience. Congratulations to Xbox One owners who have been looking for something unique to round out their catalog.

Top Bottom