• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comcept \ Releasing Backer-Exclusive Mighty Number 9 DLC To Everyone?

HUELEN10

MC8XY5H.jpg

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...Xel-Form/46c55d45-c1de-4406-8072-8d21a94f57a6

I saw this earlier today when a friend linked it to me. Basically, this MegaXel DLC was supposed to be backer-exclusive from what I've read, but seems to be going to be released to everyone instead. Now, I am a 3DS Ambassador person who kinda knew that those were never going to be offered to anyone outside the program. i was under the impression backers on this game project were ogling to be treated the same way.

On Xbox, it's easy to make something truly LE, just make it cost a gorlllion dollars so you can't actually buy it. Just like LE avatar items, guns and the like. They are thee,, but they cost a gorillion dollars.

Wouldn't the right thing have been to release a modified form with same functionality plus some unannounced content? That would keep the backer exclusive shit exclusive, while allowing everyone to give them more import, even backers, for new content.

This is kinda fucked up IMO if that's the case. If anyone knows more details or has any backer info, please post it.

HUELEN10

It's better than nothing.

that doesn't even make sense in this context. Some people paid more, years ahead, just to be treated exclusively.

It's like if Wayforward released the Blue Shantae costume to everyone, I'd be against it unless the everyone version was ever so slightly different.

that doesn't even make sense in this context. Some people paid more, years ahead, just to be treated exclusively.

It's like if Wayforward released the Blue Shantae costume to everyone, I'd be against it unless the everyone version was ever so slightly different.
Hold this L for not knowing this running joke by now

Things need to be put up on the shops to be given away. These things have store pages. Such as exclusive preorder content for games and etc. On PS4, you can visit these pages but you are straight up not allowed to buy them. It's probably the same thing here?

HUELEN10

Things need to be put up on the shops to be given away. These things have store pages. Such as exclusive preorder content for games and etc. On PS4, you can visit these pages but you are straight up not allowed to buy them. It's probably the same thing here?

No, there's clearly a release date of August 24th listed.

Jokes, man. Jokes.

Commo

Banned
I was a backer and I don't mind the backer-exclusive stuff no longer being exclusive.

But what I AM ticked off about is the physical rewards from Fangamer have been delayed to later this year.

Eusis

I don't really care about backers having any content for free for forever unless it's something like "Thanks for backing!" at the title screen or whatever.

Totally fine with making others pay a bit extra though, IE the backers get this for free while everyone else needs to pony up $2.

chrono01

I thought the Golden Beck skin with the exclusive item, unless we got this transformation as well? I don't know, it's been so long I can't even remember. :/

If this was exclusive, and they're giving it away to everyone...well, needless to say I won't be backing anything from Comcept every again. Not only were we unable to switch out our digital version with the physical one when it was announced (but hey, we'll get those super-awesome physical USB keys with a digital code on them!), and now they're seemingly giving away the few items that were actually limited to backers. I guess they'll hand out the Golden Beck costume soon enough, then. Add to this that backers STILL haven't received a large number of their physical rewards (I remember seeing Inafune draw/sign the Beck sketches at least a year ago). They kept saying "Oh! We don't want the artbook/strategy guide released before the game, 'cause of spoilers", so what's their excuse now?

Granted, it's not like these are important or anything, but if they do get this, later purchases basically get everything we do and with the option of having a physical copy. At least we have our names in the credits. Yay! /sarcasm

Berordn

I thought the Golden Beck skin with the exclusive item, unless we got this transformation as well? I don't know, it's been so long I can't even remember. :/

I was starting to think this replaced the Golden Beck for anyone unlucky enough to have backed it for more than 20 bucks.

I didn't get the MegaXel with my 20 dollar backing, anyway.

chrono01

I was starting to think this replaced the Golden Beck for anyone unlucky enough to have backed it for more than 20 bucks.

Yeah, according the Kickstarter campaign page:

Pledge $60 (Digital) or More:

Golden Beck
MegaXel Transformation

So I guess it was supposed to be exclusive.

TYRiAX

I pledged at the $80 level.

The game is such a let down I couldn't care less if the whole game was given away free let alone backer exclusive content

Gbraga

I think that's great, personally. Really hope the Bloodstained team does the same. I backed it to make sure I receive the Kickstarter exclusive stuff, but I think the content is way too awesome to be limited like that. Even if it's paid DLC, everyone should be able to have access to the Iga boss fight and the Swordwhip.

I think that's great, personally. Really hope the Bloodstained team does the same. I backed it to make sure I receive the Kickstarter exclusive stuff, but I think the content is way too awesome to be limited like that. Even if it's paid DLC, everyone should be able to have access to the Iga boss fight and the Swordwhip.
You have a heart of gold .

Dr. Letz Shake

Neo Member

I feel the same way. I admittedly get a little excited about having something that sold out quickly or there's only a few of; but doesn't everyone deserve the happiness we got from it?

I can see getting mad about this on top of everything else, though. They've treated people they promised to treat with higher regard than others as purses to be emptied for halfhearted attempts. I work in a hotel and that is truly the opposite of what one should expect from giving someone money for a premium.

graywolf323

Gold Member

I agree with this, to me it's not really any different from pre-order exclusive DLC except even easier to miss out on

dity

I originally backed at $20, got a refund, they fucked up and sent me codes anyway and I ended up with the MegaXel DLC. For $0.

Top Bottom