• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone anticipating the game I am Setsuna?

Absolutely! I would have wanted it portable but I heard unity runs like hot shit on a summer day on vita. So PC it is.

I also heard it's about twenty hours long which is a perfect time length.

I was kind of excited when they said in a press conference: "regarding Project Setsuna, we'd like to announce we have nothing to announce about it", when was that? in E3 2015?

Anyways, when they finally showed the game it didn't look as great as I thought it would be so I think I'll wait a little before deciding if I want to play it or not.

Hikami

Yep, ever since they showed the concept art for it a while back. Haven't been watching any recent trailers since I don't really need to see anymore, already sold on it.
Impressions on the Vita version did make me switch to getting it on PC though.

Definitely going to get it -- in the mood for a throwback jrpg with an elegiacal style.

Moving mid-July, too, and starting a new job late August, so going to be a good time for a smaller game.

44$ CDN is way too much for it.
Especially when people in the JP thread said game was really short and easy.

I'll get it on sale for sure though.

Joei

Very excited for it. I've read some very brief impressions that aren't exactly glowing, but I still plan on getting it. It sounds like it could be a great homage to old style RPGs.

Vertti

iirc the import impressions weren't super positive. The game is supposed to be good/alright but nothing that really gets me excited. I remember reading that the locations are very similar between each other. That's shame because Chrono Trigger has really good variety of environments.

So keeping an eye on the game but probably skipping it. I have unopened copy of Tokyo Mirage Session which probably fills my JRPG hunger.

Nestunt

Yes. But here's a problem. For years, I have been wishing for more turn-based games (one of my favorite genres). In the last year? Too many of these games. And great games!

Have to find time for it first.

Even though it has middling impressions I'm still super excited for it; finally a new JRPG that really appeals to me.

Bought day one just to show support, please SE take this further.

MoogPaul

40 for a digital copy seems like a hard pill to swallow. I might take my medicine anyway but I was hoping for a lower price or at least a disc copy for 40. Maybe something a little more than two themes.

Amirnol

I played what I assume is the intro at E3, it was like an hour long. The game looks really nice and appealing, seems to have some depth with the combat and customization of character abilities. I think I liked it, I will check it out probably when it releases. It really did feel like it would've been a perfect handheld game though.

muteki

I am but the timing is poor and as it is digital ps4 only I'm probably going to sleep on it for a while. Tons of JRPG stuff to get through and can probably catch on sale down the road.

What have the complaints from Japan been aside from lack of environmental variety?

I like visiting different environments in rpgs, but I also like the idea of a more environmentally coherent and consistent rpg, particularly if it's short.

ys45

Getting this day one .
I don't care about the price, the only thing I don't like is the game being digital only .

But a jrpg like Chrono Trigger ? Il be playing this day one for sure .

Cant seem to find/download the free themes. When I preordered I was just given the screen that tells you how long until it unlocks and that was it

What have the complaints from Japan been aside from lack of environmental variety?

I like visiting different environments in rpgs, but I also like the idea of a more environmentally coherent and consistent rpg, particularly if it's short.

This is definitely a selling point for me as well.

I was hype for a Vita release from the moment it debuted, but as is I'm drowning in games and taking it on any time soon at full price would be foolish of me.

Zedark

Definitely, the game somehow reminds me of final fantasy tactics GBA (only in terms of art style). Besides that, the gameplay looks gun, so a definite buy for me.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Not a fan of it being digital-only (especially when Japan got a physical copy with some beautiful cover art), the art style looks bland when compared to its gorgeous concept art, and import impressions were ho-hum. I'll get it but my expectations have been tempered. Hopefully it's successful enough that SE continues exploring this concept (the charming retro RPG on non-mobile platforms).

I've been excited for it since the first artwork came out - it looks like a love letter to Chrono Trigger, the best game ever made.

Dat first post. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar and never let their be any objections. Well done.

Hyped for the game, mainly due to the above. I've always widened why more games don't do combo attacks? No idea how CT turned out so good but we are well over twenty years later and I'm still waiting for a game that even touches it.

Also can't find the non import ps4 version on Amazon. That seems weird.

Mash83

Im definitely going to check it out. I really want it on my Vita but it looks like PS4 only for now at least stateside.

Would have been a must buy at 30, but 40 bucks seems a bit steep seeing how it's a tad on the short side. On the fence right now.

chrono01

My excitement for it died a bit, when I heard we weren't receiving a physical copy (seriously, SE? :/), but I'm still absolutely purchasing this Day One. That's saying a lot, since I hate digital purchases, but the game looks too amazing to pass up.

Top Bottom