• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orange (anime/tv) |OT| A Plea From the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickroach

so it kinda seems like Kakeru is still going to.... you know. hm.
like there was hardly any character building or noticable driving the plot forward in this ep, unless they're just kind of planting the seeds for the "you can't change the future" ending.

Linkark07

Banned
Too many death flags. Despite everything they are doing, Kakeru still wants to kill himself. Damn dude, value your life more.

And why these animes can't get a decent budget? The animation is getting worse each episode.

Too many death flags. Despite everything they are doing, Kakeru still wants to kill himself. Damn dude, value your life more.

And why these animes can't get a decent budget? The animation is getting worse each episode.

Budget isn't the problem. The problem is a tight schedule that gets tighter with every episode, so there's less and less time to be able to polish the animation and still have something to air every week. It's unfortunate, but insane time crunches are sadly a common occurrence in the anime industry. There's so many things that could go wrong at so many parts of the creation process. If the production committee isn't willing to give the production a big enough lead time and the animation producers at the studio aren't able to properly manage everything, this is what happens.

dickroach

yeah, i definitely noticed that. the chick with the black hair (forget her name) looked completely different this ep.
I liked the crayon-ish animation during the umbrella scene though.

Cornbread78

Kakeru no baka! Suwa says it's working since Kakeru was obviously jealous about Naho patching up Suwa, however, Kakeru is broken at the same time!

DTL must have been very happy this episode.

Nao and Kakeru are probably the 2 neediest fucks in fiction.

Also this episode had some super "quality".

Hagita is carrying the show.

SoldnerKei

I swear that if this show was focused on Suwa instead of these two air heads show would be more interesting #TeamSuwa

also it's kinda annoying how the last few episodes have been animated like crap, oh welp.

dickroach

I swear that if this show was focused on Suwa instead of these two air heads show would be more interesting #TeamSuwa

also it's kinda annoying how the last few episodes have been animated like crap, oh welp.

i'd totally watch a Suwa + Azusa/Hagita show. the characters in this show are so well defined A+++++

Cornbread78

i'd totally watch a Suwa + Azusa/Hagita show. the characters in this show are so well defined A+++++

Yeah, the characters and their interactions are excellent. The bro's are all good personalities and even if Awa's voice is super annoying, the girls are pretty good as well.

Linkark07

Banned
With this I really but really hope the suicide flags are gone. The race part looked great and it was touching to see how their messages gave Kakeru the strenght to win the race.

dickroach

With this I really but really hope the suicide flags are gone.
it definitely seems that way, but now I'm thinking an "and they all lived happily ever after" ending would be pretty lackluster.
super curious how they're gonna wrap it up; there's gotta only be 2 or 3 episodes left

dickroach

i still not get what is pushing Suwa to forfeit his married life and kill his son/daughter

interesting thought, but I don't think it's ever been stated that any of the characters know what does happen in the future, they just know they have to save Kakeru. it'd be interesting to see if it would have played out differently if Suwa did know that if he did nothing he 100% ends up marrying Naho.

AlucardGV

Banned
interesting thought, but I don't think it's ever been stated that any of the characters know what does happen in the future, they just know they have to save Kakeru. it'd be interesting to see if it would have played out differently if Suwa did know that if he did nothing he 100% ends up marrying Naho.

i'm talking about future suwa. future suwa, married and with a kid is sending a letter in the past to make his wife date his deceased friend since they both loved each other. sound like a recipe for disaster to me
unless we go in the multiverse theory, but still you'll do a disservice to all the alternate suwas. am i a fool to expect an explaination for the time traver letters?

dickroach

i'm talking about future suwa. future suwa, married and with a kid is sending a letter in the past to make his wife date his deceased friend since they both loved each other. sound like a recipe for disaster to me
unless we go in the multiverse theory, but still you'll do a disservice to all the alternate suwas. am i a fool to expect an explaination for the time traver letters?

oh, duh. I'd assume the show exists in some sort of multiverse; no reason they would have thrown that scene with the professor talking about it in otherwise.
+ I dunno if the letters will be explained., but I'd assume the grandma has to be the catalyst for having them sent, right?... like she's the only one in those future scenes who isn't one of the five kids :/

Cornbread78

Oh my, that race was excellent and felt so damn good! The final message to Kakeru was great and really heartfelt. I mean, this show has a ton of heart both uplofting and painful, but this one moved the needle in the right direction and felt great.

How does Suwa stay strong through this even though he knows the future him? Something else mush happen in the final couple episodes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Goddammit Kakeru, why murder your phone?

Naho is such a goof, knows what is going to happen and still picks a fight with Kakeru and lets him leave angrily. Be more assertive, ffs.

Linkark07

Banned
I sometimes wonder how Naho has so many friends; she is so stupid sometimes. Despite knowing what will happen, she still does it. Dammit.

And Suwa continues being a bro. And will always be. One of the best bros ever.

Razmos

I swear they hit Naho over the head with a "stupid as fuck" mallet in this episode just so they could have drama for the final episode.

I was literally shouting at my screen when she was like "lol your grandma will be fine, stay with meeee" like really girl, it's not even about being smart, have some compassion, he lost his mother because of what he perceives as his fault, and the only family he has left he realized there is a possibility he could lose them and wants to be with them.

I don't root for them at all. And watching Suwa sabotage his own happiness for them is the real tragic story here. I've long since stopped caring about Kakeru since its obvious he's going to end up dying anyway of generic terminal anime protagonist disease like in all these animes (they have no symptoms apart from fainting once or twice or something and then suddenly they are dying and have a week to live)

dickroach

whoa.

Kakeru's kind of a dick. +Naho really should have just said "let me come with you to your grandmother's house" -__- give me that Hagita and Zuwa (is that her name? it's something like that) spinoff already.
is the next ep the last one?

Cornbread78

Dammit Naho, how can you screw it up that badly when you know what's going to happen. You keep freezing under pressure! Go home with him, so he's not alone!

dickroach

welp; there's the reveal on how the letters got sent back. pretty dumb, but there's no way for the whole thing not to be kinda dumb. it's time travel in a very un-sci-fi show

pretty convinced Kakeru's still gonna off himself. this episode showed how the gang was able to change nearly every negative from timeline 1 in their current timeline, but once it got to the fight between him and Naho shortly before he killed himself, the scenes were identical. stoked for 13; it's been a fun ride but I'm ready to see how it ends.

Cornbread78

Damn, I actually felt a twinge of saddness there at the end. I'm really not sure if they can actually save him, but seeing the two timelines side by side shows how difficult it has been on everyone...

RangerBAD

This was a really good final episode. I had a few moments there at the end that really got to me.
I was fine with the epilogue not showing us the future with Kakeru. Also that they would continue to make sure they didn't lose Kakeru.
Kakeru is so loved by his friends.

I wonder if the movie coming out in November is a compilation movie. Considering how soon it's coming out it's probably a compilation.

Aiii

So not worth it
Very emotional and satisfying ending. Glad they made it extra long, too. Very nice to see both futures existing simultaneously, Suwa made one hell of a gamble there.

The anime film is a retelling of the story from Suwa's POV, very much looking forward to that. Going to read the manga before that, and probably watch the live action movie, too.

Cornbread78

Damn, that was good... damn good. They put a lot of thought and emotion into that ending to make it satisfying for all parties, including Suwa. That scene definately put a smile on my face! I guess in the end, this show did everything it set out to do by saving Kakeru, explain the time questions and give everyobe a happy ending... Beautiful!

This will rank high on my AOTY rankings if for nothing else than that ending was great!

dickroach

weird final shot; you'd think they would have shown 26 year old Naho and Kakeru together, but no, it was still her and Suwa. whatup with that?

Cornbread78

weird final shot; you'd think they would have shown 26 year old Naho and Kakeru together, but no, it was still her and Suwa. whatup with that?

Well, it made the Suwa shippers happy, but it proves that there were multiple timelines (parallal timelines) which were used to save Kakeru and it didn't rewrite their life together by saving him in an alternate timeline. I actually really appreciated that shot as they cemented that family/timeline and didn't destroy what they have. They talked about it last week when they sent the letters as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom