• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wait is over - First PS3 Ad

Draff

I actually saw this last week at the movie theatre before watching the Departed. I wasn't expecting a PS3 commercial at all.

HowardMoon said:
Wow, even the 360's 'jump in' ads were much better then this trash, sony is usually on the ball with marketing... well at least it has been on the PSP.

Wait, your idea of Sony's ads being on the ball is their PSP campaigns? WTF?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Doom_Bringer said:
"The wait is over" "Playstation 3"

yeahh... spiderman...something something

Hey why do you guys think this looks like of Spiderman 3 commerical? (Not saying you do D_B)

Zierath

This ad does not seem to actually advertise anything. Anyone that doesn't know about the Spiderman font=PS3 thing won't have a clue as to what this is about.

teiresias

MobiusPigeon said:
full version of the best damn ad ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQsJdmuCTEU

What does this have to do with the PS3 ad?

Do none of you remember the PS9 commercials they used for the PS2 launch? This "out there" and "ambiguous" advertising is pretty standard operating procedure for Sony around launch times of hardware.

Zierath said:
This ad does not seem to actually advertise anything. Anyone that doesn't know about the Spiderman font=PS3 thing won't have a clue as to what this is about.

It freaking says "PLAYSTATION 3" at the end of the ad!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Zierath said:

Erm, this is what it shows at the end of the ad:

THE WAIT IS OVER

PLAYSTATION 3

human5892

Queen of Denmark
The ad's intriguing if you go into it not knowing what it's trying to sell, and as Amirox said it does convey the impression that we're on the threshold of a significant event. I think it's a conceptually sound ad.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I liked it, it was really mysterious, although the Spiderman font looks terrible.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
I hate it. If an ad isn't going to advertise the product directly, I like to see something clever or funny or entertaining in some way. Even if it was simply provocative in some way, I think I'd like it more. As it is, it's boring and the story it tells is kind of lame. Bleh.

Christopher

...are people really bitching about a font? the ****?

anyway sleek, stylish, and gives you a feeling of anticipation. Well done Sony.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Dragona Akehi said:
The hell?

I don't "get it".

Ummm the kids are preparing for the launch of the PS3, the sameway people in Indepence Day were preparing for aliens in that movie.

It's quite simple actually. Simple commercial, yet brillant.

Safe Bet

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
I don't "get it".
jesuscloudiy5.jpg

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
The kid can't wait to get the 600$ out of his backpack to hook up a PS3 to the 1080p TV he is hiding in his room.

Matix

I guess its alright for a pre-launch (hype) commercial, but the shit is still kinda off (I doubt to many kids will be purchasing a PS3 this year). Anyway, PS9-Ad FTW !!

mckmas8808 said:
Ummm the kids are preparing for the launch of the PS3, the sameway people in Indepence Day were preparing for aliens in that movie.

It's quite simple actually. Simple commercial, yet brillant.

I'm guessing "independence day" was a movie.

Top Bottom