• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter for PS4, Xbox One launches July 26

Before someone ask, the PS Vita port was still in development last April, but it needs more optimization. It will not be cross-buy with the PS4 version.

Nooooooo! Was the cross buy thing always not happening, or is this a revision? For some reason, I thought it would be a cross buy title.

Also, nooooooooo! :'O

EDIT: I'm sad about the delayed, not the lack of cross buy. I'll gladly support a dev.

Peltz

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. Opinions about it are all over the road but I love the feel these developers are going for in footage I've seen.

The Disasterpiece made soundtrack is also a huge selling point for me after hearing his soundtrack in FEZ. He has the ability to elevate a game experience with sound and give it a true sense of presence.

J-Skee

V8IAF3tC735Dy.gif

Helped fund this game years ago. I'm so ready.

thenexus6

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. Opinions about it are all over the road but I love the feel these developers are going for in footage I've seen.

The Disasterpiece made soundtrack is also a huge selling point for me after hearing his soundtrack in FEZ. He has the ability to elevate a game experience with sound and give it a true sense of presence.

Its hands down the best game soundtrack for me so far this year, and I haven't even played the game. Hearing it alongside the game is going to be magical.

JonnyKong

Pre ordered this last night.

Probably gonna be too difficult for me, but I really want to play it, and most of all, hear the soundtrack.

sheaaaa

Thought HLD was pretty acclaimed, didn't think opinions are all over the road at all. It's a fantastic game, one of the best of the year so far.

Thought HLD was pretty acclaimed, didn't think opinions are all over the road at all. It's a fantastic game, one of the best of the year so far.

All over the road is accurate if said road starts at "average" and ends at "absolutely excellent". Lots of people expressed disappointment in the game, but no one seems to think it's bad, just average at absolute worst. 30 fps is one of the main complaints I think

sheaaaa

All over the road is accurate if said road starts at "average" and ends at "absolutely excellent". Lots of people expressed disappointment in the game, but no one seems to think it's bad, just average at absolute worst. 30 fps is one of the main complaints I think

Maybe I missed those, I was under the impression this was well loved. It's sitting at 84 on Metacritic and Steam reviews are very positive. But I can see why 30fps would be a complaint. It'd be so much better if it were smoother, but fantastic game nonetheless

SublimeO12

Neo Member
All I can say is, guys, please buy this. I'll be picking up a second copy when it hits Vita. This game is amazing. Incredible gameplay, sound design, and visual presentation. Easily game of the year.

Justinian

Are there any impressions of the PS4 version's performance? I heard the PC version started out rather finicky.

Have cleared most of the north and west areas and have not seen any performance issues. Solid 30 fps so far. Will report if anything comes up later.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Do backers get a PS4 for free? One of the latest updates seem to imply it or I might have been a chump and misread it.

I'm pumped. Also, knowing my boy Disasterpiece scored this makes me even more pumped. Downloading now.

I was on the fence but immediately pre-ordered after I read that Disasterpeace is involved.

No regrets

So far it's less melodic and more broody/droning compared to something like FEZ, but it's very atmospheric

ieatzombies

I was on the fence but immediately pre-ordered after I read that Disasterpeace is involved.

No regrets

So far it's less melodic and more broody/droning compared to something like FEZ, but it's very atmospheric
It's downloading at a better pace now. Really ready to play this. It sounds like it's cool to hear a new vibe on the score and I'm awaiting this game patiently.

ieatzombies

My friends. Get this. For real. It's amazing. You almost decrypt what is going on through text and visuals. The score is sex.

In really large and busy areas there is a slight stutter, but from what I can tell nothing that actually reduces frame rate and controller response.

A minor annoyance and hopefully they can patch it out.

Played for a few hours tonight, performance didn't bother me at all up until this point. This game is really something special.

Kyonashi

Incorrect. Many of the pledge levels included an additional copy on a console of your choice.

Oh, this is correct, but from the wording of the original post I would have guessed that if this person had put in extra cash they'd know if they were getting the secondary copy. My post was in referral to the base pledge level for the full game.

Top Bottom