• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No NX Version Of FFXV Currently Planned

FFXV releases on september, NX At least 6 months later (including a holyday period).
I know that nintendo needs third party support, but they do not need late ports at all.

BuggyMike

Seems very strange that anyone could have thought there was a chance of this happening.
Lol what? The game's coming out near the launch of Nintendo's next home console and they're talking about a PC port down the line. They've already announced the next DQ for NX. Its not guaranteed bun come on. Saying there isnt a chance is a bit over the top. I think its reasonable to at least speculate over it.

MacTag

Banned
Nintendo hasn't gotten a "Main Series" Final Fantasy since 1994, I can't imagine why anyone thought that would change suddenly.
Well, I guess because FF is multiplatform now and for the first time Nintendo might have a console capable of running it. It's not like it's stayed off Nintendo consoles "just because".

MuchoMalo

Banned
Dat non-news. They always say that until they announce a thing.

In VG-World "not currently planned" just is a polite way of saying "stfu, this is not in our PR/marketing plan right now, ask about what we have announced already!"

edit: before anyone misunderstands this as a "omg they're keeping it secret, guyz! konfirmed!!!" post - no.

No, they would say something along the lines of "we haven't announced that" or "it's something to consider in the future." A flat-out denial is a flat-out denial.

Considering the sales target for this game and the fact that Wii U did decently in Japan for a console at this time, I think it may be more power related than them just not believing it's worth it. We'll see, but if Nintendo can't even get Japanese support they're done for.

Comet

We have already passed 20 years without a main line Final Fantasy game appearing on a Nintendo console. My goodness time flies.

Well, I guess because FF is multiplatform now and for the first time Nintendo might have a console capable of running it. It's not like it's stayed off Nintendo consoles "just because".
Gamecube was capable of FFX-XII, Wii U probably capable of XIII.

Ray Down

Banned
Lol what? The game's coming out near the launch of Nintendo's next home console and they're talking about a PC port down the line. They've already announced the next DQ for NX. Its not guaranteed bun come on. Saying there isnt a chance is a bit over the top. I think its reasonable to at least speculate over it.

What?

There about a 6 month gap between 15 and when the NX will launch. And SE didn't officially announce DQ for NX that was Horri who is known for saying stuff he shouldn't and we still don't know what version he was talking about.

So even a machine translation (that anyone could do to this site, I might add) makes this even more of a non-story despite people are making out to be a condemnation.

So yeah, this is truly a nothingburger that people are turning into "proof" that 3rd-parties intend to abandon Nintendo again.

It was also a time before a Final Fantasy multi-plat was actually a THING. That didn't happen until XIII.

More people need to listen to this post.

Gutss

Sony and micro cowboys keeps on trigger happying when nintendo gets no favors even if its a non news, #expected.

Whoahh!! is this real im a member now? thanks gaf, thanks mods.

AdanVC

Fuck :( Will have to buy now a PS4 in order to play FFXV. I was hoping they will announce an NX version as well. Maybe once Nintendo finally reveals the console Square could came up with something?? Fingers crossed. With a Link outfit for Noctis and gang as a exclusive feature.

Astral Dog

SHOCK NEWS.

If a AAA SE game is coming to NX, i expect it to be Kingdom Hearts 3 (and DQ). Of course that also depends on how much the NX sells.

They are busy (struggling) now with the current ports, and it would come late so there is no point.

BuggyMike

What?

There about a 6 month gap between 15 and when the NX will launch. And SE didn't officially announce DQ for NX that was Horri who is known for saying stuff he shouldn't and we still don't know what version he was talking about.

6 months doesnt seem like much when they're discussing the possiblity of a PC port. like I said earlier though, it isnt guarenteed but its at least worthy of speculation. I dont see it as impossible if the NX does well and they're doing a PC port later on anyway. Weather it would sell so late is another discussion.

ika

If NX is capable enough of getting KH3, FFXV or FFVII-R, they'll port at least one of them. After DQX&XI "announcements" and the FFXIV "consideration", I'm sure S-E is this time one of the first Japanese developers with NX kits and been in talks with Iwata since its inception.

FFVII-R is IMO the one we'll see. No evidence, no proof, but I have that feeling since I read "Play it first on PS4" on reveal trailer, just like when I had the feeling FFvXIII would become FFXV like 5+ years ago when the game went supposed "development hell" and mysteriously disappeared.

Maybe I'm wrong though :p I hope we learn soon enough. All the "mainline FF in Nintendo IMPOSSIBLE!" crowd here can laugh at me then... But even if the games don't come to NX, the arguments given to "NEVAH.gif" are very flawed.

What makes you say this?

It's probably because of the pessimism with Nintendo as of recent.

But they have had HUGE hits with Breath of the Wild, mini NES, and Go.

It should make some people optimistic for the NX that they are going the right moves, but not so I guess.

I'm still pretty optimistic that FFXV could come to NX myself.

KingJ2002

Well... this is really non news... the system isn't even announced yet. S-E could eventually release it along with other titles such as World of Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc.... but there has to be an audience first. One that will buy their titles... if it's a repeat of other generations then it will be doubtful we will ever see a mainline FF title on a Nintendo console again.

it would be a good time to do so though... especially with S-E coming out with remaster after another... if those were released on NX... paired with the virtual console... FF fans could have the full mainline Final Fantasy experience.

What makes you say this?

#talesofmyass

Not really. Square Enix hasn't fully committed to a Nintendo console in like 20 years and it's simply not likely Nintendo ever gets them again regardless of hardware. Nintendo's focus first and foremost is on their own software and the NX is going to be used to house almost all of it from the point it releases on. It doesn't take a lot of brain power to figure that one out. Nintendo has had almost 20 years now to get the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Capcom, Activision, etc. to take them just as seriously as MS and Sony. But they haven't. In fact they've completely squandered it. At this point, the audience for all of Square Enix's big games is on Sony and if you want Kingdom Hearts 3 and that FFVII remake, you more likely than not already bought a PS4. There's no reason for NX versions to exist. The audience simply isn't big enough.

Don't expect third parties to fully commit to Nintendo ever again.

Ray Down

Banned
Fuck :( Will have to buy now a PS4 in order to play FFXV. I was hoping they will announce an NX version as well. Maybe once Nintendo finally reveals the console Square could came up with something?? Fingers crossed. With a Link outfit for Noctis and gang as a exclusive feature.

Just buy a PS4, instead of hoping for a NX port that may not happen at all.

It sounded to me like Tabata's team was interested in creating an advanced port for PC (and presumably PS4 Neo and Scorpio) based on interviews. Makes it seem like a possibly diminished port to NX wouldn't be high on their list of priorities, but I haven't been keeping up to date on the NX's specs so I could be very wrong.

Let'sGoTenjiku

Neo Member
That Peach
Stella
Luna outfit.

8vvIj

MuchoMalo

Banned
It sounded to me like Tabata's team was interested in creating an advanced port for PC (and presumably PS4 Neo and Scorpio) based on interviews. Makes it seem like a possibly diminished port to NX wouldn't be high on their list of priorities, but I haven't been keeping up to date on the NX's specs so I could be very wrong.

There's been nothing to keep up on. Nearly everyone is saying something different. The most common thing seen is that it's close to Xbone.

Why would they announce FF XV for the platform when NX isn´t released 2016 and wasn´t even shown to the public yet? They could make a late port/remaster, but they want it to sell in 2016. FF is coming on every platform that can handle it. They would put it on a toaster if they could.

NX is never getting FFXV, it's also never getting FFVIIR or Kingdom Hearts III.

This is the first bit of sense in this thread. What makes you guys think the NX is getting any of these games, at all? It is much more likely it gets nothing. There hasn't been a mainline FF on a Nintendo console since 6, that is not likely to change anytime soon.

Also FFXIII not being on the Wii was a sales hit? Madness in this thread. FFXIII couldn't have been on the Wii, the Wii simply didn't have the power.

This is the first bit of sense in this thread. What makes you guys think the NX is getting any of these games, at all? It is much more likely it gets nothing. There hasn't been a mainline FF on a Nintendo console since 6, that is not likely to change anytime soon.

Also FFXIII not being on the Wii was a sales hit? Madness in this thread. FFXIII couldn't have been on the Wii, the Wii simply didn't have the power.
But there were reasons for why a Nintendo console hasn't had a mainline Final Fantasy since 6. Since 7 and up to the release of the PS3, they were exclusive to Sony systems. Since last gen, the games went multiplatform but they couldn't make the game for the Wii for obvious reasons. The Wii U can't get 15 but the NX can, the first Nintendo system that actually can realistically get a mainline Final Fantasy. Not to say that it will but it's chances of getting 15 aren't as bad as people are making it out to be

But there were reasons for why a Nintendo console hasn't had a mainline Final Fantasy since 6. Since 7 and up to the release of the PS3, they were exclusive to Sony systems. Since last gen, the games went multiplatform but they couldn't make the game for the Wii for obvious reasons. The Wii U can't get 15 but the NX can, the first Nintendo system that actually can realistically get a mainline Final Fantasy. Not to say that it will but it's chances of getting 15 aren't as bad as people are making it out to be

That's a rather bizarre assumption to make considering we don't even know if the NX can run Final Fantasy XV.

Also these "FFXV on NX" reminds me of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=40&v=Jjal3E6-sk0

Famassu

After playing the demos, neither do the Xbox One or PS4.
Again, Episode Duscae doesn't have too many problems running on PS4. There are dips, but for a big portion of the time it maintains a perfectly respectable framerate for a demo of a game 1,5 years from release (there are released, finished games with far worse performance). The dips are mostly to something like 25-27fps, rarely if almost ever going below that, which isn't all that bad. Platinum Demo is a rushed demo by a small team + Tabata said that they had just done some major changes under the hood as they are still working on the game's engine, which they didn't have time to optimize before the release of the demo.

The demo at E3 ran at a mostly stable 30fps on PS4 and IIRC wasn't all that much worse on Xbone either. So PS4 & Xbone are seemingly running it just fine. So stop with the dumb hyperbole.

honestly its more their engine sucks rather than the consoles not being able to handle it
The engine doesn't suck. If they can just polish up the IQ a little bit, it'll be one of the best looking multiplatform games around. I mean, FFXV will be a game with an open world with dynamic day/night cycle, dynamic weather, you can fly high up in the air, some pretty incredible animation work, all kinds of complex simulations in addition to weather & day/night cycle, there are skyscraper-sized monsters/creatures in the middle of huge cities and effects up your ass etc.. That they've seemingly been able to make it run smoothly is no small feat, pretty much the opposite of the engine sucking. Sure, it's no Horizon, but multiplatform games rarely can push hardware quite as hard as exclusive 1st party games.

BD1

Banned
Who knows. If NX is a reasonable hit, and the console is powerful enough, and porting is as easy as some have rumored, then it could very easily get a port. If there is some gimmick or hook with NX, it could potentially take advantage of that.

We don't know what NX is, so we don't know what games could, will or should be on the platform.

All that being said, just give us Super Mario RPG-2!

Famassu

Latest rumors have it not running to hot three months out from launch.
What rumors? The latest we've actually SEEN from the game, it was running at a nearly stable 30fps at E3.

EDIT: Ah, those rumors, they are pretty likely total & utter BS. Some of those claims are utterly ridiculous.

Top Bottom