• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS3 Snake Eater trailer (pachinko)

giphy.gif

Fuck me that looks amazing

Cant Konami release like...an updated cut together movie for this? Or just remake the damn game since they already have the curscenes?

Wouldn't a straight up remake with Fox Engine and the MGS V mechanics be a realitivly safe investment? I mean, they certainly already have some of the character assets.

DerZuhälter;210041079 said:
Wouldn't a straight up remake with Fox Engine and the MGS V mechanics be a realitivly safe investment? I mean, they certainly already have some of the character assets.

It looks like they are using the Fox Engine to make the cutscenes

Thats the rub

Foxxsoxx

All the potential.. Just remake the older games. I just don't understand.

Please help me understand... It's like they're sitting on mountains of guaranteed money and are too stupid to realize it so they go make... this.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Konami said they'd keep making MGS games, right? Maybe they'll just dump these assets into a remake and rake in the cash. They'd get money from pachinko and make a "new" game that sells a lot at the same time.

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy shit they remade like every cutscene in the game. And they waste it on a fucking pachinko machine. I hate them so much...

FUCK YOU, KONAMI, YOU FUCKS.

GunBR

DerZuhälter;210041079 said:

Well, Konami already said that they would keep making Metal Gear games.

I rdon't wanna play a 6 without Kojima, but would be real interested in some remakes. Actually I would buy remakes of all of them, from original MG to MGS 4

Man what the hell, they rendered a shitload of moments from the game, I can't comprehend the colossal effort it must have taken for a silly little slot machine.

Really hope we get a remake of MGS3 though, maybe is there way of seeing if there's a demand?

Zomba13

Do Pachinko machines with this much effort in the cutscenes really do that much better than other kinds? How well did their Erotic Action Castlevania do compared to "normal" Pachinko? Is it really worth this kind of investment, remaking a large amount of a games cutscenes in a new engine, just to sell pachinko machines? Why not just use cutscenes from the HD releases?

Holy shit they remade like every cutscene in the game. And they waste it on a fucking pachinko machine. I hate them so much...

FUCK YOU, KONAMI, YOU FUCKS.

Which actually made the cutscene that occurs at the end of the Virtuous Mission (where Boss dislocates Snake's elbow) stand out because that was the original PS2 cutscene. I'm not sure why they didn't remake that as well.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Quick screengrabs:

AyEpFeV.jpg

8QMlzCa.jpg

Dyy4xix.jpg

DX8a0GD.jpg

Do Pachinko machines with this much effort in the cutscenes really do that much better than other kinds? How well did their Erotic Action Castlevania do compared to "normal" Pachinko? Is it really worth this kind of investment, remaking a large amount of a games cutscenes in a new engine, just to sell pachinko machines? Why not just use cutscenes from the HD releases?

Yeah that's what's puzzling me, there's no way they make enough off the machines to justify such an effort right?

Vex_

Banned
That... that doesn't look like CGI.

So much work put into this graphically. I... hmmm. I just..... hmmm.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
FML.

Those graphics make me want to play this game. Ugh, why Konami? I don't have access to Pachinko.

I'll do anything for MGS3 on the Fox Engine. Anything.

Soulflarz

Banned
so mgs3 remake hype is suddenly alive right

this seems like a lot of work for a slot machine

never be game over GAF, never be game over

Top Bottom