• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

After a bit of downtime due to broken phone, I went hunting again.
- Missed a Rhydon because I couldn't find parking, but got a Mr Mime from a Lure.
- Got enough Eevee for two Vaporeon (a Rainer and a Pyro evolved in two Vaporeon) so either I went Rainer -> Sparky -> Pyro in my first run or the trick doesn't work a second time anymore.
- Managed another 1200 Hypno which means I should really start dumping those. Seven is really enough. Maybe use some and just don't heal them.
- Evolved a 730 CP Slowpoke which is now my second strongest Pokémon, a 1600+ Slowbro. Good enough to replace the old one.
- Managed to find enough Clefairy and Seel for my first Clefable and Dewgong.

KingBroly

Banned
Caught another Snorlax today. I also got a 2nd Gym so I got 20 Coins. A 3rd Gym popped up, but I wasn't able to hold it. Oh well. I at least have over 90 Balls total now, which is better than the 0 I had before going out.

zroid

Banned
Man, I was out shopping and there were two (!!) Pokémon on my sightings which I'd never seen before.

But it was just really bad time and place, impossible to go lurking around to try and find them at that moment. So disappointing. :(

Finally, new apartment with a Pokestop right next to it that I can access from home! So I just dropped my extra Potions and Revives and started stocking up on some balls. There also seem to be two pokemon spawns, but it's mostly Pidgeys, Rattatas and Weedles.

chunk3rvd

Just spent a week in Italy (getting married) and much to my new wife's annoyance I managed to catch a few rare Pokemon while I was there. Also ended up annoyed with myself when I caught a random Eevee while walking the streets and instead of hitting the X, I hit evolve and turned him into my first Vaporeon. Well, in a spot of luck I just checked and it turns out the little bugger has 97.8% IV!

Xv9eBU5.jpg

Is this still worth investing in despite the low CP and Aqua Tail? I have tonnes of Stardust (but a little low on candy right now) so I'm sure I could pump it pretty high. Would I just be better waiting for one with Hydro Pump?

This weekend was a lot of fun, got to take my parents around catching with them when they came to visit. Caught a decent amount of Squirtles and Bulbas and a couple Charmanders.

Finally got this guy while at the grocery store.

Then I hatched two 2ks today and both gave me Pikachus so this happened

Sometime in the next few days, if the spawns stay the way they are now, I will have enough for Venusaur and Wartortle

Sitting at 96 for Bulbas and 84 on Squirtle candies. So....close....

Firemind

Just spent a week in Italy (getting married) and much to my new wife's annoyance I managed to catch a few rare Pokemon while I was there. Also ended up annoyed with myself when I caught a random Eevee while walking the streets and instead of hitting the X, I hit evolve and turned him into my first Vaporeon. Well, in a spot of luck I just checked and it turns out the little bugger has 97.8% IV!

Is this still worth investing in despite the low CP and Aqua Tail? I have tonnes of Stardust (but a little low on candy right now) so I'm sure I could pump it pretty high. Would I just be better waiting for one with Hydro Pump?
Hydro Pump for attacking gyms. Water Pulse for defending.

I don't even bother attacking other factions now. That just incites them to take it over since you're alone at defending. What I do is join gyms, especially those with a few 1700+ cp dudes. Best are 2500+. Put another high cp of your own and you can defend it for days, especially now with the cost of revives which has a seriously low drop rate by the way.

Pachimari

I'm gaining xp in my bed.

Sitting with both iPad and Android phone keeping an eye on Pokemon. Somebody cast a lure just outside my apartment, so there should be some activity.

Finally, new apartment with a Pokestop right next to it that I can access from home! So I just dropped my extra Potions and Revives and started stocking up on some balls. There also seem to be two pokemon spawns, but it's mostly Pidgeys, Rattatas and Weedles.

lure module and TV watching sounds like a pretty sweet way to unwind at home

AdanVC

lmao I just spend like an hour calculating IVs and getting rid of useless pokemon since I already hit the 250 mark of pokemon catched. I felt like a true nerd this time haha

Durden77

I thought the appraisal feature was going to be super dumb, but it's actually pretty awesome for people like me that want a general idea of Poke's IV's but don't want to go insane going down that rabbit hole.

GulAtiCa

Well... While going to The Original Pancake House for lunch (since it was a pokestop). I dropped my phone and completely broke. Woops! I was planning of getting a new one soon anyways, this just forced my hands. lol

Oh well, bought a brand new phone afterwards, I found a Gastly, which gave me enough to get my Gengar as well as found an 887 Exeggutor on my way home. So 2 brand new pokemon for me! I already have enough to evolve another too, so just waiting for one with good stats.

So I got a Venomoth while walking around... with 22 CP. Fuck. At least that's 500 more XP from a new pokemon.

Do you try to go for "Great!" throws? I've been trying to go for those, but it's annoying to time with all those ball resisting and dodging moves. "Excellent!" seems to be just about getting lucky so I'm not trying those.

Curve balls only give +10 xp so they seem pointless, you get the same from a "Nice!" which is easier to aim.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
- Got enough Eevee for two Vaporeon (a Rainer and a Pyro evolved in two Vaporeon) so either I went Rainer -> Sparky -> Pyro in my first run or the trick doesn't work a second time anymore.
Never worked more than once in the first place.

So, why do Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan have such low CP caps? It's not like the typing / moveset would make it OP because everyone and their mothers have higher CP Pidgeot and there's a bunch of fairly common Psychic types running around. What's the point in them being so weak on top of being extremely rare?

Never worked more than once in the first place.

So, why do Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan have such low CP caps? It's not like the typing / moveset would make it OP because everyone and their mothers have higher CP Pidgeot and there's a bunch of fairly common Psychic types running around. What's the point in them being so weak on top of being extremely rare?

Poor HP stat.

zulux21

is there a site to easily check ideal move sets for pokemon?

I have a few that I want to see how their moves compare to the best ones before I put any stardust into them (i already built up a flareon for the fun of it despite a meh move set because she is adorable)

Biske

Not worth the investment at all.

Wait tell you are getting like 600 CP eevees and evolves those ones, you'll get Vaporeons up in the 1600+ plus range.

The Best one is still by that guy who said:

OT: 15 Million Ran Away
I like it.

Do you try to go for "Great!" throws? I've been trying to go for those, but it's annoying to time with all those ball resisting and dodging moves. "Excellent!" seems to be just about getting lucky so I'm not trying those.

Curve balls only give +10 xp so they seem pointless, you get the same from a "Nice!" which is easier to aim.

Has it ever been definitively determined as to whether small circles increase your catch rate regardless, or if you have to get the bonus in order to get the catch rate increase? Do we even have proper proof of there being a catch rate increase?

Podge293

Caught a Mr Mime in the wild, then got my 10k egg that also had a Mr Mime. Fun times.

Also found a doduo nest when I was out walking. Gonna hit it up tomorrow and evolve it up

03sho

So a Ninetales showed up on the Liverpool waterfront yesterday, only problem was it was on the Mersey Ferry jetty which was closed off. It was just out of range for most people but a few managed to snag it.

Hehe I was there when it spawned. Never popped for me though

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hatched an Abra weeks ago, found a Kadabra in the wild today. Hope I can get an Alakazam eventually, love Abra and its evolutions.

edit: just found my first Snorlax too. Woohoo!

ReyBrujo

I work virtually next to a building that was blown up in a terrorist attack over 20 years ago down here in Argentina. The whole street got plaques, which we submitted for Ingress over 3 years ago. Since they were accepted, these 4 blocks have been a permanent green beacon, as right now we are 5 Enlightened players vs 1 Resistance one, plus several others who live around. Blue players got to team in order to take down this farm, as we are permanently in the area protecting it.

Recently a similar bill was proposed. It actually doesn't fine game maker, it just wants to stop any kind of GPS-based game in certain areas out of respect to the victims. We will see what happens.

Vipu

Banned
Just found out today there was 1 more gym in my city, so 10 total (1 almost impossible to get in middle of forest on lake on island).
Will get that island gym at winter when ice is strong enough to walk on and hope not too many other people have found it.

AdanVC

pokemonnearby showed me a Magmar near me but it was raining a little bit and I have one already but their CP and IVs suck so even with the little rain going in, decided to go catch him and omfg it was so worth it!

When I saw his CP I thought it was going to be a pain in the butt to catch him but surprisingly, I only used a berry and a single ultra ball and boom! And it has 88% IVs!

Hatched a bunch of my eggs today. Pretty much all were 5K....kind of junk stuff I don't really need like Tentacool, but a few other stuff like Nidoran Female which I need for evolutions

Azuran17

Neo Member
10 min walk from my house and a guaranteed-

I usually just take down all 3 gyms and leave them empty until i see a valor take it for me and i back them up.( The one apart from the rest is a 3 min walk away from the 2. Also those arent my dragonites ;; )

Worth it or find a better route? Living just south of san francisco

10 min walk from my house and a guaranteed-

I usually just take down all 3 gyms and leave them empty until i see a valor take it for me and i back them up. Then one apart from the 2 is like 3 min walk.

Worth it or find a better route? Living just south of san francisco

Sounds good. I think most people are having trouble taking even one gym over so I'd say if you can do that pretty regularly you'll be set.

Also [revving intensifies]. Sit tight

Tap the button to confirm you're a passenger!

krae_man

Taking out a gym isn't too hard. You could brute force it with taking 6 pokemon to take out one if you need to(assuming you have hundreds of potions.

As long as you have pokemon of different types over 1000cp you can take out a gym easy.

Leveling up a gym for your team is harder and more time consuming since you're not always going to have the perfect pokemon to counter the lowest one.

There are 2 gyms near me and I just take out the one that's a higher level first, put up my Lapris, then take out the other one before someone takes out the first. Usually works.

Hell sometimes I control the gyms for several hours somehow.

Did they do something to the tracking distance. There are 4 spawns around my house and it doesn't seem to be hitting them all like it was recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom