• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - New previews, impressions thread

Vic_Viper

Do you literally remember nothing about the end of that game

Millions of raving mad augmented zombies attacking everyone in sight
, not ringing any bells

Lol yea it's been awhile. I need to go back and play it again. Did they reveal which ending they went with for this game?

Installing the directors cut now.

All these positive impressions have me so excited! I can't wait for next month; I really feel this might be my GOTY, after all that I've seen and heard.

SugarDave

I don't know if I'll get around to playing it at launch but it's my most anticipated game at the moment. Even if it's just more of Human Revolution, I know I'll have a good time.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Hopefully this time around the later hubs will have the same depth and content as the first hub. Human revolution really dropped the ball in that regard when it came to the second hub.

Staf

Watching the GB one. Looks great. Super happy that they stick with the dialogue system they had in human revolution, showing you exact what Jensen will say while hovering over the choices, and not gone the Fallout 4/Bioware route.

My most anticipated game of the year no doubt.

So happy to hear such positive experiences this variation is what i crave in games and emergent gaming is what always gets me attracted to games like this.

I skipped through parts of the giant bomb video.

I will now pre-order this game - I've been waiting for so long! I wanted this in February already :(

As much as I was looking forward to this game, I can't play this and No Man's Sky in the same month, so I'll have to hold out on this a bit. Glad to see it being recieved well so far.

I keep forgetting this is nearly coming out. Love Deus Ex, thought HR was ok.. maybe I would have been more excited if they weren't going with Adam Jensen again.

SomTervo

Yes, sounding brilliant. Glad I nabbed it on CDKeys for £23.

I don't get how they can fuck up Thief so badly but get two Deus Ex games so right!

Surely Deus Ex is harder to get right than Thief?!

d00d3n

Fantastic that the impressions are so positive. I only watched the reveal stuff a couple of years ago and have been on a media blackout since. I am really looking forward to power gaming that hub in about a month! Will not settle for less than maximum EXP/rewards!

Vex_

Banned
I'm at the point now where I dont even want to see previews of this game anymore. I love it when I come to such a firm conclusion that I will be buying a game that I dont want to even see the game in any form other than me playing it.

H3xum

Can't wait

So relieved to read positive things. I in the back of my head was hoping for this since the game was delayed, but, you never know.

AJ_Wings

Yes, sounding brilliant. Glad I nabbed it on CDKeys for £23.

I don't get how they can fuck up Thief so badly but get two Deus Ex games so right!

Different development teams, constant departure of talent and shifting visions through a development hell... yeah, definitely not a good recipe.

I feel bad for watching some of the GB footage. I wanna go into this game as fresh as possible.

Jb

This game really is coming out at the perfect time. HR wasn't a home run for me but i'm so glad they're taking another stab at it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Any sys specs? Wonder how it'll run on the GTX 960 and with i5 6600k cpu.

Would love to run it at 60fps.

Simo

Lol yea it's been awhile. I need to go back and play it again. Did they reveal which ending they went with for this game?

Installing the directors cut now.

No they didn't but it looks like bits and pieces from each one were used like
Panchea being destroyed with Adam presumed dead but found and Sarif making out of there. Taggert likely did too which I assumed he would of helped in the prejudice against augmented people leading to state we see in DXMD.

Good to hear the positive impressions. I've decided to not watch these previews but still want to get some impressions before pre-ordering. The Director's Cut of DX:HR really made me think that this sequel could potentially be really good, and fix a lot of the quibbles I had with HR. It does sound like MD will be an overall improvement as opposed to what IW was to the original game.

x-Lundz-x

In the GB video he accidentally showed the menus when you're not supposed to so of course I took screenshots. You can craft gadgets/ammo this time around.

0rKznA2.png

J2kAEnw.png
[/QUOTE
Oh my gooooooodness.

Can't wait

Simo

Have we seen ANY XB1 footage of this yet? just curious

Don't believe so but this is also one of the first instances we've seen it running on PS4.

In the GB video he accidentally showed the menus when you're not supposed to so of course I took screenshots. You can craft gadgets/ammo this time around.

0rKznA2.png

J2kAEnw.png

Look up IGN's demo play through from e3. They go through the whole menu including the Aug/praxis unlocks. Lol

0racle

I have this game pre ordered simply due to word of mouth and I got it at a good price so ill give it a shot.

Now, I have zero hype/expectations because I dont know what this game is so from simply judging from the videos it looks kind of lame?

am I missing something? seems like a slow paced future apocalyptic action game with a lifeless character? I know I could not be any further off the mark but please enlighten me. Is it because I need to play the others? what is it?

Cess007

I really need to ask for my vacations on August. Between this and No Man Sky, there's no chance i have enough time to play this games to my hearts content.

Ashtar

I have this game pre ordered simply due to word of mouth and I got it at a good price so ill give it a shot.

Now, I have zero hype/expectations because I dont know what this game is so from simply judging from the videos it looks kind of lame?

am I missing something? seems like a slow paced future apocalyptic action game with a lifeless character? I know I could not be any further off the mark but please enlighten me. Is it because I need to play the others? what is it?
No apocalypse friend I'd say it's a stealth /open first person cyber punk game that embraces do it anyway you like gameplay.
I'm ultra hyped for it because despite its mountain of flaws the human revolution was just so fun, it really offered tons of ways to approach situations and its lack of polish was endearing.
Jensen the hero is pretty monotone and has that fake tough guy voice (I know it's his real voice) but he's a pretty good character and you can mold him to for your play style.
Anyways I just peaked at the previews but since I already preordered it I'm going dark ** fades into the background using cloaking aug*

I'm given to understand that Thief was in development longer than Deus Ex HR, and was stuck in development hell for a very long time. It was helmed by a different team at Eidos Montreal, and while I think some Deus Ex lead designers came over to help the game get finished after HR, the game wasn't completely salvageable because of its troubled history, and clearly not all of their efforts were put on it, since Eidos expanded greatly after the success of HR and it seems most of that expansion was focused on increasing Mankind Divided's development resources.

I hope after MD they can get a new proper Thief game started up, but I can't say I'm sad that they released what they could and moved on from the most recent game. It seems like the development would have just dragged on even worse had they spent more time on it. Since they'll be starting the next project fresh from MD, I think it'll turn out much better.

The art direction and level design in this game looks incredible so far. My only nitpick has to do with the slightly cartoonish and over-the-top NPC voice acting, it takes away from the experience a bit. Still can't wait.

Top Bottom