• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ok GAF, sell fallout 4 to me

dEvAnGeL

not a big fan of first person games but i enjoy some of them, DEUS EX HR is one example.
i did sort off semi enjoy skyrim.
im a big graphics critique person.
i play on PC.

come at me GAF, why should i play fallout 4?

Geist-

You shouldn't. Play New Vegas instead.

If you're on PC and know how to install mods, graphics shouldn't be a problem.

Soulflarz

Banned
Go play New Vegas
GAF has mixed views and it's not really our place to sell you on the series, go watch some reviews.

Kade

You can build a house for the homeless people you collect out of stuff you stole from them. It's a pretty bad RPG if that's the aspect you're interested in.

You can play it in third person mode, and the gunplay is pretty fun. Customizations is also top notch. There's mods as well. Graphics is average, and everything else is meh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The answer is no, I won't

It's not a good game. It's a broken mess of shit with a couple nice ideas somewhere in there. It is absolutely not worth your time. Go elsewhere.

Soulflarz

Banned
If you need people to 'sell' you a game you obviously don't really want it.

It's kind of why I don't fully understand the purpose of these threads. We can assume someone has looked into it enough, and impressions exist, so...idk, seems needless?
Not trying to derail the thread, I just see these threads a lot and always am confused.

collige

Banned
It looks really nice on the rare occasion
VATS is a lot of fun and the gunplay is okay
There's a lot of variety in viable character builds
There are some great sidequests

What about no.jpg

If you have to ask someone to convince you to buy a game you probably are not really that interested in it to begin with.

I'm not sure I can. Do you enjoy playing games that feel like a shell of what they should have been with nothing of note or interest ever really happening? If that's your thing pick it up I guess.

dEvAnGeL

If you need people to 'sell' you a game you obviously don't really want it.
is $20 at bestbuy, i spend more on food in a day, still on the fence about it, all the media outlets talks have me intrigued but not onboard, need actual gamers input

Moltenix

Not big on FPS. Only semi-enjoyed Skyrim. Looking for big flashy graphics.

Look elsewhere OP, Fallout 4 is not the game for you.

Sapientas

Wouldn't recommend to most. Game was a very lukewarm experience for me and everything felt mediocre and second-hand.

If you already played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and you're looking for that type of gameplay maybe I could convince you, but considering you made this thread, I guess you're not really up for it.

True Fire

TES6 isn't coming out until 2019+, which gives modders a solid 3 years to focus exclusively on this game.

We already have Vivid Weathers + True Storms + Darker Nights, which are absolutely amazing together.

wamberz1

Wait for the inevitable goty edition so you don't have to buy the ridiculously priced dlc.
Buy new vegas instead. If you haven't played fallout 3 either, you can get that and combine them using the tale of two wastelands mod on pc.

NoKisum

If you need an entire message board to beg and plead you to play a game, you were probably never that interested in the first place.

dEvAnGeL

well, seems the game is more polarizing than i thought, i just placed the order, will have until Tuesday when the game arrives to decide if i keep it or not, thanks GAF

ZOONAMI

not a big fan of first person games but i enjoy some of them, DEUS EX HR is one example.
i did sort off semi enjoy skyrim.
i play on PC.

come at me GAF, why should i play fallout 4?

It's very pretty and runs decently in 4k.

True Fire

well, seems the game is more polarizing than i thought, i just placed the order, will have until Tuesday when the game arrives to decide if i keep it or not, thanks GAF

The game is fine, just avoid progressing the story to the Institute until you're ready for it to end. If you played New Vegas, accept the fact that Fallout 4 isn't quite as good. If you find the game too easy, play on Survival mode.

dEvAnGeL

If you need an entire message board to beg and plead you to play a game, you were probably never that interested in the first place.
is not about begging, is about information, many outlets are biased due to obvious advertisement deals, as much as it gets denied that's how things work in that medium, that's why boards are the best place to gather info, it doesn't get more honest than that

It duplicates the experience of being a homeless person looking for aluminum cans everywhere. If you ever wanted to feel that, you should not miss it. I enjoyed collecting trash a lot.

batfax

I played it for about 12 hours, maybe found one "quest" off the main path which was just talking to someone and I got an exp pop, then I just saw a bunch of cool setpieces with no NPCs or quests involved in them and I gave up.

Shooting and stuff felt better than 3 or NV I guess. Not in a hurry to go back, if ever.

Bluth54

If you're on PC play a real RPG like Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin or Fallout New Vegas, don't waste your time and money on Fallout 4.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I loved Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim. F3 and Skyrim in particular, I've played for thousands of hours.

Fallout 4 sucks. It's just...bad. Skip it.

Kaji AF16

Then, for starters, you will have a lot to criticise about...

Fallout 4 has been the worst gaming purchase I made in 25+ years of gaming. There are some good ideas underneath, and all in all it is a coherent continuation of the saga, but the execution has a number of critical problems that can´t be overlooked in a post-Witcher 3 industry.

It doesn´t feel "organic" enough.
Technically it is obsolete.
The infamous settlement system is... rather shallow.
The season pass wasn´t fully planned at launch, and it shows: with every DLC now announced, it is widely believed that it doesn´t justify its price.
Wandering around Boston isn´t as interesting as it should be given its legacy and the appeal of its predecessors.

Ultimately, it is a boring game which has had difficulties in hooking even fans of the franchise, like myself -I really wanted to love this game, and I bought its most complete digital edition at $90, even if the trailers did not convince me at all-.

Having loved F1, F2, F3 (New Vegas was my least favorite until now), I still can´t stand playing F4 for more than half-an-hour sessions every month or so, trying to give it another chance.

Wait for a cheap, GOTY edition.

+ lots of crafting possibilities
+ nice environments
+ gunplay is nicer than its predecessors

- bland writing
- no choice & consequence
- terrible story
- uninteresting enemies
- dialogue wheel is pure shit
- dumb AI
- companions useless

don't buy it OP

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You wander around, shoot things, get killed by other things and make your home out of the garbage strewn across the wastelands.

Oh and farm potato - tomato hybrids for a tiny profit.

Jokes aside, if you like to ignore stories in open world games and just screw around doing whatever the hell you want and exploring you will have a good time with this.

Also the town building part is fairly amusing if you are into that. Janky with dumbass AI but still if you like building and decorating shit you should have a good time. Spent over a 100 hours doing just that and wandering around totally ignoring the dumbass story and bad writing.

If you are not into building / exploring and want a coherent story with good writing then yeah better off not playing it.

The New Vegas shit posts continue.

The story and dialogue system in Fallout 4 are bad, but the game does have some redeeming factors. The world is pretty interesting and fun to explore and survival mode introduces mechanics that make the game more worthwhile. So play for the exploration, and character progression.

Top Bottom