• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are people so excited about the NX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Nintendo console, it's not going to be more powerful than the PS4. It's still part of the 8th gen alongside the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio. Its focus will be on a brand-new control scheme and Ubisoft claims it'll bring back casuals. The only thing to look forward to is Nintendo finally releasing a wave of games, which isn't a good thing - it means that you have to forget about your Wii U and get a NX instead if you want to enjoy some 8th gen Nintendo games.

So what is the hype about? Unless I'm missing something big, it is almost confirmed to be trying to be a Wii 3 in concept and objectives, and it comes down to saying fuck you to Wii U owners. Is it just people who skipped the Wii U and people who enjoyed the Wii's blue ocean strategy?

Gleethor

It's a Nintendo console, it's not going to be more powerful than the PS4. It's still part of the 8th gen alongside the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio. Its focus will be on a brand-new control scheme and Ubisoft claims it'll bring back casuals. The only thing to look forward to is Nintendo finally releasing a wave of games, which isn't a good thing - it means that you have to forget about your Wii U and get a NX instead if you want to enjoy some 8th gen Nintendo games.

So what is the hype about? Unless I'm missing something big, it is almost confirmed to be trying to be a Wii 3 in concept and objectives, and it comes down to saying fuck you to Wii U owners. Is it just people who skipped the Wii U and people who enjoyed the Wii's blue ocean strategy?

We don't know this, we don't even have a hint as to what its focus is. That's why it's exciting.

I like Nintendo platforms and I like Nintendo games. I have a PC that's more powerful than a PS4... if power was all that mattered I'd never buy a console ever again. Innovative control schemes from Nintendo often make their way into other platforms because they're so good.

I mean, what's not to be excited about?

LewieP

It's a new Nintendo console and we don't know what it is yet.

It has the potential to rewrite the rulebook for what games are. Nintendo have done this several times before.

At the very least it's likely to have some cool new functionality, features and games.

The Wii U was a misfire, but Nintendo have an excellent track record for bringing something worthwhile to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom