• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, FOH for $60.

I asked during the Marvel Live interview with Bill Rosemann and Mike Jones (high-ups in Marvel Games) if the DLC characters/missions would be included, and it didn't seem as if they knew for sure, although Mike said it is the base versions.
Even worse.

MikeyB

Did the price for the PS3 versions on Amazon just skyrocket? This game was bargain bin for years and now I see it at $45 minimum online (CAN).

jmizzal

"Marvel.com: Fans are sure to be excited for the re-release, but does this signal a new beginning for Ultimate Alliance as a franchise?

Mike Jones: Following the footsteps of a proud Marvel tradition, I’ll say: Anything is possible, True Believers!

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26503/sdcc_2016_marvel_ultimate_alliance#ixzz4FGaoNo7T"

Trolling us lol

How fucking much? Yeah not buying them at launch then. Will wait for a sale. Really want to please these again but not at "new" game prices. Holy shit.

Will definitely get this for ps4. Loved these games. I think I had all the achievement for part 1. 1000/1000. Didn't like part 2 that much though.

EDIT: wait it doesn't come with the DLC? Pass for me then. Silver surfer was too fun and op.

Also this is all nice and good but

maxresdefault.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They don't even know if they're goign to have the DLC for the game they're announcing? Given that it's Activision, that's a no.

Man, you got thrown the easiest lob ball and fucked it up

Neoxon

"Marvel.com: Fans are sure to be excited for the re-release, but does this signal a new beginning for Ultimate Alliance as a franchise?

Mike Jones: Following the footsteps of a proud Marvel tradition, I’ll say: Anything is possible, True Believers!

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26503/sdcc_2016_marvel_ultimate_alliance#ixzz4FGaoNo7T"

Trolling us lol
They said something similar about the future of the MvC games.

Corpekata

Banned
Price is kinda baffling. They could have had a decent resurgence at 20ish and probably would have made more money from the nostalgia + co-op crowd buying in fast, now they're going to stall things as only the most hardcore bother with them.

Was hoping for $20-30, so I might wait to buy in. Only really interested in 1 since I have memories of good times playing it with friends and I've heard mixed things about 2. Also, since the recent XBL rerelease had the DLC for the games built in, I'm almost positive everything's included in that case.

I really like this RPG dungeon crawler with marvel characters, it's a really fun B tier game. Has it's faults but I can overlook them cause the game is enjoyable. Really wish they added new games to the franchise instead of a $60 (lol) dollar rehash. Hope it's vastly improved, the PC version felt like a poor man's port.
Hope it brings good things to the series and isn't treated as a cash grab thanks to the MCU ... >_>.

Yea especially with no dlc (probably) 60 dollars for almost decade old games is too much. I know part 1 is definitely more than 10 years old if not atleast 10.

Also how much upgrade are they getting if it's barebones then lol. Capcoms did this right for re games. Upped fps to 60 with some graphical enhancements and selling each game for 20. You get 3 games for 60 dollars .

styl3s

Marvels response: "What's X-Men? Here have some Inhumans." while giving the stink eye at Fox
But this is Activision not Marvel and Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 both have x-men in it.

I just wonder if these will be complete versions that include ALL characters including the dlc and system exclusives because shit a copy of UA Gold alone goes for $40 used.

Neoxon

But this is Activision not Marvel and Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 both have x-men in it.

I just wonder if these will be complete versions that include ALL characters including the dlc and system exclusives.
Again, the ban has no impact on older games getting remastered/ported. If MUA3 were to happen, then Activision's screwed (unless they managed to get their contract before CoC, which I doubt).

Sealtest

MUA 1 was my first 360 game.

No way i'll be missing this bundle.

Edit- Digital only? EH.... $79.99 Canadian.. I think I might wait for a sale.

What's all this talk about the second game not being good? I've never played the second one apart from the first level (IQ was atrocious to me so I decided to wait for an HD release) but I had a blast with the first game.
I think its because of the outfits / costumes. In the first game, changing costumes gives stat boosts. In the second game, it was purely cosmetic.

I remember the worst thing about UA2 on 360 was I played it with 2 friends, and one of them put the all costumes cheat in and didn't notice that it turned off saving. So we played for like 3 hours, turned it off and went to the store, came back and we had to start over at the beginning. So we just shrugged our shoulders and didn't bother.

Sure, whoever put the code in should have noticed it disabled saves, but why the fuck would a developer put that in anyway? I can understand disabling achievements, but saving?

Top Bottom