• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Comic Con Trailer, Release Date and Confirmed Theaters

IKizzLE

Alright, just a little context. Last Final Fantasy I beat was X, which I really liked. Played XII but never beat it and didn't bother with any of the ps3 ones. I watched and enjoyed Advent Children and hated Spirits Within.

Kingsglaive is easily the best Final Fantasy movie because it actually felt like an actual movie. The movie took its time showing off scenery while giving enough exposition around the kingsglaive, so when shit went down, you would actually care. The movie does a really good job of building up tension, particularly one moment midway through the movie that is tense as FUCK.

The opening battle was sick and the ending scenes were epic. However, a lot of the action scenes were hard to follow. The teleporting sword shit is cool and all but when you try to implement it within intricate fight choreo, then its too hard to track.

The movie was stunning to look at, pacing was kind of slow in some parts and transitions happened so sudden, the english dub was passable, the story had some depth and the action moments were pretty cool. Nix is the homie. It actually makes me want to play Final Fantasy XV right now, which before the movie I had no urge. So I guess, job accomplished?!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's always weird to see people refer to the english version as a "dub." When it's the original version and intended version of the film.

wanders

Alright, just a little context. Last Final Fantasy I beat was X, which I really liked. Played XII but never beat it and didn't bother with any of the ps3 ones. I watched and enjoyed Advent Children and hated Spirits Within.

Kingsglaive is easily the best Final Fantasy movie because it actually felt like an actual movie. The movie took its time showing off scenery while giving enough exposition around the kingsglaive, so when shit went down, you would actually care. The movie does a really good job of building up tension, particularly one moment midway through the movie that is tense as FUCK.

The opening battle was sick and the ending scenes were epic. However, a lot of the action scenes were hard to follow. The teleporting sword shit is cool and all but when you try to implement it within intricate fight choreo, then its too hard to track.

The movie was stunning to look at, pacing was kind of slow in some parts and transitions happened so sudden, the english dub was passable, the story had some depth and the action moments were pretty cool. Nix is the homie. It actually makes me want to play Final Fantasy XV right now, which before the movie I had no urge. So I guess, job accomplished?!

Hype. Thanks for the impressions!

DeSolos

Just curious where you managed to see it in English? I'll be in Japan starting this Saturday, but I figured I wouldn't be able to find a screen anywhere showing it in English.

IKizzLE

Just curious where you managed to see it in English? I'll be in Japan starting this Saturday, but I figured I wouldn't be able to find a screen anywhere showing it in English.
It was a special one time showing for people within the industry.

chozen

Wawww im hyped, I hope it's a bigger deal than it sounds. I mean it already sounds really good for people just coming in to FFXV and what not,
but I wonder how it must feel for a long time versus fan who knew all the details, how well does Nozue pander to people like that.
I hope it hits me hard, I can't stop rewatching like the last 20 seconds of that new trailer.

Wawww im hyped, I hope it's a bigger deal than it sounds. I mean it already sounds really good for people just coming in to FFXV and what not,
but I wonder how it must feel for a long time versus fan who knew all the details, how well does Nozue pander to people like that.
I hope it hits me hard, I can't stop rewatching like the last 20 seconds of that new trailer.

The party scene with Somnus playing as well as the signing showdown is all really we get in terms of blatant Versus references.

JayBabay

This looks way better than I had initially expected. But when are the list of LA area theaters coming?! Plenty of fans in this area.

Lmao @ the BTS
"So the guy who tried it on back there, I guess he wasn't deemed worthy". Nice subtle slip in from the ending

Second post on the first page..
The one with the deleted image?

tzm7zeD.png

icnwtq6.png

Title said confirmed theaters... am I missing the list somewhere?

theaters.jpg

Top Bottom