• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at the healing items in Resident Evil 7

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CpGNjEeWgAA2mKq.jpg

Ganondorfo

Will it have a character from the previous series? I hope Wesker is back, he is way to iconic to not be mentionned.

Manu

So the herbs can be used:

-as powder
-as spray
-as pills

and now as syrup? And they just heal any wound no matter how they're applied or consumed.

Why were Umbrella even making bioweapons? They must've made billions from these herbs.

Dartastic

Soooo... when are we going to see the actual game? I'm assuming TGS? I find it kinda odd that it's supposed to launch in January and we haven't seen the actual game yet.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can't wait to have a hoarded stockpile of 37 unused ones at the end of the game.

Arkeband

Banned
Coin = microtransaction currency.

In before "who cares it's a single player game and besides my life is far too busy to play a game the way it's meant to be played"

synce

Well as long as herbs are back I can forgive them for calling a non Resident Evil game Resident Evil.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I like how the herbs in this have a rooted look to them. Fits with the setting being a plantation.

Wonder what the two different jars of green liquid are fot. I think the hexagonal one may be this ggame's take on a First Aid Spray since the symbol I'd the same. But what's the second smaller one for? Does mixing herbs make syrup?

And of course, the coin. Pretty sure they aren't teasing micro transactionctions. Is it related to healing? Do we have a market system? Vending machines? Did we steal a piece of cursed treasure?

Someone poke the finger all over it.

Dusk Golem

Soooo... when are we going to see the actual game? I'm assuming TGS? I find it kinda odd that it's supposed to launch in January and we haven't seen the actual game yet.
They confirmed they are trying to show the least amount of the game as possible before release. But another demo may be hitting at TGS with a Tape 2 trailer for the second demo.

I suppose this means there will be an ingame shop of sorts to buy items.

They're being pretty stingy with information, though. I know this is exactly what they want to do, but I wish they'd have revealed more by now.

Dusk Golem

I should mention the RE7 director at E3 said the Merchant was in Spain, but teased there may be other odd things in RE7 as a cryptic hint.

Exact quote:

"The Merchant is busy over in Spain, so he is unrelated to the American setting. But we do have other strange things..." Kawata concluded.

Top Bottom