(10-26-2006, 06:49 PM)
Blue Dragon has posted by Duckroll but the scans already gone to page 3,
so I post them again

from 2ch

Blue Dragon
Lost Planet / Super Robo Taisen XO

Cosmonaut X
(10-26-2006, 06:50 PM)
Cheers, neo. Any word on new DS/Wii stuff?
Wollan
Banned
(10-26-2006, 06:52 PM)
The fights in the woods (or open landscape with trees around) is the same as the TGS demo.
Mr. Pointy
(10-26-2006, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by neo2046

*Lost Planet*

Nice. Although when did Sephiroth get corn rows?
neo2046
BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE
(10-26-2006, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Cosmonaut X

Cheers, neo. Any word on new DS/Wii stuff?

not yet
Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
(10-26-2006, 06:54 PM)
Very, very nice scan neo - thanks!

I like that new mech that they there as well...
ORANGUTAN
Banned
(10-26-2006, 06:58 PM)
what type of reaction and comments do 2ch users say about these scans?
BlazeDSM
(10-26-2006, 07:01 PM)
Thanks for the scans, can't wait for Blue Dragon.
Cosmonaut X
(10-26-2006, 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted by neo2046

not yet

Thanks - hopefully there'll be a few new tidbits in there.
cw_sasuke
(10-26-2006, 07:03 PM)
neo ftw.......thx
EktorPR
(10-26-2006, 07:09 PM)
Blue Dragon battle backgrounds look surprisingly bland... and empty. They need some stuff to fill those with activity and/or visual nuinsances.

Lost Planet looks as cool as ever.
lunlunqq
(10-26-2006, 07:11 PM)
neo, thx a lot. some new PS3 stuff would be nice. :)
Clever Pun
(10-26-2006, 07:14 PM)
Blue Dragon still appears a bit ... empty
XSamu
Banned
(10-26-2006, 07:21 PM)
Blue Dragon, Lost Planet, DOAX2... I love my xbox :D
Stinkles
sober, clothed, willing
(10-26-2006, 07:24 PM)

Originally Posted by TheJollyCorner

no new PS3 games? :(

They're not really a big priority for Famitsu X360.

Thread title is a bit misleading, to be fair.
Scrow
Still Tagged Accordingly
(10-26-2006, 07:29 PM)
Blue Dragon looks really charming.
kisakiproject
(10-26-2006, 07:53 PM)
Blue dragon was number 4 in the top 30 if you looked at it today.
neo2046
BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE
(10-26-2006, 08:29 PM)
Tales_of_The_World PSP

Chris Michael
Banned
(10-26-2006, 08:46 PM)
There's alot of characters in the PSP TOW... how many were in the GBA games, for reference?
duckroll
mashadar's neko-mimi slave
(10-26-2006, 08:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

They're not really a big priority for Famitsu X360.

Thread title is a bit misleading, to be fair.

These are all from Weekly Famitsu though, the Famitsu X360 thing is an ad for the monthly issue that's coming out in the same week.
Matix
(10-26-2006, 08:59 PM)
Lost Planet me luv, and TOW better be released ****ing stateside !!
Systems_id
Banned
(10-26-2006, 09:04 PM)
Lost Planet looks like so much fun. I haven't had a bout of bug-blasting-on-icey-planets since...ever. GIVE IT TO ME CAPCOM!! Does anyone know if it's getting released in the US first?
Dahbomb
(10-26-2006, 09:15 PM)
Lost Planet hotness never ceases to impress! :D
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(10-26-2006, 09:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Systems_id

Lost Planet looks like so much fun. I haven't had a bout of bug-blasting-on-icey-planets since...ever. GIVE IT TO ME CAPCOM!! Does anyone know if it's getting released in the US first?

JPN = Dec 21
US = Jan something.
Troidal
(10-26-2006, 10:47 PM)
Waaah....no Lost Odyssey demo on Famitsu 360 this month? :-/
jiggle
(10-26-2006, 10:56 PM)
It's Nanaly!!! :D
duckroll
(10-26-2006, 11:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Troidal

Waaah....no Lost Odyssey demo on Famitsu 360 this month? :-/

It's in Weekly Famitsu next week. No one ever said it would be in Famitsu X360. :P
ORANGUTAN
Banned
(10-26-2006, 11:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Systems_id

Have you played it yet? everything you said is true... it's incredible
Captain N
(10-26-2006, 11:11 PM)
I'm still not sure if Blue Dragon is worth importing a 360 for..well that and having Lost Planet three weeks early.
ORANGUTAN
Banned
(10-26-2006, 11:14 PM)
can you read japanese? if so i'd do it.... if not whats wrong with you?
Captain N
(10-26-2006, 11:16 PM)

Originally Posted by ORANGUTAN

can you read japanese? if so i'd do it.... if not whats wrong with you?

haha I can't read much Japanese at all. The first time I imported a system it was the PSOne and I got Tenchu, Metal Gear & Parasite Eve. I couldn't read any Japanese, but beat them. I beat a few Japanese RPGs before without being able to read the text as well. I just really want Blue Dragon.
neojubei
Will drop pants for Sony.
(10-26-2006, 11:26 PM)
:)
intheinbetween
(10-26-2006, 11:28 PM)
nice scans, i can't hardly wait for Blue Dragon and Lost Planet, but i'm also interesed in this SRT XO, i think i'll try it, but my japanese = zero, so i'll need to check out gamefaqs as i do with every only-japanese game.. at least to understand the main options of the combat system, so does the story..

anyway.. so next Weekly Famitsu is the issue wich is supposed to have included the Lost Odyssey demo, isn't it? could anyone tell me when is it supposed to be out? i'd like to order it to playasia (miss you so much Lik-Sang..) or yesasia.. any other on-line store suggestion will be much appreciated.

c ya
Ginko
(10-26-2006, 11:29 PM)
nice scans

i'm starting to get the concept of "blue dragon" now. Though i'm not so much into lost planet but i'll get it anyway.
ORANGUTAN
Banned
(10-26-2006, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Captain N

haha I can't read much Japanese at all. The first time I imported a system it was the PSOne and I got Tenchu, Metal Gear & Parasite Eve. I couldn't read any Japanese, but beat them. I beat a few Japanese RPGs before without being able to read the text as well. I just really want Blue Dragon.

just be patient... they've said that bd localization is going to be much faster compared to other rpg's
Dr. Kitty Muffins
(10-26-2006, 11:36 PM)
Wouldn 't it be odd if Blue Dragon lived up to its hype, but failed to sell well in NA?

I dunno about you, but if plays as good as it looks, then I would love to s ee a sequel!
Tsubaki
(10-26-2006, 11:36 PM)
:o @ $280 Blue Dragon Premium pack that just comes with a faceplate and mini figure
duckroll
(10-26-2006, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Tsubaki

:o @ $280 Blue Dragon Premium pack that just comes with a faceplate and mini figure

It comes with a Xbox360 core pack, the game, a faceplate and 5 mini figures. It's a ****ing steal. :D
Tsubaki
(10-26-2006, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

It comes with a Xbox360 core pack, the game, a faceplate and 5 mini figures. It's a ****ing steal. :D

Oh. Haha. I see that now.

There's alot of characters in the PSP TOW... how many were in the GBA games, for reference?

The TotW games have always been Tales crossovers of sorts, with a lot of characters from the main games showing up (and being usable in the form of costumes). They just run on bare minimum fetch-questy storylines. They sport very few dungeons, and the fetch quests are pretty much what makes you go deeper and deeper in them. The gameplay is much more action focused than the console versions, which means button mashy juggling if you're into that sort of thing (I'm not.) And finally, because of their costume systems, it's extremely grinding-oriented.

I personally hate the TotW:ND2 game I have, but I don't consider console Tales to be all that much better.
Last edited by Tsubaki; 10-26-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Mandoric
(10-27-2006, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by intheinbetween

nice scans, i can't hardly wait for Blue Dragon and Lost Planet, but i'm also interesed in this SRT XO, i think i'll try it, but my japanese = zero, so i'll need to check out gamefaqs as i do with every only-japanese game.. at least to understand the main options of the combat system, so does the story.

There's plenty of FAQs useful for it, sadly---it's mostly a straight-up port of a Gamecube game, which itself was relatively poor for the series. Not sure it's the best introduction, unless you lack any recent handhelds or import consoles within the past couple gens.

On the other hand, Blue Dragon is looking nice and shiny. I may have to get that shipped with EDF3.
intheinbetween
(10-27-2006, 12:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Mandoric

There's plenty of FAQs useful for it, sadly---it's mostly a straight-up port of a Gamecube game, which itself was relatively poor for the series. Not sure it's the best introduction, unless you lack any recent handhelds or import consoles within the past couple gens.

On the other hand, Blue Dragon is looking nice and shiny. I may have to get that shipped with EDF3.

i know this SRT XO is a straight-up port of a NGC game, but it has some improvements that i'd like to give it a try, specially for the Live! options, i think it could be cool. anyway, i must say that i didn't have the chance of trying that SRT XO on Gamecube, so this will be my first get-in-touch with this SRT title.

btw, i hope the asian version (not the NTSC-Japanese version, the Korean one) of Blue Dragon comes out with english subtitles, does anyone know if there is a release date anounced for this asian version?

c ya
Troidal
(10-27-2006, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

It's in Weekly Famitsu next week. No one ever said it would be in Famitsu X360. :P

Oh sorry. Thank you Mr. Famitsu man.
WYWY
(10-27-2006, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by intheinbetween

but i'm also interesed in this SRT XO

Upgraded port of SRT GC. The roster is slightly... kiddy. Also not the best SRT around. Plus 3D really, really isn't Banpresto's thing.

The best SRT in recent years is the alpha series, and they are all going cheap with budget "Best!" versions at PA. If you want a taste of what SRT feels like, why not try it with the best, and cheaper too.
Mandoric
(10-27-2006, 10:13 AM)

Originally Posted by WYWY

Upgraded port of SRT GC. The roster is slightly... kiddy. Also not the best SRT around. Plus 3D really, really isn't Banpresto's thing.

The best SRT in recent years is the alpha series, and they are all going cheap with budget "Best!" versions at PA. If you want a taste of what SRT feels like, why not try it with the best, and cheaper too.

As much as it's off-topic in the thread, either dipping in with the Alphas, or the English-version OG series if you lack an import PS2, or waiting a month for OGs, is a much better choice. It's really not that great of an iteration in the series, and while it has a few attractions for fanboys, you'd do much better buying a different game, whether a different platform's version of the series or just a different holiday title.