• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV delayed to November 29 - Confirmed

DKHF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wepgwx_9kto&feature=youtu.be

PR said:
TOKYO / LONDON / LOS ANGELES (Aug. 15, 2016) – To deliver the iconic FINAL FANTASY experience to audiences around the world, SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY® XV will be November 29, 2016.

This release date will allow the development teams time to further polish and conduct quality testing so that the reality of the game can match the expectations of both the fans and the creative teams.

“From the moment we joined this project, our vision was to create a level of freedom and realism previously unseen in the series. Regrettably, we need a little bit more time to deliver on this vision and are confident that this new release date will help us achieve this,” said Hajime Tabata the game director. “As the director and lead of this project, I wish to personally apologize for the additional wait. As a team, we want FINAL FANTASY XV to achieve a level of perfection that our fans deserve. We kindly ask for your understanding.”

Summary of the Tabata statement from the video:

- FFXV went gold the other day, and that was planned to be the version they ship on Sept 30.
- That version of the game will be playable at Gamescom, and they are cutting a 30 minute gameplay video to be released on Aug 16 showcasing the performance of that version.
- They planned a massive Day One Patch for the game which would further polish the game and fix lingering issues.
- But they have decided that instead of pressing the current gold master and delivering a day one patch, they will instead wait and use that completed version as the final gold master.
- Hence the game will be delayed to Nov 29, but they will be adding even more stuff on top of the planned fixes of the day one patch.

tl;dr - The game is delayed because they believe not everyone has internet connectivity and they don't want them to be left out of the perfect FFXV experience when the game ships to stores.

Neoxon

Eh, I can wait. Hopefully the extra development time is put to good use.

We've waited 10 years for this game already, what's 3 more months?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
More polished product + more time to finish Persona 5 before it comes out. No complaints!

Mifec

rPNCqww.jpg

From the PR

TOKYO / LONDON / LOS ANGELES (Aug. 15, 2016) – To deliver the iconic FINAL FANTASY experience to audiences around the world, SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY® XV will be November 29, 2016.

This release date will allow the development teams time to further polish and conduct quality testing so that the reality of the game can match the expectations of both the fans and the creative teams.

“From the moment we joined this project, our vision was to create a level of freedom and realism previously unseen in the series. Regrettably, we need a little bit more time to deliver on this vision and are confident that this new release date will help us achieve this,” said Hajime Tabata the game director. “As the director and lead of this project, I wish to personally apologize for the additional wait. As a team, we want FINAL FANTASY XV to achieve a level of perfection that our fans deserve. We kindly ask for your understanding.”

that's all folks

not bothered but this makes the denial comments in the previous thread and reddit hilarious!

2O8vjfv.gif

also throw the day one patch in that shit!

Razmos

"Please understand"

Literally been avoiding anything about the game and not letting myself get hyped, but I let myself the last month or so, knowing that it was going to be released soon.

So this really sucks. Between this and pokemon, blah.

Fat4all

Banned
It's nice that they have a statement and video explaining the delay, as well as the promise of a new gameplay video.

At least it's not kicked to next year.

Tagyhag

So they are basically delaying it because they have a substantial patch and while they could release it at the former release date in its current state, they want everyone to have the patched game, even those without Internet.

Hey, can't say I'm disappointed. That's looking out for all your customers.

Though it would be a shame if the game had a bad performance even when it gets the patched version.

Literally 2 month delay and after 10 years of waiting, that's not really much, especially when there's other great games to keep people occupied.

I'm glad the news is finally out, I'm sure this has been beyond frustrating for Kagari and crew.

So they are basically delaying it because they have a substantial patch and while they could release it at the former release date in its current state, they want everyone to have the patched game, even those without Internet.

Hey, can't say I'm disappointed. That's looking out for all your customers.

Though it would be a shame if the game had a bad performance even when it gets the patched version.

Yep.
100% fine with me

Top Bottom