• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intelligent System is getting into figure production business

464806.jpg

When I was browsing for new figures announced in Wonder Festival 2016 Winter, I discover something interesting. As many of you may know, Camilla from Fire Emblem Fate is getting a figure. Surprisingly, the figure itself is manufactured and published by Intelligent System itself, as indicated in the info plate next to the figure, whereas the two released Fire Emblem Awakening figures (Tharja and Cordelia) are both manufactured and published by Max Factory.

Another interesting information is that monolith is the production assistance of said figure. Is this ‘monolith’ in fact ‘Monolith Soft’? (In fact, monolith is the coloring person, not Monolith Soft. Thanks Busaiku) If it does, this is probably an unprecedented collaboration, since as far as I concerned, Monolith Soft is helping other Nintendo studios to develop games but not helping one get into figure production business.

Bonus: The sculptor of Camilla is Kawagoe Hiromitsu who is quite a talented man who have made a few famous figures. The most famous ones are probably Black ★ Rock Shooter and Musashi from Kantai Collection.

Discussion:
What do you think about Intelligent System’s new business?
What figures do you want from Intelligent System in the future?

Edit: It is now painted!

Courtesy to @NYGamer and @StanTheGreatMan on Twitter

Neoxon

I wonder if they'll put an Amiibo chip in some of their figures.

Either way, their work looks solid so far.

Oh, wow. I've always been surprised how little merchandise there was for Fire Emblem considering its popularity, so it's great to see IS stepping up in that regard. It's nice GSC are slowly putting more nendoroids out there, too.

Camilla's breasts will never not look like horrifyingly painful balloons, but it's a really impressive statue of her, wow. Where's the Lobster Meme Lord, come on, IS.

I also advocate for more focus on Advance Wars and am also surprised at all the "AW has no waifu" responses.

I'm... not going to start listing/linking specific COs though lol.

But yes that Camilla figure yowza O_O

In general I wish Nintendo and friends could just live off of video game sales, but I don't mind them expanding their merch lines as long as the merch is good for the price.

dtm808

you know what would be really cool, IS?

waifus in modern military outfits

and the matching game to go with them

So Advance Wars <33. Seriously its overdue.

Also i really do not care about IS making their games more attractive with waifus and such as long as the games stay great (which they have with FE)

Clov

Huh, when I saw this figure I thought that Max Factory was making it. Interesting that Intelligent Systems is releasing this themselves. Maybe I'll pick one up whenever they make one of a character I like.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Given how central the characters are to the games, this makes sense. When I clicked on the thread, I thought this would be for an amiibo line, though. I have to imagine a dedicated FE line will eventually happen, assuming new amiibo are still happening.

That's the most badass scene in the game. God damn she deserved that moment more than anyone. Lin is the best AW girl bar none.

Which AW is that from? EDIT: The style reminds me of the little I know of Days of Ruin. Also, the style and character kiiind of remind me of Shanoa from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

Clov

Given how central the characters are to the games, this makes sense. When I clicked on the thread, I thought this would be for an amiibo line, though. I have to imagine a dedicated FE line will eventually happen, assuming new amiibo are still happening.

I'd imagine there would be a dedicated Fire Emblem line whenever the next game launches. Maybe they'd even have Amiibo cards, given that Fire Emblem card game they have in Japan.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'd imagine there would be a dedicated Fire Emblem line whenever the next game launches. Maybe they'd even have Amiibo cards, given that Fire Emblem card game they have in Japan.

Oh, yes, the cards seem very likely. I could see a similar approach to AC, where major characters get figures and then you get cards for the others. Perhaps figures are recruitable while cards just give you a weapon/item or stat bonus that corresponds to the character in some way.

Clov

Oh, yes, the cards seem very likely. I could see a similar approach to AC, where major characters get figures and then you get cards for the others. Perhaps figures are recruitable while cards just give you a weapon/item or stat bonus that corresponds to the character in some way.

The cards could be a good way of getting collectibles of characters who either aren't popular enough to get an Amiibo figure or who aren't relevant enough to the game for one. I'd be happy with that!

zoku88

Are you sure this isn't like the Aniplex stuff where even thought the figures are branded and distributed by Aniplex, they are actually manufactured by someone else (Stronger in Aniplex's case)

Top Bottom