• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '17 |OT| It's Madden Season

Yep... Not up, although that 5PM thing was based on just a single gaf poster with no source here, so maybe I shouldn't have taken it as gospel.

The EA Access site from EA Still says the 18th, though many titles launch the night before.
http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/madden-nfl-17.html

PastaPadre was still thinking 5 or 5:30PM EST as of a couple hours ago, so we'll see.

chaislip3

Weird. When I press start at the main menu, it says I need EA Access to play it and the game crashes, even though my subscription is active.

EDIT: I had the game preordered, by the way.

jmizzal

got it

For anyone not seeing it, I had to go into the game details (even though EA Access still said "Coming Soon") at which point you get into the store and can download the free trial.

Yup that just worked for me, go to game details and then gamehub and you can install it for free

GravyButt

I have the the game preorder and predownloaded and ea access. Did the steps like going into details and hub and it still says too early.

It says play, but no free trial. Just says too early. Have the deluxe edition.

Can't seem to download the trial via the smart glass app, it only gives me the option to buy. Oh well, was hoping to save time by letting it download while I'm at work.

Aaah, interesting.

It's about 25% complete. But because I had downloaded it before (from pre-ordering) all I got was "Play," not "Play Trial" and so then it would pop up with an error. I ended up deleting my pre-download and re-downloading the game.

Other people have said the game won't launch even though they have EA Access... so there could be some truth to the downloads start now, but it won't unlock until midnight thing. That wouldn't be consistent with EA Access' last few launches, but who knows... The EA Access release date has always said 8/18.

I have to go to a Wake tonight anyway so probably wouldn't be able to play.

mike6467

I'm in, at 44% I was able to launch it and am currently playing the Rams/Redskins tutorial/intro. EA sticking to their guns and still featuring a long, unskippable cutscene before giving control to the player.

GravyButt

Change what? They said the 18th....

Well it's always up the day prior but thats not the point of sounding bratty or entitled if it sounded that way.

Just annoying that the consensus after the first hiccup was that preorders were the only access members not allowed to enjoy their paid membership perk which for most, is a big selling point.

I pay money for something, if it works for a majority of people I expect it to work the same for me. Especially when it's something as simplistic as this. Sure its not a big deal but figured id spell it out because I can sense the tone.....

Patiently waiting for EA Access. According to IGNs review this is the best Madden since 05, which is my all time favorite because of the emphasis on defense. Should be a good year.

krpiper

So the intro worked for me (lol at the Rams making the playoffs) and then it prompted that it couldn't connect to the servers.

Talk about blue balls EA

182Ways

I love watching the NFL, but i haven't played an NFL video game, or any sports game, since the mid-1990s. Is there a better-than average chance I'd enjoy Madden 17? Is the franchise generally welcoming to those of us football fans who have very little experience with the genre?

Andodalf

Banned
Holy crap, signed into the game and it transfered my favorite team and settings from last year, woah, has Madden always done this?

Also if any ps4 players are interested head over to the league community thread. We already have 32 players but you never know when someone might drop!

jmizzal

Holy crap, signed into the game and it transfered my favorite team and settings from last year, woah, has Madden always done this?

I dont think so, it had to wrong team for me tho lol, Broncos, when im Jaguars all day

Played around a bit, now playing online

Dominator

Played a game against my brother, was absolutely fantastic. Still not sure if I love the 3-click kicking (using the sticks was perfectly fine IMO), but I'll get used to it. My brother on the other hand missed every field goal cause he was clicking way to early lol

I enjoyed the opening with the Rams, thats my team and I'm glad they got the spotlight in the intro.

When intercepting (and catching in general), do you have to tap A now instead of Y? It seems Y brings on aggressive mode and makes you swat more than attempt to intercept. Can't remember if that was in last years to be honest, it might have been, but it was messing me up for awhile.

The graphics are really disappointing overall. I can barely detect an improvement over '16. And for crying out loud, at least make Gronkowski look semi-recognizable in the intro!

Call me when EA actually manages to make a game better than 2K5 THA GOAT.

I wonder if they'll ever do a first-person football mode like 2K had in its later years? I always wished they implemented something like that in Madden because it almost made the 2K games feel like two football games in one.

Finished my first game. That was absolutely the best game of Madden I have played in some time.

Took the lead and then the Rams were driving, got a deep strike but then Josh Norman punched out the ball from behind the receiver. Very clearly a punched ball in the replay too.

Sogood.gif

Top Bottom