• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link announced - Action RPG, Platinum Games [UPDATE]

unknown.png

Cygames Next revealed this info, stream is ongoing!

Trailer for the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-K5n1sbdrQ

official website
http://relink.granbluefantasy.jp/

Edit:

Gematsu said:
Cygames announced Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link, an action RPG developed by Platinum Games, during its Cygames Next 2016 event in Tokyo.

Set in the world of Granblue Fantasy, the game is produced by Cygames’ Koichi Haruta, directed by Cygames’ Tetsuya Fukuhara, features character design by Hideo Minaba, and music by Nobuo Uematsu and Tsutomu Narita.

The game is being made with the intention of multiplayer. The trailer shows four characters fighting alongside each other. However, there will also be a single-player scenario mode, and they’re being careful not to make the game difficult. The current progress of development is 10 percent, according to producer Haruta, and the plan is to continue increasing the amount of characters, so the game is expected to be large-scale. A release date and platform were not announced, but Haruta mentioned that he “bought a new PC for this” during the event.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/08/cygames-...e-fantasy-project-re-link#ROFZfkyWj0t9TjiW.99

DJIzana

Omfg the console game is a game from Platinum Games?! Did they say the genre or have a video?! I'm going to die of a heart attack!

Oregano

How many games can they possibly work on at once!

Also I imagine this is the PS4 game they(Cygames) teased ages ago.

rrvv

Granblue is mobile game so I assume this one is similar or slightly bigger.

Cannot see it as typical platinum action game but who knows

RPG can i guess

ZiZ

Granblue seems really popular. I've always assumed it was just a generic gatcha game? Why is it so popular?

DJIzana

Thank you for this!

OK for anyone that doesn't know me, I've been hyped on Granblue Fantasy for awhile. I never liked mobile games but this was the one to draw me in SIMPLY because of the art direction! This is LITERALLY what I could envision as the perfect open world Jrpg. No Xenoblade Chronicles X, FFXV, Zelda Breath of the Wild might not even top this for me!

roytheone

Never heard about the series before, but they trailer looked cool! Wonder if there will be a pc version with platinum making pc versions of a lot of their games lately.

zeopower6

Granblue seems really popular. I've always assumed it was just a generic gatcha game? Why is it so popular?

Character designs, I guess.

They have the guy who designed for FFVI and IX, Hideo Minaba as well as Nobuo Uematsu on music.

Console or mobile release ?

Some think it is the PS4 title teased a while back. Knowing Platinum Games, I think PC is highly likely.

images from official site are just screengrabs from the trailer, but here's the direct link anyway
Code:
http://relink.granbluefantasy.jp/assets/images/home/bg-01.jpg
just replace 01 on file name to any number until 20

Majority of people are most likely drawn in by the art. Cuz it's really good!
literally every waifu in GBF is a top tier waifu

Eolz

Woah that's surprising.
More about Granblue getting an action game than Platinum doing it imo.

I dunno, why wouldn't it? We even got freakin' SAO over here >_>

SAO is on Crunchy, means it's officially licensed in the west. GBF isn't. Why would they release a spin off of a property that doesn't even really exist in the west? I mean, they did add english language the the client, but it's still only officially available in japan.

zeopower6

well it seem they have 1-2 years developing time and some gatcha money. so maybe not?

Thought i dont expect it to be super amazing either. seem they just handle the combat system

The game kinda has a Dragon Quest Heroes-y vibe.

SAO is on Crunchy, means it's officially licensed in the west. GBF isn't. Why would they release a spin off of a property that doesn't even really exist in the west? I mean, they did add english language the the client, but it's still only officially available in japan.

I'm pretty certain someone will license the anime that's coming. Also Aniplex/A-1 (who produce SAO) are attached to the Granblue anime...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't play Granblue Fantasy, but it does have very nice artwork. Definitely interested in an action game by Platinum :p

I just realized I am no longer excited when Platinum is revealed to be working on a game. They diluted their quality efforts with so much shit in recent years I cannot muster any hype.

Shin-chan

Why, that looks great. Really colourful world and the combat looks like a lot of fun. It doesn't look like a rush job either!

Definitely keeping this on my radar.

vareon

Wow, I didn't expect this. Granblue's world, while feeling generic, is really pleasing to look at. I'm anticipating this.

Top Bottom