• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you be willing to pay for Neo?

Kathian

Banned
OK let's get it out the way first; based on what your expectation of what the device will be is.

Basically for non-PS4 and PS4 owners looking to upgrade - at what price do you turn away and at what price do you put that box in your trolley?

For me I am still of the view that the current PS4 price seems expensive so I'd actually need it quite close to there. But it seems to me with the Slim reveal that Neo might be up to £80-£100 more than the current model with the Slim for those looking for cheaper. Is that something you'd pay or be turned off by?

Knowing that the Xbox Scorpio is going to be considerably more powerful it would have to be pretty cheap to give me to go that route.

MrBS

I know there is a limit to what Sony could reasonably expect to charge and I'd pay that so in short 'whatever it takes' ;)

Not interested in buying one, but I'd guess $499.99 for 1TB is the sweet spot for a lot of people. (Assuming it's been upgraded since the leak).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
$399. I hope Sony doesnt fall for shitty MS tactics and just releases an affordable console. With a $150 trade in,i can get it for $250 which is great for a 4.2 Tflop GPU upgrade.

I compare it to upgrading my PC which will be more than $250 thanks to my shitty mobo which wont take any of the new CPUs anymore.

Elios83

399$/€ unless it's upgraded to 5 Teraflops and that won't happen.
At the leaked specs Neo doesn't offer more value that what the PS4 offered in 2016. So I don't see why the price should be higher.

takoyaki

$399-449 for the leaked specs & October launch

$499-$549 for the rumored, upgraded specs option & I'd gladly wait until March/spring

depends on release date (comes out with PSVR or not), specs, any trade in programs, whether there might be support for external drive support, and what reviews turn out to say about games that have a different Neo version - much better, or no difference at all?

If it retailed for $449 but gamestop/bestbuy ran a trade in program where your old one would get $200 towards a Neo, plus Neo came out the same time as PSVR then I'll be inclined to trade in no matter what. If it supported USB3 ext drives I'd be 100% likely to trade in, attach a 2-4TB ext drive and be happy as a pig in shit.

If it doesn't come out till next year, there are no trade in programs, and nobody really optimizes for it so its the same thing as a PS4 then enthusiasm will die out.

Top Bottom