• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 new footage from ''Gravity-Tsu #2'' Famitsu Stream

FelipeMGM

Seen on Gematsu. Thanks for the heads up Sal!
Head over there to check time stamps of when new gameplay appears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrslGaWSzE

CqyDbzrUsAAdSgz.jpg:large

This place here shows up at the stream
28873487240_09bd7dda5d_z.jpg

Shin-chan

Just from the small gifs I've seen the movement looks like it has a much better flow than the original game. I'm hoping you can pull off some stylish moves as you float around the world.

Servbot24

Banned
You guys need to check out that map size, like huge and multi layered.
Is there more in depth interactions with the world as far as "RPG town" type of stuff to do? I don't really care about map size (smaller the better actually), but I thought GR left some interaction potential untapped.

daveo42

Banned
Super excited but not watching. All I really want is an announcement of a US LE release for this game, which is probably asking too much. At least Amazon has the right date listed now right?

DKHF

Super excited but not watching. All I really want is an announcement of a US LE release for this game, which is probably asking too much. At least Amazon has the right date listed now right?
The producer (Nick Accordino from Sony) has said there won't be an LE for the US. But I guess it's worth letting it be known you want one if there's any chance they change their mind (but probably not).

daveo42

Banned
The producer (Nick Accordino from Sony) has said there won't be an LE for the US. But I guess it's worth letting it be known you want one if there's any chance they change their mind (but probably not).

I assumed that was the case when the only version is available through Play Asia and how well the game itself has sold overall. It would just be nice to get...

Shin-Ra

Reposting from the previous stream thread.

GR2greenRift.gif

Beautiful UI styling. 😈

MAP showing two depths
GR2mapUI.gif

Sliding Challenge Gold, Silver and Bronze target times
GR2challengeUI.gif

GR2gravslideChallenge.gif

It's good they made the targets clearer boxes, indicating you can fly/fall through them as well.

So as someone who's never played the first game,

1. What type of game is this exactly? I don't like spoiling myself so I'm avoiding looking at a ton of footage, but is this a platformer? Adventure game? Hack n' slash?

2. Should I play the first game before delving into this one?

3. Trying to gauge whether or not I'd enjoy it. To those who love the first game, what other games do you love?

Thanks!

1. What type of game is this exactly? I don't like spoiling myself so I'm avoiding looking at a ton of footage, but is this a platformer? Adventure game? Hack n' slash?

3. Trying to gauge whether or not I'd enjoy it. To those who love the first game, what other games do you love?

Thanks!

1. Action-adventure, with a large emphasis on its unique method of traversal - manipulating gravity.

2. Yes. It's excellent and can be found very cheap these days.

3. FFVII, Broken Sword, Shenmue, ICO, Klonoa, Jet Set Radio, Ristar, Uncharted 4.

wapplew

Thanks!

Open world super hero game, think infamous with "flying".
First game its origin of our hero, Kat. I think it's better play the first game, since it's part 1 or this 2 part story.

DKHF

Thanks!
To answer the first two I would describe Gravity Rush as an open world action superhero game but with some more linear sections.

You should definitely play the first game as the story is important in it even if it's very cryptic about it and the fact that it's a really fun (though admittedly somewhat flawed in some areas) game.
i really hope there will be a massive marketing blowout at TGS, otherwise Sony is sending this title out to die
I think it will definitely get a trailer and nice push at Sony's TGS conference. And maybe even a demo will be announced because someone asked about one in the PS Blog comments of the recent post about new characters and the producer said "stay tuned!" in response to it. But I'm definitely not expecting to see it outside of a few seconds in a montage at the PS Meeting.

Can't wait for this game ! So beautiful...

I'm almost done with Gravity Rush 1, just in time for Gravity Rush 2 !

Japan Studios are underrated developers, their games are something special imo.

Day 1 or close to it. The original was amazing. From what I've seen they've stepped it up in every area. Animation, combat, world size/interactivity, better and brighter art.

Gravity shifting is the new best way to get around in open world games. Everything else is just slow and boring in comparison.

Shin-Ra

Can't wait for this game ! So beautiful...

I'm almost done with Gravity Rush 1, just in time for Gravity Rush 2 !

Japan Studios are underrated developers, their games are something special imo.
I think the quality of their output's improved greatly under Allan Becker. SIREN: Blood Curse was the only Japan Studio title I could get really enthusiastic about before Gravity Rush, Puppeteer, Rain, Knack and The Tomorrow Children came along.

Shin-Ra

Stretch Aaaaarmstrong. The area of effect for picking up projectiles is pretty huge compared to GR1. Spiralling Claw homes in on multiple Nevi/weakspots a lot better too.

GR2stretchArm.gif

Whilst it hits the spot artistically, this green cactus-y new rift plane's probably the least technically polished looking part shown to date. Hopefully shadows and tiled bumps see some love in the last few months of development.

Top Bottom