• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive deserves another chance

MCD

Steam, Win10 or whatever port. It's a crime Insomniac/MS basically abandoned the IP.

Doubt we will see a sequel. MS will probably settle with Crackdown as thier sandbox game. Sadly, I don't like its aesthetics.

Tl;dr Insomniac if you can't make a sequel then get on the PC train already.

Gator86

I thought port begging wasn't allowed. Try making a petition though. :]

There's a difference between shitting up a thread with relentless port begging and hoping a game gets a second chance of another platform or some type of future release. I own it on XBone and I'm completely in favor of people port begging for it. The game is so much better than its market performance.

By another chance, you basically mean port it to your preferred platform?

I doubt it is gonna light the charts on fire on a different platform. It is too late. The hype is long gone.

If they do work on a sequel though, I do hope it is multiplatform.

dex3108

Yessss give it to me on ps4

You will never see it on PS4 because MS was involved in funding as far as I know. Insomniac has IP rights but they still need to ask MS for permission I think. PC port would be nice though and would help Insomniac.

Krooner

From what I saw when it went on GWG, people seemed to really have problems with the controls and how the game worked. There was a definite barrier to enjoying yourself with the game, I think. I told anyone who'd listen that it would click if they gave it time.

I love the game and how it looks, some of that skate-punk music was grating though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's almost criminal how it turned out.
It's sad when good games don't sell what they deserve.

El Sabroso

I would love to play it at unlocked framerate at least, hope scorpio allows that at the cost of retaining the same resolution, which is fine by me, being part of xbox anywhere would be cool too

Justinh

Game is great, and I loved it (moreso after getting the air-dash), but wouldn't the fact that it was given away as a "Games with Gold" game be another chance?
I mean, yeah, they're giving it away for "free," but I'm sure they monitor how many people download these games, how many people actually play them, and how many people buy DLC for them.
I love the game and how it looks, some of that skate-punk music was grating though.

Oh yeah, I agree with this. I actually dug the music in the beginning but ended up muting it altogether after playing it so much because after a while it just got on my nerves.

Skyzard

Banned
I'd buy it on PC for sure, loved the look of it when I first saw it on the x1 reveal. Was kind of hoping it would happen since MS is going all PC friendly...

Have they actually said they are not making a sequel?

Are Insomiac and MS even making another game together or what just a one off deal?

I absolutely love this game!

It was one of the first games I picked up for the Xbox One, I would love a PC version, it would be fantastic!

Drek

My understanding was that a major reason Insomniac chose MS was that they got to keep the IP rights. I'd imagine that included MS having first refusal on a sequel but Insomniac is a pretty accomplished studio, they could potentially do a sequel themselves if MS declined.

farisr

I played an hour of it during the free 24 hour trial and bought it on sale. Still in its shrink wrap. I may get around to it soon, especially now that I have the XB1S and its easier to move the console from the basement to my room, not to mention I don't have PS4 games to distract me since I sold off my PS4 in anticipation of the Neo.

Amazing game, its the only reason I dont regret buying an xbox one (have a high end PC so going forward will buy only PC version of games since Microsoft are making everything X1 & PC at launch)

Would look even better at 1080/60 or higher of course (I imagine a 1080 or Titan X Pascal could run it at 4K) versus the original 900p/30

This post has made me want to go back and replay it. Only thing I didnt like were the defend the base missions

FelipeMGM

Have they actually said they are not making a sequel?

Are Insomiac and MS even making another game together or what just a one off deal?

Well, they never touched the matter, the game apperently didnt sell well and Marcus Smith which was SO creative director is working on Feral Rites, an action VR game, so we assume that no, they arent.

Which is a shame

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Phenomenal game. I love the aesthetics, the ost, gameplay, and it even had fucking King Buzzo!

It's criminal that this game didn't do well

I really really want to play this game but there's no way I'm buying an Xbone just to play it. Maybe many years from now if the console is as cheap as the OG 360's at gamestop now then I'll buy one just to play this. But if Insomniac thinks only Xbone owners deserve to play it, then it never deserved a chance on the market.

eldudebro

You know when I bought my xbox one back in 2014, it was the white model sunset overdrive bundle I bought.

I've still to redeem the voucher for the game..... maybe I should get on that.

Top Bottom