• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software says a little more about their new games [UP: More on Souls-like game]

So every Fromsoft or even RPG thread wouldn't become Bloodborne circlejerking. I love the game but this for me personally is the most irritating thing in Gaming Side.
"The witcher 3 is a great ga-"
"BLOODBORNE WAS ROBBED"
"Fromsoft working on new IP's"
"BLOODBORNE 2 BLOODBORNE 2 BLOODBORNE 2"
"Playing through dark souls 3"
"YEAH BUT HAVE YOU PLAYED BLOODBORNE"

It's a great game for sure and one of my all time favorites but it doesn't need to be involved every discussion of anything loosely connected to it go the point where it consumes all discussion.
yes coming from someone who baited Bloodborne fans into a witcher 3 thread

Fwiw I also believe all the people clamoring for Bloodborne 2 will be the same people complaining and making "Bloodborne 2: what went wrong?" Threads when they realize that From can't recapture the same magic of the first game by reusing the IP. Better to just make a new franchise and adopt some of its innovations and create a new world instead which is absolutely what the souls game in the OP will do since according to a GAF translation and other sources, it is a new IP which is for the best.

Alboreo

Armored Core! This is the first I've heard of it actually coming out honestly, I probably missed something but I'm still really hype right now.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The Souls like game is probably Bloodborne 2 but I'd much prefer something new again. A new world, new lore, and it's own flavor.

martino

Fwiw I also believe all the people clamoring for Bloodborne 2 will be the same people complaining and making "Bloodborne 2: what went wrong?" Threads when they realize that From can't recapture the same magic of the first game by reusing the IP. Better to just make a new franchise and adopt some of its innovations and create a new world instead which is absolutely what the souls game in the OP will do since according to a GAF translation and other sources, it is a new IP which is for the best.
200w.gif

Looking forward to Armored Core and I know I'll be getting shit for this but I hope its more like 4A, not a huge fan of what they did in 5.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Kojima and Miyazaki are easily my favorite game makers. I'm incredibly excited to see what's next from both of them.

Gbraga

Completely agree. From Soft are at their best when they're creating new universes, while keeping the games loosely connected by mechanics alone.

Demon's to Dark and then Dark to Bloodborne felt much more interesting than Dark to Dark II and III.

And I actually consider Dark Souls II and III to be better games than Demon's, but the excitement of exploring an all new world without having any idea of what will happen next is much more fun to me than just "let's see what happened since the previous game". I also had a ton of fun exploring the lore of Dark Souls III, but while Bloodborne had me thinking about it daily and spending countless hours discussing its world's intricacies, in Dark Souls III it was more about just acknowledging things and going "cool".

So every Fromsoft or even RPG thread wouldn't become Bloodborne circlejerking. I love the game but this for me personally is the most irritating thing in Gaming Side.
"BLOODBORNE WAS ROBBED"

It's a great game for sure and one of my all time favorites but it doesn't need to be involved every discussion of anything loosely connected to it go the point where it consumes all discussion.

ELDRITCH HORROR

I feel ya.

I am surprised Sony has not got From to make any Bloodborne related announcement considering the first game sold pretty well.

Come on From, Bloodborne 2. Make it happen.

VertPin

With how much money and great reception Bloodborne got, I am sure a sequel is in development. It would be stupid not to follow after.

usp84

"BLOODBORNE WAS ROBBED"

Sound to me like you are the one who has the problem not everyone else who just express their wishes and opinions.

You also seem to be a time traveler since you already know how a potential BB 2 will be.Ridiculous

Lynx_7

So TotallyNotSouls, Armored Core and Miyazaki's long dreamed Popolocrois game? Got it.

I hope the Soulsesque title is in a new setting. These games work much better when they're building a completely new world and lore than when they're iterating on a previous one. We've only had medieval, victorian
and feudal Japan
so there are still many possible settings for a Souls game to explore. I want a cyberpunk souls.

Sound to me like you are the one who has the problem not everyone else who just express their wishes and opinions.

You also seem to be a time traveler since you already know how a potential BB 2 will be.Ridiculous
Someone asked my opinion, I expressed it. Sorry I hurt your feelings. I'm just as much allowed to voice my opinions and concerns as much as anyone else and if you don't like what I have to say then feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Was/am secretly hoping the "weird" project is 3D Dot Game Heroes related because god damn I had fun with that one even though it doesn't seem likely.

Shit, I would be game for a rerelease even though imagine the Souls games would be first to get that treatment.

Hope the new Armored Core game has an amazing OST like 4/answers did ;___; I did not enjoy 5 at all.....anyone have a track that will change my mind from AC5 OST????

usp84

Someone asked my opinion, I expressed it. Sorry I hurt your feelings. I'm just as much allowed to voice my opinions and concerns as much as anyone else and if you don't like what I have to say then feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Wow lol relax.

I just expressed my opinion about your opinion etc etc.

Jingo

One got to be bloodborne, the lore is set, the new mechanics too, they have the cake right there and one of the best selling ps4 exclusives, do it.

What if it was Bloodborne before the fall?

Shit, that would actually be an awesome thing to explore.
It would be a lot less intense than Bloodborne so I'm not sure what the point would be. Arguably the only less tame area would be Old Yharnam, everything else was handled fairly competently during the hunts. The hunt in Bloodborne was the worst (and last)

muteant

even though I'll probably lament the fact that the efforts that went into a Bloodborne 2 could instead have been invested in a new IP, I don't think I can notwant a BB sequel prior to experiencing that disappointment firsthand. damn you, desire.

Persona7

Banned
He could direct Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 at the same time. I believe him.

People forget that both games also had co-directors which definitely lessened the attention spent while also allowing to fulfill roles related to being the president of the company. That is a pretty good way to handle these things.

DMONKUMA

I imagine these games won't be revealed until 2018(most likely e3) if they still need a couple more years to work on them.

I imagine these games won't be revealed until 2018(most likely e3) if they still need a couple more years to work on them.
They've probably been in development since last year, I'd imagine E3 2017 reveal for the souls game if it's running on the dark souls 3 engine.

DMONKUMA

They've probably been in development since last year, I'd imagine E3 2017 reveal for the souls game if it's running on the dark souls 3 engine.

Yea that seems plausible. I hope they aren't exclusive since I would like to enjoy them at staple 60(if can) and have more people play some of their games.

Honestly, as much as I think I want a Bloodborne 2, my heart tells me I really want a game that gives me the same feelings of mystery and uncertainly that Bloodborne was able to provide. So, I'd ultimately rather have a new IP that gives me similar (yet also different) "Soulsbourne" gameplay in a unique setting.

Yeah people who say there's "no need" for a BB2 are, like, confusingly incoherent with that point.

So really good games don't get considered for sequels? How about Dark Souls? I guess they should have called it quits after DeS huh? No room for expansion or improvement I guess (this is sarcasm).

Like, it's fine if it's not your most hotly anticipated idea, but the concept that From should be or even is making BB2 is actually quite normal, and something many people want. Bloodborne was a very, very good game with a universe that can expand and improvements can be added.

Bloodborne is its own series separate from DS. Why is that hard to understand? I mean, I'm not a militant Bloodborne keyboard warrior, but at this point the weird sentiment that it needs to stay a single entry series is just fuckin transparent and poorly argued.

Bloodborne can retain a feeling of unfamiliarity and discovery if it has a sequel for shit's sake. I cannot grasp where the notion comes from that it would be a waste of time. IMO there's more promise for this world to expand than DS, but that's down to personal taste.

So we've heard that the first game is similar to Dark Souls but takes a different approach (like Bloodborne did with its more aggressive approach) and is something we're expecting (like Bloodborne 2). I also don't know what you would call Bloodborne other than Dark Fantasy. Horror maybe?

How could it not be Bloodborne 2?

Top Bottom