• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K17- Review Thread

noface

Been playing this game since last friday and online is still a laggy shit show. Its basically impossible to play online with the amount of lag, you have to release shots well before the animation says to.

Every year this same problem exists, its frustrating.

I had the same problem with my outside SG in 2k16. Since I am pretty proud of my timing skills this just does my head in and I switched (like literally everyone else) to a mutant 7'3 center grabbing rebounds and going in for the dunk. 700 games played in Pro-Am and can't get myself to buy 2k17 although my whole team is giving me a hard time because they have to get by without a center.

edit: does it still have the 'waiting for opponent' problem?

RS4-

Been playing this game since last friday and online is still a laggy shit show. Its basically impossible to play online with the amount of lag, you have to release shots well before the animation says to.

And every year reviews give this shit 8s and 9s and pretend online and VC aren't a problem.

I had the same problem with my outside SG in 2k16. Since I am pretty proud of my timing skills this just does my head in and I switched (like literally everyone else) to a mutant 7'3 center grabbing rebounds and going in for the dunk. 700 games played in Pro-Am and can't get myself to buy 2k17 although my whole team is giving me a hard time because they have to get by without a center.

edit: does it still have the 'waiting for opponent' problem?

No but the whole my court stuff is super frustrating still, i dont want to run to a court and wait. Just let me queue up and play some games.

I played about 10 straight games Saturday Night in MyPark, and I didn't experience any lag at all. My brother in law, playing on my team the whole time, had the same experiences as you.

He is also playing on WiFi, from his basement with the wireless router upstairs. I am playing with a wired connection using Powerline adapters.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
This series has NOT been fun at all this gen. I bought all 13 previous games. Took days off to get it first thing launch day. Not anymore. Maybe fun for someone that doesn't play more than an hour in the span of 6 months...but with VC, this game has turned into a cash grab.

"Polished as ever" is a complete joke. 2K16 was the drizzling shits of this series...but if you criticize the game in any way the devs can ban you in the game.

You're stuck in a My Player mode where you don't have much of a choice but to follow the story on rails. You can't seem to make a player and let him earn a spot in the NBA through different means (D-League, try outs)

Top Bottom