• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

just bought the game, physical copy, installation is 47GB, what the hell ?? what's the point of the disc of i'm downloading the whole game ? is this some kind of a glitch or something ?? i don't remember any game doing this

Switch your Xbox One to Offline and then it will install from the disc, instead. Then you can switch it back online and just grab the 4GB patch. That's what I did. I do it for all disc games as my internet speed is slow and it takes days to download these huge games.

jacobeid

Banned
Man. I'm still missing VIP and bonus cars for PC even after their "fix".

Same, whenever the PC version *actually* decides to load up for me. Xbox seems to be fine now.

Reallllllly disappointed with how this turned out. Game is both great and a complete technical piece of shit at the same time. Stuttering, CTD, and worse performance on a PC that greatly outshines the capabilities of my XB1.

Hoping that they can implement some patches but considering how Apex was never fixed I'm not getting my hopes up. This does not inspire any confidence at all with UWP and play anywhere.

Neil_J_UK

I like that it tells you how many players have recruited you as a drivatar for their festival, I just wish it would tell you who did it!

xviper

i always install the games in seconds on PS4, xbox one takes few minutes, but FH3 installing is 47GB, that's not installing, the disc is empty and i'm downloading the whole game, is anyone having the same problem or is it just me ??

Certinty

I think there is an issue where the game downloads the game even when you have the disc.

It was painfully slow for me so what I did was:
- Took disc out
- Delete the data that had been installed/downloaded
- Put console to offline mode
- Reinserted disc

Installed much much quicker.

i always install the games in seconds on PS4, xbox one takes few minutes, but FH3 installing is 47GB, that's not installing, the disc is empty and i'm downloading the whole game, is anyone having the same problem or is it just me ??

Yeah it will download the whole thing. Switch your Xbox One to offline and it will install from the disc.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think there is an issue where the game downloads the game even when you have the disc.

It was painfully slow for me so what I did was:
- Took disc out
- Delete the data that had been installed/downloaded
- Put console to offline mode
- Reinserted disc

Installed much much quicker.

That's not possible, you don't own a digital license.
You must have clicked "download update now" at the prompt, which initiated the updated and paused the disc installation.

jesu

Yeah it will download the whole thing. Switch your Xbox One to offline and it will install from the disc.

No it doesn't.
It installs it off the disc.
Problem is if you download the patch and install from disc at the same time it takes forever.

Certinty

That's not possible, you don't own a digital license.
You must have clicked "download update now" at the prompt, which initiated the updated and paused the disc installation.
Oh, either way it still made the process a lot longer as it downloaded and installed really slowly. Installing the game then updating it after was much quicker.

jacobeid

Banned
My PC version can no longer sync any data and just immediately crashes to desktop whenever it tries.

Mannnnnnnnn. What a waste of $40. If I knew the PC version would be such shit I would have gone physical XB1 with Best Buy and spent less than half of what I did digitally with absolutely no recourse. Never buying another UWP game on release again.

Can you pm me your email and gamertag please.

Sent you a PM. Really hope that you can help.

Edit: wow, now my XB1 version won't load at all, giving me the data syncing error as well. When I try to hit load from last sync the game crashes.

I'm out. Wish I could sell this piece of shit or get my $100 back.

lazerfox

So when does the standard version of the game unlock when bought from the Singapore store? I guess it's some hours before midnight GMT?

Spasm

I haven't really liked rally events in previous games, but holy shit, the Evo vs. Imprezza Sunset Rally Championship series at the Outback festival is incredible. So fun.

Bravoexo

We might need an FAQ for the rest of the folks who'll just be starting out on Forza Horizon 3 and will see all of the same questions asked. Plus some really newbies to xbox one and its game install behavior it seems.

Kickz

Is there a reason to get the Ultimate edition for 99 bux other than the earlier release?
I am thinking of this for PC

jacobeid

Banned
Just finished a race in 1st and the game glitched at 99% progress so I had to start it all over. Was unable to rewind to try and cross the finish line again.

Fuck this game it's making me so incredibly frustrated.

Edit: Just did it twice in a row. First street race. I'm done. Uninstalled.

louiedog

When they first started talking about dragging cameras around Australia to take photos of the sky I was interested because great skyboxes are something I tend to notice. Then most of the promo shots/video I saw were just sunny skies with a few clouds that looked good, but not really that amazing compared to other games.

Now that I've seen a ton of different skies with interesting and unique cloud cover, lighting at dawn/dusk, etc. I get it. It's really amazing.

Game is great so far. I'm having a good time driving around doing skills and discovering roads. Even though I haven't had the problems others have had I'm still waiting for the game to work the bugs out before I really dive into the single player.

The difficulty settings definitely needs adjusting. It's either too easy or wayyy too difficult. It also varies too much, so seemingly every race needs adjusting to find the setting that allows you to be competitive.

Also, I don't understand what was wrong with the first games implementation of selecting races that we are now stuck with this version. The first game was simple. You needed a certain glass of car for every race. You knew before you went and therefore it made you drive every class of car in the game. Now you just drive the car you have. Whatever race it is you can select whatever class of car you want. No incentive to drive any of the lesser class of cars unless you just want to keep it stock cause reasons. Ugh.

With the implementation of Blueprints they should have given you a standard. If you wanted to change it so be it.

At least the game has much better atmosphere this time.

jesu

Game is great so far. I'm having a good time driving around doing skills and discovering roads. Even though I haven't had the problems others have had I'm still waiting for the game to work the bugs out before I really dive into the single player.

The difficulty settings definitely needs adjusting. It's either too easy or wayyy too difficult. It also varies too much, so seemingly every race needs adjusting to find the setting that allows you to be competitive.

Also, I don't understand what was wrong with the first games implementation of selecting races that we are now stuck with this version. The first game was simple. You needed a certain glass of car for every race. You knew before you went and therefore it made you drive every class of car in the game. Now you just drive the car you have. Whatever race it is you can select whatever class of car you want. No incentive to drive any of the lesser class of cars unless you just want to keep it stock cause reasons. Ugh.

With the implementation of Blueprints they should have given you a standard. If you wanted to change it so be it.

At least the game has much better atmosphere this time.

They have with the Championships.

They have with the Championships.

Maybe it's different in some championships but I just did one where I changed the car from an S1 to an A class. Same race, just quit and selected a different car.

Also, even though it can be overwhelming when you see all the events in an area, I can appreciate not having to take a road trip to change races. Thumbs up Playground.

I bought a Forza Horizon 3 - Pre-Load - Digital Code at Amazon. Already redeem it and install it on my PC.

The Pre-Order Bonus: 2016 Audi R8 V10 plus and 2016 Mercedes-Benz E63 S Coupe are already unlocked with the game code? or amazon sends another code for unlock them?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can confirm that my VIP status and DLC cars were finally activated this morning on PC. Glad to see the fix came through before the official release.

Stevey

So can we customise tire side walls?
I've only seen Forza Horizon on them when I install one of them phat bodykits.
Is there a way to get them without installing the bodykit?

Woo hoo! I got the Forza Horizon 1 soundtrack working as a playlist in groove music.

I also managed to get some stuff at the auction house, but now every bid is failing again. Not sure if it's just me or if it is having problems in general

Top Bottom