• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban english sub project finished (Youtube videos)

Mivey

There is already a group translating the game,but you may wait a bit longer,maybe next year?
last time i heard about the project they finished the first case.
Would there be a way to play on 3DS hardware? I mean, you can't get 3DS roms to play last I heard, so maybe a way to manipulate the data on an existing cartridge?

L.O.R.D

Would there be a way to play on 3DS hardware? I mean, you can't get 3DS roms to play last I heard, so maybe a way to manipulate the data on an existing cartridge?
Huh? The translation is actually working on 3DS it self.
I didn't know much about fan translation on 3DS,maybe they are using emulator to sub the game,but the patch will work on the real ROM of the game and you can play it if you have homebrew on your 3DS or CFW better.

Tohsaka

It's been possible for a long time, there are already some fully fan-translated games like Beyond the Labryrinth and some others.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holding out hope for a playable fansubbed version of this, but it's good to have a last resort.

This. Do a fantranslation if you already have the script. The "hard part" is over. The coding is where the issues will be in patching it into the game to let people play it themselves instead of watching a video.

Vibranium

Banned
I want to play the game officially so bad, Capcom could cut us a break and bundle it with the upcoming sequel through the eshop or something.

Totakeke

I'm not going to spoil this game on the off chance it reaches us at some point in time!

I was evaluating how much time it would take me to forget the details of a case then comparing that to what's the earliest we would ever get this game localized.... it's either one year away or they'll only change their minds after DGS2 is released in Japan so that's probably 2-3 years away. Then I gave up and decided watching case 1 was worth it.

Right now 3DS hardware is the only way to play it, until 3DS emulation improves. Hacked 3DS hardware to be precise.

Is there a legal method?

It's legal (after all these hacks are hosted on publicly visible websites), it just voids your warranty.

t26

This. Do a fantranslation if you already have the script. The "hard part" is over. The coding is where the issues will be in patching it into the game to let people play it themselves instead of watching a video.

The hard part is the hacking. There are more than a few projects where translation is done but stuck with hacking (most recent with captain rainbow )

Top Bottom