• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC performance thread

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

(Click for general game info.)

System requirements:
codiwsysreqsdcxav.jpg

Latest drivers: (as at 21/12/2017)
Nvidia: 388.71
AMD: 17.12.2
Intel: Depends on your processor; download the driver update utility

Benchmarks:
Guru3D (English; launch build)
TechPowerup (English; launch build)

Tips and tricks:
Cap the framerate/potentially improve frametimes: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server, input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit enter (the program comes bundled with MSI Afterburner and earlier versions of EVGA PrecisionX). Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU have the option of Nvidia Inspector, which can also be used to impose a framerate cap, either in a similar manner to RTSS or by way of forcing a different vsync interval (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if you your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frametimes. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower framerate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Stop the game from crashing after 15 minutes on touch-capable systems running Windows 10: Open the task manager, switch to the Services tab and disable TabletInputService.
Fix uncharacteristically low-res textures: Disable sun and shadow spot shadow caching. (Credit to RamaTheVoice.)
Fix stuttering during cutscenes: Follow the instructions here. (Credit to MaLDo.)
Fix poor performance on Nvidia GPUs: Downgrade to the 382.53 drivers. (Credit to shanafan.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to mention my username as this way the post will appear among the results when I search for my username after an absence. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

Graphics settings:

Display adaptor: Self-explanatory
Display mode: Windows; Fullscreen windows; Fullscreen
Monitor: Self-explanatory
Screen refresh rate: Self-explanatory
Sync every frame: No/Yes
Resolution: Self-explanatory
Render resolution: Native; 70% -> 200% in increments of 10%

Texture resolution: Very low; Low; Normal; High
Texture filter anisotropic: Low; Normal; High

Shadow map resolution: Auto; Normal; High; Extra
Shadow caster levels: Low; Normal; High
Cache spot shadows: No/Yes
Cache sun shadows: No/Yes
Volumetric lighting: No/Yes
Ambient occlusion: No/Yes
Particle lighting: Low; Normal; High; Ultra

Depth of field: No/Yes
Motion blur: No/Yes
Anti-aliasing: Off; FXAA; Filmic SMAA 1x; Filmic SMAA T2x
Filmic strength: Adjust amount of temporal blurring versus image stability when anti-aliasing the scene (no discernible values)
Film grain: Reduce strength of noise versus TV sharpness setting (no discernible values)

Bullet impact: No/Yes
Tessellation: Off; Near; All
Particle quality: Normal/High
Level of detail: Low; Normal; High; Ultra
FoV scale: 80 -> 120 in increments of 1

Kalentan

Oh shit!?

I know I'm getting the PS4 version but I like what I'm seeing on the PC side. Hope its a good port!

Also that FOV is nice.

Gothos

Props for ability to select Monitor. So few games have it :( Wonder how it'll run on my i5-3470 and MSI 970.

JaseC

So you go around searching your name OP?

Sometimes someone has asked me a question. Sometimes a back-and-forth I was previously engaged in has continued. Sometimes... well, you get the idea: I do it to keep on top of things, not out of narcissism. ;)

JoeLT

My game is in Chinese or some similar language by the looks of it, is there a language selection option anywhere in the menus?

Are 4GB VRAM enough for the high textures?

Auto-configure will give you high with 4GB dedicated video memory by default, should play well.

Props for ability to select Monitor. So few games have it :( Wonder how it'll run on my i5-3470 and MSI 970.

Thanks--the DXGI stuff is a nightmare to support properly but we try (for instance we just fixed a bug with 150% DPI scaling setups on Windows 7 only this morning...).

Your config should be fine, i5-3470 is good, and GTX 970 was the standard workstation GPU at IW for most of development, I believe.

JaseC

Is there early unlock via VPN?

Ah, yeah, but the bandwidth/session time limits of most free services are probably going to be problematic. VPN Gate should be fine; select a server in AU/NZ/Asia. If you use the Steam mobile app for the purpose of 2FA, you'll need to log out of the app and change your Steam password prior to connecting to the VPN (you can still receive Steam Guard codes from the app when logged out).

Ah, yeah, but the bandwidth/session time limits of most free services are probably going to be problematic. VPN Gate should be fine; select a server in AU/NZ/Asia. If you use the Steam mobile app for the purpose of 2FA, you'll need to log out of the app and change your Steam password prior to connecting to the VPN (you can still receive Steam Guard codes from the app when logged out).

Is it live in any regions yet?

RE4PRR

No sli for me so far

2x1080 3440x1440.

Make sure to check refresh rate as although mine is 100hz ingame it defaulted to 60 and you have to manually adjust.

I missed the shadow settings so I don't know what they are for me, but at 1x smaa and everything else maxed out my fps goes anywhere from 60-100+ when I was checking. I think gsync really helped with these framerates.

This is 3 hours in campaign. Game looks spectacular I'll give it that.

I'm getting serious Battlestar Galactica/ u.s.s Sulaco feelings with the ships.

Kalentan

No sli for me so far

2x1080 3440x1440.

Make sure to check refresh rate as although mine is 100hz ingame it defaulted to 60 and you have to manually adjust.

I missed the shadow settings so I don't know what they are for me, but at 1x smaa and everything else maxed out my fps goes anywhere from 60-100+ when I was checking. I think gsync really helped with these framerates.

This is 3 hours in campaign. Game looks spectacular I'll give it that.

Any screenshots?

robotrock

Banned
Steam version here.

Looks like it did the same thing as recent CoDs and defaulted the res to the highest DSR factor- booted in 4K.

better that then inititally launching in 640x480.

Max Payne 3 did that crap with an unskippable cutscene that you could not pause and change the res on

wbEMX

FOV slider AND good performance for an IW PC game? God bless.

Too bad that this is Infinite Warfare, though. :p They probably use a mix between P2P and dedis again, right? Would consider getting it someday if the netcode and the player base is there.

RE4PRR

So there's people in the sub Reddit complaining about a 91 fps cap that I don't have as I went over that.

Anyone here have the same issue?

RE4PRR

Were you in campaign or zombies mode? I believe the cap is only for multiplayer.

Thanks for clarifying.

That's a weird cap to have. Doesn't bother me since it's just under my monitor refresh, but it would be nice for the idiots on the Reddit to actually state it's on that :/

Vitor711

Warning - those tests are just for the opening scenes.

I'm a few levels in and BARELY breaking 60FPS on a 1080/i5-4690k at 1440p.

The game looks amazing in places but it veers from 60FPS to 120FPS, even in levels that don't seem that complex. It's not consistent.

Haven't installed the latest Nvidia driver which I'll do tomorrow to see if it helps.

RE4PRR

Warning - those tests are just for the opening scenes.

I'm a few levels in and BARELY breaking 60FPS on a 1080/i5-4690k at 1440p.

The game looks amazing in places but it veers from 60FPS to 120FPS, even in levels that don't seem that complex. It's not consistent.

Haven't installed the latest Nvidia driver which I'll do tomorrow to see if it helps.

They don't have a game ready driver yet, I get near the same fps dips as you do, it's all over the place.

JaseC

Is Zombies in the MP install branch? Zombies always has a single player mode right?

As with BLOPS 3, MP isn't its own game. Instead, the separate modes -- SP, MP and zombies -- each have their own DLC app, so you can still install only what you want to play. This isn't true of MWR, though, oddly enough.

d00d3n

21:9 support?

Exemplary support for 21:9 resolutions from what I can see. There is a fov slider that goes pretty far compared with other games. I settled for fov 90 (default was 80), which worked nicely with my Z35 display.

The game runs great on my setup. Running 3840x1620, everything on their highest settings, best filmic AA, tesselation on everything, highest details on everything and vsync disabled. Gets me a frame rate of about 60-70 fps in practice (occasionally a bit lower, though), which seems smooth on my gsync.

The two introductory levels felt pretty great. Really awe-inspiring visuals with all the massive capital ships and carriers levitating everywhere in the second level. Gameplay is classic COD fare though, and not really competitive with Titanfall 2.

specs: 5820k@4.3, 16Gb RAM, Titan X Pascal, installed on ssd, win10, steam version

Top Bottom