• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Premium Edition Bundle?

I was recently installed Forza Motorsport 6: Apex on my gaming PC's for the Extralife event that takes place tomorrow and I seemed to have stumbled on to something.

Apparently, MS is prepping a new release of Apex - Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Premium Edition Bundle. I hadn't seen any announcements of this, but what's odd is that it introduces 2 car packs and 1 track pack for Apex. Last I knew, Apex didn't have any car parks / expansions.

forza6apex-bundle-main.jpg

http://www.theouterhaven.net/2016/1...mium-edition-bundle-windows-10-releasing-117/

Hyper Endurance Car Pack - The Hyper Endurance Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex features seven cars for you to collect and race. Once purchased, these cars are available to be used in free play and in new Spotlight events.

Power To Weight Car Pack - The Power to Weight Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex features seven cars for you to collect and race. Once purchased, these cars are available to be used in free and in new Spotlight events.

Nürburgring Track Pack - The Nürburgring Track Pack for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex features the legendary Nürburgring, including the Nordschleife, GP Circuit, and the Full Circuit, all featuring day, night, and wet conditions.

Run me over with a go kart if this is old.

xrnzaaas

Well I don't know about you, but I'm at the very least interested in this while FM7 comes out!

I'm not saying it's a bad deal. The price and size of the DLC's is pretty much the same as the ones for the Xbox Forza 6 (the only difference is that FM6 never got any track packs). It's just funny to me that keeping FM6 Apex as somewhat a showcase and trial before other Forza games isn't enough for them anymore... they have FH3 doing good things for them right now and FM7 should be released around September next year.

etta

my hard graphic balls
F6 ring in the rain is fuckin tight

F7 on Scorpio might be mind blowing only to think about it
They gotta do dynamic TOD and weather, even if those features get disabled on Xbox One and need Scorpio.
Please Turn 10, PLEASE!!!

Gestault

After finishing most of Apex, my only issue is that I've still encountered the issue where after playing for several hours, something behind the scenes starts causing performance hitching (when it normally runs flawlessly), which gets worse and worse until you quit out.

Otherwise, it's one of the best free "lite" versions of a game I've played. Paid packs seem totally reasonable to flesh things out beyond the base. It also demands to be played with headphones.

dmix90

Nordschleife!!!
Might actually buy... They should also release Laguna Seca track and this F2P thing will cover 99% of my FM needs.

m23

They gotta do dynamic TOD and weather, even if those features get disabled on Xbox One and need Scorpio.
Please Turn 10, PLEASE!!!

How often do you really do endurance races though? They would really only make a difference in really long races, no?

I mean it could be cool to have a little more rain after each lap or day change a little but I don't see that as a huge feature.

Now if they start adding snow into the game, or have wind play a part in races, I think those would be more interesting.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Latimer

Banned
Ugh those DLC packs. I really hate how almost all the cars in this game are modern, there are some old muscle cars but that's about it.

Bring on Forza 7.

I wish the dlc cars had challenges tied to each one, and I don't mean the spotlight events. Stuff like win 10 races using this car orcomplete 10 laps around silverstone for this car, stuff like 1000 club in forza horizon 1.

To me car packs are a waste but having the nurb and gp tracks in apex is great news.

Wait, so this doesn't include the full version of Forza Motorsport 6 right?

Apex is like a slice of the main game but presented a little differently, you could treat it like an arcade mode with a string of events and a selection of circuits and cars.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Apex's performance is already almost literally perfect. No other game can hit 100FPS at 4K on a single GPU. The performance is sheer madness.

Then you haven't had the infamous stuttering that hits Apex AND Horizon 3, then. You're lucky. Other people aren't.

rakanishu

Banned
I understand what they are trying to do with Apex, but I really just want a full game like vanilla Forza 6. I actually hope this kind of fails, so they won't release a gimped version of 7 to get those micro transactions going. The main draw of Forza for me has always been the amazing car selection, and buying them by packs doesn't make sense to me. I like old, quirky, cheap and what you would call "regular" cars. Packs always include some kind of modern super car or LM/GT cars that I have no interest in. Also no customization or upgrades = no buy.

I also just reinstalled Apex to see if they had managed to add 21:9 support. They haven't. Kind of weird considering FH3 had it at launch.

Theorry

I understand what they are trying to do with Apex, but I really just want a full game like vanilla Forza 6. I actually hope this kind of fails, so they won't release a gimped version of 7 to get those micro transactions going. The main draw of Forza for me has always been the amazing car selection, and buying them by packs doesn't make sense to me. I like old, quirky, cheap and what you would call "regular" cars. Packs always include some kind of modern super car or LM/GT cars that I have no interest in.

I also just reinstalled Apex to see if they had managed to add 21:9 support. They haven't. Kind of weird considering FH3 had it at launch.

They offcourse gonna release a full Forza 7 on PC. Its gonna be play anywhere. Apex is just a big beta for them really. A smart one imo.

Apex's performance is already almost literally perfect. No other game can hit 100FPS at 4K on a single GPU. The performance is sheer madness.

Not true. Unless they patched 4+ core issue with most recent patch, it suffered from the same bad stutters as Horizon 3, just to a lesser degree, because Apex is less complex. I had to do "disable core 0 trick" to get smooth fps in Apex.

Momentary

Banned
Apex performs fine for me. I get about 130-140 FPS @ 4K without many stuttering issues. I'm also in the 4+ core camp with an i7 6850. I wonder if 6700 users experience the same bullshit in Apex and Horizon.

Horizon 3 on the other hand. I fired that up last night and finally ended up removing it from my ssd. That' game's performance is gutter trash. I get the same jacked up stuttering framerate at 1440p MAX as I do at 1024x768 on the lowest settings possible. The performance of that game is garbage. There are some serious issues with the PC port.

Both games have stuttering issues, but Horzion is SO bad that APEX's issues seem minuscule compared to the former.

Not true. Unless they patched 4+ core issue with most recent patch, it suffered from the same bad stutters as Horizon 3, just to a lesser degree, because Apex is less complex. I had to do "disable core 0 trick" to get smooth fps in Apex.
It's been perfect since launch for me. The only bug I ever had was the blurry photo mode one, other than that I've never seen a game perform better.

Fair enough that others might have had problems but to say my post is "not true" is simply wrong.

MaLDo

It is, if they haven't fixed the goddamn performance.
Loads of ppl including myself have noticeable stuttering.

One month ago, using the 0 cpu + limiting to 60 fps in drivers was almost perfect minus one or two stutters per lap in Brazil track (every other track was perfect). I stopped playing for these problems.

After recent Windows 10 updates + game updates + last nvidia drivers, those stutters have disappeared. Finally I can play the game with locked 60 fps in every track / condition. You can even quit the game using the controller!

I'm seriously considering buying the new packs for the game even when my goal was not to spend money on the windows store. My current collection in the store:

Candy Crush Jelly - free
Killer Instinct - free atm for me
Beach Buggy Racing - free
Gears of War 4 - gifted with gpu
Forza 6 Apex - free atm

Interesting how I can rethink some things after the fantastic experience with GOW4 and the current state of Forza Apex. Unfortunately the Forza Horizon 3 demo is still a disgrace (perfect framerate in every race but regular stutters in free roam).

Top Bottom