• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

raven777
(11-11-2016, 08:43 AM)

will come out on 2017
they will have closed beta test for android. 5000 pepople

https://twitter.com/BDFE_OFFICIAL

// Mod Edit:

This is notable as the last mobile game was not, to my knowledge, developed by Silicon:

Originally Posted by zeromcd73

It says right on the announcement pic that development is by Square Enix x Silicon Studio.

Realeza
Banned
(11-11-2016, 08:43 AM)
Hopefully is not ridden with IAP.
vareon
(11-11-2016, 08:45 AM)
My heart stopped beating for a second.

Not that I hate mobile, but like Praying Brage I have no hope of this playable in English.

The good news is that Bravely IP has some value to SE?
Kouriozan
(11-11-2016, 08:46 AM)
Yep I doubt this will leave Japan, still curious about it.
EndlessSky
(11-11-2016, 08:46 AM)
Kinda off topic, but does bravely second change the subtitle at any point like the first one did? If so, any speculation what this one might change to?
kuroneko0509
(11-11-2016, 08:47 AM)

Originally Posted by EndlessSky

Kinda off topic, but does bravely second change the subtitle at any point like the first one did? If so, any speculation what this one might change to?

yes for 1st question.as for 2nd one, but don't bet on this game's subtitle will change. non of the side games had it. granted, i'm not that far on both praying brage & d's report, but doubt those 2 really had subtitle change
psynergylover
(11-11-2016, 08:49 AM)
somewhat of a spoiler(actually it is, involves both 1&2)

my protip is: if you see a fairy...KILL IT IMMEDIATELY
Giolon
(11-11-2016, 08:51 AM)
New Bravely Default? Hell ye-...oh.

Smartphone, probably a spin off then? Well, I hope it's more than a typical gacha or CC game.
raven777
(11-11-2016, 08:53 AM)

icon image for the game.
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
(11-11-2016, 08:53 AM)

Originally Posted by vareon

My heart stopped beating for a second.

Not that I hate mobile, but like Praying Brage I have no hope of this playable in English.

The good news is that Bravely IP has some value to SE?

I think Bravely has mostly carried on thanks to Tomoya Asano. Though given how some of their other smaller budget RPGs have fared maybe they'll give him the chance to expand the IP?
Jonneh3003
Banned
(11-11-2016, 08:54 AM)
Can't say I'm not disappointed, the series seems to do really well on 3DS but at least this can broaden the appeal.
cw_sasuke
If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
(11-11-2016, 08:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Realeza

Heh.
CrimsonSquall
(11-11-2016, 08:57 AM)
This is great. Always been interested but don't own a 3DS
Shadylunchbox
Banned
(11-11-2016, 08:59 AM)
BOOOOOO
Pureauthor
(11-11-2016, 08:59 AM)
It's a fairy! Kill it kill it kill it
Aters
(11-11-2016, 09:01 AM)
Go play Bravely Second guys, it's a great game.
Sammy Samusu
(11-11-2016, 10:03 AM)
Will play.
Intel_89
(11-11-2016, 04:37 PM)
Fuck Square Enix if they drop the continuity of the series on console due to mobile revenue.
LayLa
(11-11-2016, 04:47 PM)

The game is set in Ireland and the subtitle will change to Fair Fect, which is how your wallet will feel after all the IAP :p
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(11-11-2016, 05:27 PM)
So, I can't quite tell, but it seems like this one might actually be made by Silicon Studio itself, unlike Bravely Archive, which was outsourced to my understanding.
zeromcd73
(11-11-2016, 05:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

So, I can't quite tell, but it seems like this one might actually be made by Silicon Studio itself, unlike Bravely Archive, which was outsourced to my understanding.

It says right on the announcement pic that development is by Square Enix x Silicon Studio.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(11-11-2016, 06:53 PM)

Originally Posted by zeromcd73

Thank you. Updating the title a bit.
Linkstrikesback
(11-11-2016, 06:55 PM)
So long as I get Bravely Third on ...I guess probably switch now, they can make as many mobile spin offs as they like.
Falk
that puzzling face
(11-11-2016, 06:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Realeza

That's like hoping a first person shooter won't have guns.
Eliseo
(11-11-2016, 07:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Falk

They can use the granblue fantasy approach, based on your weapon pool instead of the gacha characters.
BasilZero
(11-11-2016, 07:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Aters

Go play Bravely Second guys, it's a great game.

Planning to get it when it goes on sale during black friday.

Shame that this title is going to mobiles but...at least I hope it comes to the west so I can at least try it out :p
Arkeband
Banned
(11-11-2016, 07:14 PM)

Mini-spoiler followed by a much bigger spoiler:

Bravely Second changed from "End Layer" to "Send Player", which only kinda-sorta makes sense but the trick is it adds "S" and "P", and "SP" is the 4th-wall breaking currency you can spend to stop time. The game effectively starts in New Game +, but in the intro you're now able to use SP and you completely change how the game plays out. If you don't use SP because you're too dense to figure it out, the game plays out again as a straight NG+ of the first playthrough (don't do this).

I can't really see Fairy's Effect being a hidden phrase but who knows.
Azure Dream
(11-11-2016, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Pureauthor

It's a fairy! Kill it kill it kill it

Man God
Non-Canon Member
(11-11-2016, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Falk

Heretic sequel?!?
VertPin
(11-11-2016, 08:44 PM)
So, this is like a new actual Bravely game? Or is this a spin off? It says RPG in the title. I'm really glad by this choice, I loved BD, and just started BS. I wanted to see this series go mobile since the first game. I can't stand the 3DS's ergonomics, second screen gameplay, outdated hardware and low screen resolution. I will be following this, for sure. I can't wait. Please have actual traversal rather than a point and click world map gacha RPG style game.

...Before anyone jumps at me, I do believe this game is something that can be reconstructed well into mobile. The World Ends With You is from the Nintendo DS to iOS and Android are a great example of this.
Chastten
(11-11-2016, 08:48 PM)
Shame, no way in hell this is getting a localisation without Nintendo or some other party paying the bills.

Still hoping for a Switch sequel.