• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAGAFTRA shows new Saints Row game in development (codenamed Project Atlas)

I found this via Google search when looking for new Saints Row news. Not sure if anyone saw this yet.

https://www.sagaftra.org/files/non-struck_video_game_productions_list_11.7.16.pdf

Dat image in case pdf gets pulled down:

IXcyhe7.png

Alexious

This could very well be Agents of Mayhem.

Though that game seems to have disappeared from the radar after its E3 showcase.

Though that game seems to have disappeared from the radar after its E3 showcase.

Good. I love Saints Row and that game seemed like it had very little going for it. Hoping they went back and made huge changes.

Good. I love Saints Row and that game seemed like it had very little going for it. Hoping they went back and made huge changes.

Yeah, what little reception there was for it was largely negative or indifferent. I wonder if they said fuck it and retooled it as a mainline Saints Row game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It won't be like Saint's Row 2... expecting more of what 4 gave us. Even a dial back to 3's more grounded zaniness would be alright.

ekim

What is the Marvel Blue Harvest game?
What is Kraken?
What are those two Take2 Games?

Lots of unknowns (for me)

It won't be like Saint's Row 2... expecting more of what 4 gave us. Even a dial back to 3's more grounded zaniness would be alright.

I agree. But you know what? They never released full sales figures for Saints Row 4. They just said it sold more than 1 milly in a week. And Saints Row 3 had shipped 3.8 million units by January 2012 (released in nov 2011) so it may have sold way better than SR4 for all we know.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think SAG AFTRA publicly posting a list, half of which are probably under NDA, is what people had in mind when "more transparency for projects" was brought up, heh.

TissueBox

Yeah, what little reception there was for it was largely negative or indifferent. I wonder if they said fuck it and retooled it as a mainline Saints Row game.

Hah, if it ended up being Saints Row in disguise that would be hype.

Technically it is supposed to be set in the same universe though, so I don't know, they might already consider it a kind of spin-off entry.

LordKano

Fucking finally.
I already 100% Saints Row The Third twice and Saints Row IV once, I need my fix as soon as possible.

Mr. Virus

I don't think SAG AFTRA publicly posting a list, half of which are probably under NDA, is what people had in mind when "more transparency for projects" was brought up, heh.

Especially given the whole "VAs have often leaked projects" angle has been used. This seems a bit short sighted in that regard.

This is what my mind went to. I can see them rebranding the game to be Saints Row after the lack of attention Agents of Mayhem got.

it's entire possible that Agents of Mayhem will mop up the more wacky elements Volition has in mind going forward and SR5 will return to its more grounded roots. That's what i'm hoping for, at least.

Zukkoyaki

Agents of Mayhem looks like pure goofy fun and has that golden age of PS2 feel going on. It wouldn't surprise me if Volition had Saints V cooking as well.

I just need either Mayhem or Saints 5 to fill the SR2 sized hole in my life. SR2 on PC is really showing its age, even ignoring all the bugginess, and IdolNinja recently mentioned that the original source code was lost to the THQ sale, so there's practically no chance of a remaster.

I don't care about the batshit levels as long as they focus on building a quality open world again and don't ignore it for story missions you'll only be able to play once due to the games not having a mission replay option

It really sucks that this is leaking. Are they allowed to just share this data?

They don't care they on strike man.

I agree, I really liked 3 and 4, but toning it down from 4 would be the better choice.

From Volition's Saints Row Anniversary stream they detailed what Saints Row 4 was going to be originally before THQ got broke as fuck as told them to turn Enter The Dominatrix into a full game instead. A summary vid:

https://youtu.be/Nvcp__cYCSg?t=299

It would have been glorious. Deep Silver should have made them make that instead of Agents of Mayhem.

They don't care they on strike man.

From Volition's Saints Row Anniversary stream they detailed what Saints Row 4 was going to be originally before THQ got broke as fuck as told them to turn Enter The Dominatrix into a full game instead. A summary vid:

https://youtu.be/Nvcp__cYCSg?t=299

It would have been glorious. Deep Silver should have made them make that instead of Agents of Mayhem.

SR4 Prime would've been amazing.

THQ ruined everything.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Saints Row 3 basically had three things going for it that led to its success:
1.) There was a general lack of open world games at the time. Open world games are now incredibly common.
2.) The tone was a good match for those who felt unserved by GTA IV. The writing and tone in the new one was awful judging by the debut trailer.
3.) The game had co-op, which was incredibly underserved in the open world market, and still is pretty underserved today. Agents of Mayhem is singleplayer only.

If they actually are releasing it as-is, it's going to be a disaster.

eshwaaz

I think Volition is a very talented studio and I've enjoyed quite a few of their games over the years, but Agents of Mayhem should not have been shown in that state. It was either far too early to show, or it's just not coming together very well.

I was fully ready for them to move on from Saints Row after the direction they went with 3 and 4, but based on what they've shown of Agents of Mayhem, maybe more Saints wouldn't be so bad.

LordofPwn

I'm more interested by the Formosa Interactive stuff, looks to be all internal Sony titles?

Also which one is I-20 and isn't Spider-Man I-23?

It was already open-world. They didn't show much of it for some reason though.

yeah, they did an awful job showcasing the open world aspects. To the average person it looked like a regular third person shooter with RPG aspects, with similarities to Crackdown and Overwatch. They need to come out and do a video like they did with SR3 where they ran around a small portion of Steelport causing mayhem before getting into the VTOL and flying around.

A few interesting things on that list. Batman Arkham Underworld?! Is anyone really interested in a new Batman game at this point? Let Rocksteady work on something else, for fuck's sake. EDIT - oh, I see mentioned above it's a mobile game.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was shitcanned after the very poor reception and they're reusing what they've got for a new Saints Row instead.

What is the Marvel Blue Harvest game?
What is Kraken?
What are those two Take2 Games?

Lots of unknowns (for me)

Blue Harvest is Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy, I'd wager, as the new Walking Dead game is right below it.

Aces High could be RDR2?

I think Project Nagano was the code name for Scalebound.

I'm interested to know more about that Untitled Samurai game.

Metallica and Sabbath by WB sounds like instrument games, perhaps?

LordofPwn said:
I'm more interested by the Formosa Interactive stuff, looks to be all internal Sony titles?

Also which one is I-20 and isn't Spider-Man I-23?

Pretty sure that guy who leaked a bunch of MS stuff a few years back referred to Scalebound as Project Nagano. Also, I recall recently hearing Insomniac's Spidey game referred to as I-20. No idea what that means.

Ravi_elite

Banned
please please please be true...please go back to the gangsta saints row style...

please go back to online competitive multiplayer..

please be a remaster of the original saints row multiplayer

I've been ready for more Saints Row since the end of 4. Gat out of Hell just wasn't enough for me. It's my favorite series now since it'll apparently be a cold day in hell that we get a new Silent Hill game.

Agents of Mayhem is one of the most generic names I can think of. I'd honestly rather have ANY Saints Row (grounded or batshit insane) instead. Sorry Volition, you didn't impress.

LordofPwn

Pretty sure that guy who leaked a bunch of MS stuff a few years back referred to Scalebound as Project Nagano. Also, I recall recently hearing Insomniac's Spidey game referred to as I-20. No idea what that means.

Yeah just checked, Spidey is I-20, Song of the Deep was I-23. Stands for Insomniac Games n game entering production. for comparison I-8 was Resistance: Fall of Man

Top Bottom